Majoring in cs

>majoring in cs
>go to class with my thinkpad and arch install
>everyone else has surfaces and macbooks
>immediately the loser and school shooter candidate for the class
Don't fall for Jow Forums memes

Attached: 1551076511486.png (1102x967, 501K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=KZmIZbtI46Y
lenovo.com/us/en/laptops/thinkpad/thinkpad-p/ThinkPad-P72/p/22WS2WPWP72
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Grow up kid. Nobody care about what brand your computer is. They care about your appearance.

If people mock you for your brand of laptop, you go to a shit university. Simple as.

You're based and redpilled, OP. Don't succumb to peer pressure, that would make you cringe and bluepilled. A normie if you will.

I was the first CS grad to come with a Thinkpad in my uni. Then, my autistic class friends bought Thinkpads too. Now even senpais are buying, we made a telegram group for mapping Thinkpad sales and share info.

just be social

youtube.com/watch?v=KZmIZbtI46Y

I'm about the hiring age, and if you come to the interview with a thinkpad with linux on it I'm 20 times more likely to hire you

>go to class with my macbook
>everyone else has some black/red colored 15" gayming laptop
>everyone makes fun of me for buying overpriced shit that can't even gaem
>can't even hear the teacher because of all the laptop fans spinning full speed in class

Attached: c05553185.png (573x430, 149K)

have more confidence in yourself user. If you made your choice because thinkpad+arch is more convenient for you, then you have nothing to worry for.

They're probably judging you by the fedora, trenchcoat, autistic manerrisms, and oily hair. desu i would too.

honestly this

>sitting on my decade old white plastic MacBook running Mojave and Mint like a champ
>everyone else in class has a surfacebotnet, Thinkpad, or some 19" laymen glow in the dark laptop with a mechanical keyboard so they can browse reddit

This is key. I brought my T40 to the class more than once and everyone is always amazed and wants to give the old fella a try. I'm kinda one of the cool kids so instead of scared, people are curious.
But I had certain problems with people a few years ago, so I can relate with you, OP. Be strong for IBM.

>go to trade school
>everyone has lenovo products and thinkpads

Attached: beluga.jpg (1280x836, 95K)

Why would you want to be like all the NPCs? Just use Thinkpad

Who the fuck brings a laptop to an interview? If anything, employers won't even let you whip out your laptop since unknown devices are probably forbidden according to the company's security policy.

>majoring in business
>go to class with my thinkpad and a polished Pop!_OS install
>everyone else has whatever they could afford
>immediately the chad of class
thinkpads are the business suit of laptops. If you run one and aren't autistically ricing like with an arch install, then you come off as a busy man. It also helps that i wear a suit and usually do my hair.

I don't know why Jow Forums is afraid of others thinking they're autistic for using thinkpads, everyone uses them. I work in finance and we have mostly thinkpads and thinkcentres plus a handful of surface books

I work at a finance company too, thinkpads are standard issue here.

I go with the T60 with a Win7 themed like Win9x (with Plus!), some look weird at me but I could not care less, I use what I like.
There is always the moron that criticizes you because if you don't "use Windows 10" like everyone else they accuse you of being a hipster tryhard, the normies don't care though, the idiots are nu-nerd faggots.

Thinkpad + Fedora is the chad combination.

The only loser in that class, is the fat guy with the over the top gayman computer.

honestly i kinda feel like a fag with my surface book, i wish i had bought a thinkpad instead. the keyboard and display are pretty great though...

People are retards that's why.
Thinkpad is literally the industry standard. That's why their so cheap used. Because major corps buy them in bulk and when they upgrade ebay gets full.
That's the whole point of the Thinkpad meme.

tfw cs grad student with thinkpad and arch and no one gives a shit.

Undergrad uni student here, I actually had some people compliment my T430 because of how durable and cheap it is. It runs Virtualbox faster than a lot of the Macbooks I've seen, and their jaw drops when I told them I only paid $120 for it.

How is that first semester going.

>guy in my class has a linux penguin sticker on his laptop
>ask him what distro he's running
>sheepishly answers windows 10

Attached: 5e2.jpg (554x439, 106K)

just hoping I don't fail data structures 3 times like you.

>majoring in linguistics
>go to class with my thinkpad and arch install
>no one bats an eye

Just don't be an incel

Hello Luke Smith impersonator.

Joke's on you, I failed intro to programming so I never got to data structures. Got a job though.

He is an incel though

Fuck you, if you want performance in a laptop you have NO OPTIONS but to buy a gaming laptop.
>but those enterprise thing ones
are shit, overheat and are shit.

This is awful, I want a thick laptop with no cooling issues that is powerful enough(like a high tier i5 or an i7, 2060 tier card) to not be shit, not even for gaming.

I go to Berkeley and the same thing happens here.

How can people even tell you are running Arch, the DE hides it pretty well, do you have a terminal with screenfetch all the time in class?

His poor personal hygiene gives it away

I bet he has cmatrix and htop running too, to show everyone that he's a l33t h4xx0r.

>graduate
>only job you could get is ching chong happy giraffe in rural China
>marry a peasant girl with a manjaw that controls every aspect of your life
>die of alcoholism in your 30s.

>majoring in CS
Stopped reading right there
U fell for the CS meme, i hope you havent graduated yet maybe u can get a useful degree instead

No.
lenovo.com/us/en/laptops/thinkpad/thinkpad-p/ThinkPad-P72/p/22WS2WPWP72

Apple products are trash, but the *nix platform the OS is built on makes it a simple and convenient dev environment to work on. Being a dipshit fanboi Apple-hater doesn't mean that Apple doesn't have a decent platform for development.

is the cs program as infested with bullshit as the rest of the university?

>conformity is the only thing that matters
You'd be a school shooting candidate even without a thinkpad, autismo.

I always have a floating window on my i3 gaps with my custom config of Neofetch in the corner of my WM.

>got a political degree in Russia
>Spent 4 years playing hearthstone >people looked at me weird since literally noone used a laptop in class
>Spent 4 years playing hearthstone and watching movies on an iPad
>Graduated , instantly applied to every IT company in Russia
>Got in as a support engineer
>Tfw 1,5 years later I am a DevOps
Wish I spent those 4 years learning something useful

Pic sorta related , one of our production server boots off of this( I work in a multi-million dollar company)

Attached: IMG_20190114_151607.jpg (5184x2592, 2.96M)

Also, praise kek. The day of the rope will come soon, kekistani bro. Shadilay.

I have a Dell XPS15 through work. It can play most games

>implying anyone notices you

Attached: 1549498315064.png (640x480, 20K)

You're just being paranoid OP. No one really cares what kind of laptop you have at all. I'm in the business school which is full of normalfags, and I take my x220 everywhere without problem.
Only once have I been asked why I'm using such an old laptop and I just said that it was cheap and does everything I need it to, since I have a desktop at home.

>Don't fall for Jow Forums memes
No fucking shit

Ya'll niggas posting in an Apple astroturfing thread

this is also happening at my uni, most of them run arch as well

>How can people even tell you are running Arch
Arch users are like vegans, they tell everyone they are running Arch constantly and how backwards and stupid everyone else is for not doing the same

He told them obviously, duh.

Lmao I got a friend who is literally this

I used a thinkpad in uni, and then at my job. People respect it because it has no lights or other bullshit
[spoiler]Also it's a little qt x220 so it's portable as well[/spoiler]

if your school doesn't have mandatory linux install requirements, its shit or you're lying about CS and you're just a little bitch IT desk jockey

I mean, you fell for the CS meme... No fucking wonder you fell for the thinkpad and gentoo meme.

Attached: 1536763137828.jpg (585x1071, 79K)

Most of my professors use thinkpads.

Attached: 1540794122439.jpg (218x265, 22K)

Attached: 1540154713150.png (720x405, 147K)

kek

Why fix something that already works

>year of out Lord 2011+8
>Berkeley
>Not shit

Attached: no.png (863x1080, 365K)