How many of you are still using pic related?

How many of you are still using pic related?

Attached: hqdefault.jpg (480x360, 16K)

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/zeffy/wufuc
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Still use it on my desktop, which I mostly use for gaming and watching movies or listening to music. My laptop has one of those brand new processors that force Windows 10.

I'm probably going to use it until it dies whether it's supported by Microsoft or not.

On the pc I'm currently using. On my other 2 pcs I have 10 (on one of those I have ubuntu in dual boot).
I want to get rid of it, but I'm too lazy to format and reinstall rn.

i use it until google chrome stops using it

>Still using Google chrome
How to spot a normie.

If you're running windows there's literally no reason not to run 7

I exclusively use it in a VM for malware analysis.

/thread

I still am. Once it's fully dead I'm gonna switch to 10 LTSB/LTSC

Is windows xp fully dead yet?

I switched from it to 8.1 when that came out and then to 10 because whatever. All post-XP Windows versions are really not that different anyway, random faggotry with forced updates and telemetry etc. is barely worth mentioning.

>How many of you are still using pic related?
Windows 10 didn't overtake 7 in user popularity until late december 2018

Attached: 1291180332293.jpg (537x529, 32K)

>My laptop has one of those brand new processors that force Windows 10.
Good goy.

7 and XP

Attached: 0f94c139108c7e40feff07631de207ec.jpg (667x1000, 159K)

>My laptop has one of those brand new processors that force Windows 10.

Attached: 1532927647041.jpg (700x678, 62K)

1 laptop and 2 desktops on w7 pro.
1 laptop on win 8 with classic shell.
1 work laptop on win 10 unfortunately.
Work laptop gives me the most issues even with me doing the least sketchy stuff with it.

Attached: 1551132099157.jpg (1280x720, 121K)

i keep a spare laptop on the parts shelf with win7 just in case

I do. On a laptop for battery life and desktop for video games.

>Is windows xp fully dead yet?
No

TFW this comfy
I love Win7, it's peak Windows OS IMO. My desktop actually force updated to Win10 when I left it on over night to do a torrent download. Woke up, shook the mouse and it said it was finishing updated in that hideous light blue screen, I actually unironically REEEE'd at it, woke up my roommate and we went and got beers to have while complaining about microsoft.
I bought a couple extra copies of Win7 that day and I'm saving them for future builds when I'm not poor AF

I was then the computer broke :(
Probably going to linux for next build even if gaming isn't as good I really don't like the idea of 10 and where it's going.

I think a higher percentage do on here but just want to be edgy..

Its more of a rats looking for a way off the ship kind of situation with chrome

Attached: 58.jpg (418x299, 13K)

Maximum comfy

Attached: meinnword.png (1920x1080, 259K)

the fastest browser and the only one to implement private browsing properly yes damn right i use chrome

i was but then i tried win 10 (ltsb of course) and unironically liked it

>the fastest browser and the only one to implement private browsing properly yes damn right i use chrome
dense. chromium is chrome but with no tracking and the same support. who the fuck uses private browsing?

>Google Chrome
>Private Browsing
>Privacy
kek

XP & 7

Me, will use it till I die. Seriously, I got spare core parts in my closet (ram/cpu/graphics/mobo). The only parts I'll have to buy/replace is PSU/SSD and maybe an optical drive. ATX and SATA ain't going anywhere. DVD burners are cheap as shit so stock up on them while they still make them.

i use it to prevent disk writes, firefox still writes to %temp% for media cache
also if your internet is fast enough you really dont miss disk cache

For a business environment why would 7 > 10 LTSB?

If you have to run software windows 10 literally can't handle.

Their semi-official advice is "run windows 7 in a virtual machine" then :)

Attached: 1250507322779.gif (576x432, 1.35M)

I've used the same 7 number for like 6 iterations of this PC. Like a shove where the handle breaks, I replace it then the head breaks, I replace it, it is still the same shovel. If I ever have problems I'll crack it.

k-meleon on goanna is far faster

Still works fine here without BOTNET patches.

What processor forces Windows?

latest intels

Ryzen since gen 2 at least

I do :3

Attached: System.png (1631x931, 181K)

Pff fuck that shit I'm going to linux

cute :3

>just works
>no forced updates
>no russian roulette with updates that will delete your files
>cleaner / better looking overall
>easier to navigate
>search actually works

github.com/zeffy/wufuc
have you tried this? And why the fuck people buy cancer tier laptops

Why Is Microsoft so obsessed with moving people to windows 10?
It has no notable advantages over 7

DIRECT X 12 FOR GAMING DOOOOD AND MICROSOFT STORE WITH GAMES

Thank god I only play older titles then. Fuck DX 12 and the Store bullshit. We use Ten at work; fucking garbage.

W7 on my main, W10 LTSB in my server, going to change W10 to Gentoo soon.

That's a lie. I have an i9-9900K, and I'm running Gentoo

Only a handful of games even use it, mainly Microsoft ones. Everything else just has it brute forced, with DX11 mostly running better.

>W10 LTSB in my server
Why not Server 2016?

Oh look it’s this thread again

my Celeron J3355 server forces w10 too, still going to find some way to install gentoo

Celeron J3355 and J3455

idk desu i was just testing shit and as i said im going to change to linux anyways

I do. 10 yr old pc with 512 mb ram handles win 7 32 bit. also plays vids at solid 60 fps on smplayer.

not really a lie, some new intel processors do block anything other than windows 10 and some famous linux distro, maybe gentoo is in those famous linux distros

No it doesn't, you fucking retard.

None, only the 2200g, 2400g force Win 10 because Win 7 won't install on them but there's always Linux which works perfectly on them. IIRC latest Intel iGPUs only have Win 10 and Linux drivers so possibly no Win 7 on those either.

install gentoo bitch

Instead of clinging desperately to the past, knowing full well you’ll have to give it up eventually and become part of the 10 botnet in order to use a current browser, why don’t you idiots try a different OS altogether? You act like Microsoft is the only entity that can produce an operating system, and your loyalty to a company that has so badly fucked you is really quite sad.

i was thinking about linux mint actually. ddr2 ram is impossible to find nowadays if i can find 2 gb i'd be alright with it.

TITS OR GTFO

>10 yr old pc with 512 mb ram handles win 7 32 bit
Why would you do this to yourself? I know it's possible, but why not just use XP, a lightweight Linux distro, or even ReactOS?

It's the linux of the windows world

what, just check ebay or some online site and buy used, is cheap asf buy two 2gb sticks and be smug.

some programs i need to use weren't supported by xp unfortunately.

ddr2 rams are very choosy about processors and had to test first. dunno how can i do that on ebay.

I use MPV, notepad++, Sony Vgeas 11 and photoshop a lot, i just cant find a same or better alternative to those on linux.

i didnt know ddr2 ram sticks were choosy but you could try buying some, testing them and if they dont work return them and say they dont work, repeat

ryzen 2600 forces retard
its impossible to install without messing with unofficial drivers which may not work

Yes and?

What the fuck are you on about you dolt?

Attached: Capture.png (662x268, 47K)

>but it forces a shitty dark mode meme theme

The real meme is using an AMD processor.

Try turning off WebRTC without an extension

>ywn get more than a 7.9
hold me

Attached: 7.9.png (1200x591, 124K)

You're confusing the processor with the motherboard drivers. The CPU doesn't officially support it, so if any bugs come up with compatibility it won't be patched, but a good deal of motherboards just ax'ed windows 7 drivers all together. That's usually what kills the installer on windows 7. usually it's the m.2 and sata controllers that just go lol

Win7/ubuntu double boot on my laptop. My parents have win10 on their desktop and that horseshit convinced me to not get win10.

>install a classic shell
>disable cortana and web search from start

No complaints thus far, took me like a whole 5 minutes to do

>Jow Forums in 2030
>remember windows 10 guys? that shit was the bomb
>Windows just isn't the same
>hahaha, windows 7? nice OS gramps

My cousins used that index to buy a gaming PC... 3570k + GTX 660 vs FX-4100 and GT 640. They went the AMD because it was cheaper. He sold that PC not even 6 months later.

As far as I remember it's not the lack of sata or NVMe that kills Win7, its the lack of support for the new USB chipsets that cause input devices to not work which means you can't do anything, have a PS/2 mouse and keybaord and it works

This. Just get a PCIe USB card.

and if you have itx?

dont get a onion formfactor

There's 5 PCs in my house.
-1 is running win10
-3 are running win7
-1 is a mba so it's running macOS

The year is 2030.
>Your payment information has expired. >Please enter your updated payment information to continue booting Windows 10 OneCloud Personal with Local Disk Support.
ERROR
>Proprietary keyboard not supported without valid payment information.
>Please read your updated payment information to Cortana

ERROR
>Proprietary microphone not supported without valid payment information.
>Please contact Microsoft support via Skype using a supported device.

>Your local disk has expired. Please enter a new local disk to continue.

i removed picrelated for xp
regained 20G+ and lost DX10 which i didn't use anyway cos any game after DX9.0c is trash

meow :3

Present

Attached: Speccy_2019-02-27 07_38_55.png (809x568, 46K)

I hope my notebook will work until linux git gud, i.e. forever.

It's not free as in freedom software, so NO, it is not.

I still do, It just werks.

Attached: speccy.png (1280x1024, 2.18M)

still runnin fine

Attached: desktop_dubu_feb2019.jpg (1920x1080, 731K)