Install debian minimal netinst

>install debian minimal netinst
>struggle constantly just to get trivial shit working
>install manjaro i3
>literally just works
>pacmac makes it work even more, don't even have to build yourself
>am more productive because I don't have to babysit my system and can effectively multitask

why is Jow Forums so masochistic

Attached: manjaro logo.png (853x853, 2K)

Other urls found in this thread:

cdimage.debian.org/cdimage/unofficial/non-free/cd-including-firmware/
cdimage.debian.org/cdimage/unofficial/non-free/cd-including-firmware/current/amd64/iso-cd/firmware-9.8.0-amd64-netinst.iso
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>install minimal shit
>somehow expect it to just work
You're literally retarded.

Can’t wait till you FrankenArch breaks in a month and you blame it on vanilla Arch

how will it break?

according to Jow Forums you're retarded if you don't install minimal shit and can't just make it work

Minimal netinstall is a barebones system, dipshit. It's not minimal in the "minimalist desktop" sense.

Jow Forums also tells you to use to use and not use a DE and to love and hate GNOME/KDE/Xfce. Start forming your own opinions, mate.

>Install debian
>It just works
>Nothing breaks unless I break it
>Can have the system up for years without a single upgrade besides security ones

>Install Manjaro
>Issues on anything ranging from codecs to random libraries
>Every update puts fear in your mind which thing might break this time
>It's a frankenarch, if frankendebian are bad, imagine an arch one
Just install pure debian or arch, don't fall for these distros based on x and y, they never work as good.

That’s the point of minimal distros. They don’t work without an autistic amount of effort put into them. Then they break. Stick to manjaro or other similar distros for any machine you actually expect to rely on for anything ever. Manjaro just gets shit on this board because it’s popular

>install manjaro i3
>struggle constantly just to get trivial shit working
>install debian minimal netinst
>literally just works
>pacmac makes it work even more, don't even have to build yourself
>am more productive because I don't have to babysit my system and can effectively multitask

> why is OP so masochistic

So, 10 minutes or less is autistic? That's all the time I need after a fresh debian net install to make it like I want.

>install manjaro
>all the benefits of arch without the autism
Hmmm maybe arch is cool let’s try it
>install goes smoothly
Hmmmmm maybe I really am wasting my time with baby arch
>nothing works
>everything breaks everything else
>boots slower than manjaro
>at its absolute most minimal it’s still slower and less responsive than manjaro
>x config file autism just to make text readable on terminal
Nvm I’ll stick to mature distros

more like
>try debian live
>everything works and looks good
>install
>loluwanteddriverstwo?
debian is bait and switch for the unsuspecting because it's not obvious that you need to download the nonfree install media to have hardware support

Shhhhh Debian-baby we’re talking about MODERN software

>muh install debian
Is it 2012 or something?

yeah because it's all old hat to you. for someone who hasn't done it a bajillion times it seems more trouble than it's worth

People want something that works and doesn't break with a fart. That's why the big boys use Debian, Fedora, Gentoo and Slackware. But by all means use whatever you want.

Debian is so shitty even Linus thinks it’s retarded, and he uses fedora

>big boys using slackware and debian
>2019
>muh gentoo meme
The only one who is saved on that list is Fedora

>update mandingo
>deletes swap file and wont boot
Fuck Arch and all its derivatives install debian

Attached: 1545337723843.jpg (665x370, 27K)

Gonna make it simple for you nigger

>get debian net iso
>install debian in 20 mins
>get ethernet
>sudo apt-get update and upgrade
>restart debian
>change sources list
>get wifi drivers and read debian wifi wiki
>get wifi working
>restart to make sure wifi start at boot
>wifi works
>install xorg
>install dwm
Done

All in one hour

Oh btw, my very first distro was manjaro kde

i'm sorry op that you're a stupid little piss baby who can't do anything for yourself

Attached: works_on_my_machine_mug.jpg (460x460, 21K)

I keep my propriety wifi drivers on a spare usb to install them during debian netinstall, besides that everything just works. If you can't figure out how to do that you probably shouldn't be on this board. It literally takes 5 minutes.

what the fuck there are images with the firmware pre-loaded

cdimage.debian.org/cdimage/unofficial/non-free/cd-including-firmware/

am i the only one on Jow Forums that knows this? every fucking time debian is mentioned someone bitches about this non-problem

>install gentoo
>everything works because I made them work
top jej

Attached: 1549131219336.gif (300x385, 3.92M)

We're talking about the netinst image. But even if they had a netinst image with nonfree firmware I'd do it my way, so I don't have extra firmware that my computer doesn't need.

cdimage.debian.org/cdimage/unofficial/non-free/cd-including-firmware/current/amd64/iso-cd/firmware-9.8.0-amd64-netinst.iso

that's cool, you do you. i'm ragging more on the dumbfucks who piss on about firmware being an issue at all

this gif makes me happy

Yeah Manjaro is really comfy.
Easy and fast to install, all the benefits of arch, including AUR. And if something should actually break I can just download the newest .iso and have a clean install and be ready to continue working in 20 minutes.
I never got why someone would spend so much time customizing everything. The defaults are really fine imo and you don't waste your time.

Attached: abe3zpl36bb21.jpg (1920x1080, 1.06M)

>People want something that works and doesn't break with a fart
Got just the thing for you.

Attached: 1545130736670.png (1583x2057, 136K)

yes, but it's not advertised that the live has nonfree shit and unless you downloaded the nonfree install image then shit's gonna break after install. don't forget you're looking through the lens of experience

>install ubuntu 18.10 netboot
>pick your de of choice, in my case gnome because i get my calendar syncd perfectly
>everything just works, i can focus on getting things done
i'm sorry to tell you this but i think you may be the problem, user