I want to install a linux distro on my quite weak laptop, i already have mint on it but i want to change...

I want to install a linux distro on my quite weak laptop, i already have mint on it but i want to change. I was thinking about Manjaro or Antergos because i don't have the balls to install Arch. What is better? Manjaro or Antergos?

Attached: antergos-vs-manjaro.jpg (718x479, 29K)

I would go for Gentoo
t. Windows 8 user

I'd say Manjaro. My personal preference. Other people will have different opinions.

Attached: Screenshot_2019-02-26_11-13-20.png (1920x1080, 1.81M)

MX Linux.

Fedora

Go balls deep into the arch.

install reborn os
it's antergos without systemd

i think i'm going with Manjaro, what DE should i use? In my brief experience i have tried Cinnamon and XFCE and i like XFCE more

dwm

I'd go with either XFCE or KDE, i3 if you like tiling wm's

install gentoo

Attached: 1549265482433.jpg (2133x1200, 216K)

XFCE and KDE are the officially supported DEs of Manjaro (not sure about GNOME support), be aware KDE is quite heavy on a computer with poor graphics (think slower than Intel HD Graphics)

Use fedora, it's pretty easy and good at handling most of the drivers.

If you are a beginner do not go with any of the above. When I was at your shoes I tried manjaro and that thing broke with the next update, I have got a problem with networking, then I reinstalled it and after a few years same thing but with sound. The maineiners of arch repositories do not test those packages. In most of the time they fix the issues in next update SO I suggest you not to delete recoveries of you are willing to you is. But I would not, not again.

you should focus more on desktop environment rater than the os if you're concerned about ram usage, op

Attached: [Special Clips] GFRIEND In Taiwan-4qiUIGdTrSU-[08.44.591-08.46.626].webm (1920x1080, 2.01M)

>i don't have the balls to install Arch
If you want to go for a rolling-release Arch-based distro just install Arch. There's a bazillion guides out there for it and it really is not hard at all and it's better you have at the very least some idea of how your system works.
As for DE go with XFCE.

RebeccaBlackOS

This, Manjaro still inherits some of Arch's quirks (e.g. no partial updates, python3 aliased to python instead of python2 being aliased), and though it is very stable and comfy if you've used Arch before, there are still some issues with the update process (e.g. with the recent systemd regression)

Unironically Gentoo GNU/Linux

You don't know shit about either one of them. I used both Manjaro and Fedora for 2 years and Fedora was a fucking pain. Shits itself every major upgrade. Have to install rpm fusion to get any decent software. And don't you dare upgrading you version before rpm fusion is ready for it.
Manjaro just works. Nice GUI for software and kernel updates. I'll never use a non rolling distro again.

arch is literally easier to install now than it was when it had a ncurses installer

yes but I also want to try some new distros, so maybe I will find the one that suits me the best

rpm is founded by fedora you shitlord. And if executing literally 1 command to get access to full non- and proprietary packages is hard for you just forget it you are not worth of my time.

I've tried Manjaro, Mint, Antergos, Elementary, and a couple others close to a year ago after I had some serious fucking problems with Win10. After I installed Antergos I never looked back.

Yeah hey buddy just gonna say it like it is Install Gentoo

Attached: 94E521AD-3D1C-4F87-A2C3-5654A6D9D67C.png (400x299, 172K)

Both are shit. Use Void.

go for Antergos user

Antergos is pretty much a pre-configured Arch with a few extra pakages.
Manjaro is some retarded German that can't renew his ssl certificates.

I run manajro, wife has antergos, both are what you make them really. If you want to be closer to upstream arch, pick antergos.

Just follow the guide, user. Manjaro and Antergos are busted.

You shouldnt be using a desktop environment if you worry about ram usage.

I use Manjaro, but it's *really* bloated, I wish I had installed Arch tbqh. You should check out Arcolinux and Archlabs.

You can just uninstall most of the bloat that comes with Manjaro. Though at that point you might as well go with Arch, yes.

Manjaro and Antergos ar both shitty as fuck. Go with Anarchy or Archlabs

if your gonna take it in the ass you might as well take it all the way by installing arch instead of just dipping the tip a few times

You should go for manjaro architect

install exherbo linux

Attached: zebrapig-translucent.png (190x310, 26K)

For the record I will recommend Manjaro over Antergos.
I had tried most distros during the early days and Antergos Gnome is slow as fuck in a netbook but when I installed real Arch linux it was blazingly fast and that's a Celeron netbook, 1.8Ghz dual core 2GBDDR2 memory and plasma desktop.
Never touched antergos ever again after that incident.
Manjaro is at closer performance with Arch but nothing beats pure Arch linux.
So why is minimal installs much faster than pre-packaged installs? It is because hdds usually have faster transfers at the inner side of the disk which is the first files written over the disk and has lower RAM footprint.

This

Manjaro KDE is pretty based.
No clue "how weak" we are talking here. My X230 with 3rd Gen i5 slowed down a lot in Windows 10 over the past year (Meltdown updates maybe?). Anyways I switched to Manjaro KDE and it's a major performance bump although I had all animations disabled and about 10 programs installed in W10.

Attached: Screenshot_20190226_200914.png (1920x1080, 550K)

Install BBQlinux
It is just Arch linux with android developer repository.
You'll have to install trizen and remove yaourt if it came with yaourt and setup the Octopi to use trizen. Don't know though, haven't used the distro in years. It's the quickest and safest way to install pure Arch linux.

Debian

Also lets you have that arch screenfetch.
After you installed BBQlinux just follow the arch linux wiki directly and fix the pacman AUR helpers first to avoid duplicate entries on octopi that happened with Manjaro and other forks.
My pick is trizen and next is pikaur.

1) Why do you want to change
2) Distro is a social construct
3) If you want to learn something install wihtout any of the wizzard.
Whatever you want, it's your computer

arch_old ascii is best arch ascii

>i like XFCE more

Attached: CopyQ.ekXbvW.png (834x601, 18K)

KDE hasn't been heavy for quite some time. It's not 2014. anymore. Check RAM usage comparisons on YouTube.

Antergos is just a gui installer with an extro repo. It's literally arch for people that want a gui installer(don't tell the forums about this, unless you install it like them want it's not arch)
Manjaro is a gimped arch that holds your hand but stomps on your feet all the time.
Basically, and since you say you don't want to install Arch, install Debian(stable, testing, sid, your pick).

>weak laptop
Go with arco linux i3. Fast and lightweight.

I tried Antergos a few years ago and the thing would have all sorts of problems if I decided to tick any of the optional stuff on install. That could have changed.

Manjaro every now and then works excellent, but not too long ago it decided after an update that I didn't need a working sddm and it was being a pain in the ass.

I wanted a good KDE distro, I might jump into Manjaro again but I don't like when that kind of stuff happens just for doing a basic thing such as updating to something that's supposedly not testing or unstable.