Ethical Hacking

Hello everyone. I am looking into becoming an Ethical hacker and don't know where to even start. Any advice on where to begin?

Attached: ethical-hacking-647_091817043330.jpg (647x404, 121K)

Other urls found in this thread:

overthewire.org/wargames/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>hacking
>ethical
pick 1

>dont worry im an ethical burglar

Attached: 5975036_stock-photo-burglar.jpg (600x400, 24K)

install lunix, change terminal font to green then run hollywood, open firefox, inspect element paypal change balance to $1,000,000, take screenshot and post on reddit

.... Or just do the OSCP

Attached: hollywood.gif (480x270, 3.12M)

First, hacking isn't breaking into other computer systems. That's cracking. Second, hacking is taking the source code to software and modifying it to do things it wasn't originally meant to do. It's basically the software equivalent of when scientists muck about with different chemicals and determine that an anti-psychotic drug also curbs nicotine cravings, or certain strains of HIV can be made to attach to cancer cells and jumpstart the human immune system to make your body attack the cancer cells

My advice would be to learn to dig up information on your own, if you can't even do that don't even bother

Steal your library's books and release them into the freedom.

Important, but time-consuming.
t. Juche NEET who haven't achieved a smallest thing in the last 5 years.

Get VMWare Player or VirtualBox and download Kali Linux

Read these books:
The Basics of Hacking and Penetration Testing: Ethical Hacking and Penetration Testing Made Easy 2nd Edition

Penetration Testing: A Hands-On Introduction to Hacking (getting a bit outdated but the author is working on a new edition)

kali linux is a good OS to get into penetration testing/hacking
I prefer to use it with dual boot, but VMs work just as well. follow assorted guides online, and do Capture the Flag challenges.

I appreciate the advice. I'll check it out and see if I can't get enough knowledge to get started.

Install sendmail and emacs

>ayy lmao wana be l33tz
yeah sure thing bud
oh wait
>ayy lmao wana be (((ethical))) l33tz
yeah fuck off

Attached: lamos.gif (390x379, 156K)

To add to my advice, start with the Bandit CTF (Capture the flag) on this site:
overthewire.org/wargames/

It teaches you the basic of using a linux terminal

So like white hat working for a firm or gray hat working to take down the man

there's also a distro called Damn Vulnerable Linux
just like what it sounds, it's a good punching bad to learn how exploits work
a huge part of hacking isn't hacking at all, it's reconnaissance of the target both pre and post initial exploit
personally I find looking around and mapping a network more satisfying desu

For all the boomers on here who are bitching about the ethical part, all it means is he wants to get paid by companies to pentest their shit. It's just the term that gets used now instead of white hat

Attached: 9055349.jpg (544x902, 105K)

Hackthebox has taught me a lot...no hand holding...u learn by doing.

>Its okay, I'm an ethical murderer

Attached: 93604095-asian-fatman-with-hand-aiming-gun-on-his-head-concept-murder.jpg (1300x866, 62K)

if you ask someone to break into your house to help you test your security, then yes it's ethical
not sure about the damages though, I guess that's what you gotta agree with

root-me.com

I heard there is a big vuln. at the throat, using the knife exploit. Do you know how to fix that?

isn't this just the military?