Dark rock pro 4

This is one of the best CPU air coolers on the market. Don't you agree?

Attached: 1542106951308.png (500x500, 217K)

I got it and I'm fucking impressed. Never saw the CPU go past 60°C.

Looks like the same damn thing as my Noctua NH-D15S. Little bit shorter probably the exact same price including the second fan.

looks like NHd-14.

This looks like something from transformers

Attached: 1530827159207.png (500x375, 222K)

Whereas this is THE best air cooler on the market, whilst also being cheaper than overpriced Noctua and Be Quiet trash.

Attached: installed1.jpg (1024x768, 365K)

have the slim version its 11/10 r7 1700x at 47 C max under extensive load

That seems like the kind of thing that'd make me accidentally crack my mobo.

>burrito

Would this fit with 7.6mm high ram?

I have the Darkrock TF and I'm just as impressed.

Attached: IMG_3379_01.jpg (665x1000, 610K)

It's lighter than both the Dark Rock Pro 4 and NH-D15 thanks to only needing one fan.

>he thinks the fan is the reason its lighter and cheaper

Attached: 1424198708551.png (434x463, 260K)

that is pretty great, on my 2700x on water my peak is only 2C lower

It performs better than both the aforementioned coolers. You're fucking retarded.

>NH-D15 weight (no fans) - 980g
>Le Grand Macho weight (no fans) - 962g
Nice meme image, dumbass.

Attached: temp_oc_aida64_fpu.png (500x850, 38K)

and it doesn't look like dog shit

lets see some prime95 avx

AIDA uses AVX and produces higher temps than prime
I literally picked the chart with the highest temps i could find on any review

>tfw Pure Rock
I want a big boi air cooler, god damn the Dark Rock TF is tempting

>AIDA uses AVX and produces higher temps than prime
lol what. AIDA barely does shit

Any tower + Delta fan will do

If you enable fpu, cache and cpu testing it will heat up. Even throw in ram testing all at the same time

Looks great and performs well but it's fucking massive and it's a pain in the ass to work with if you need to re paste your CPU or add more RAM or just fucking clean the motherboard

My Noctua NH-D15S already keeps my CPU at around 20~25C on average. I don't need anything better than that.

7 hours and no response
Yolo it is

have this too, no point getting a new cpu cooler when they're hardly any improvements

That's a con.

Got the Dark Rock 4 when my AIO died, was worried my machine was going to be really loud.

Turns out its quieter and more consistently cool than with the AIO.

should just max out your ram when you buy anyway

You say that now but if coolermaster or someone bring out a competing cooler of these calibers with rbg

>he fell for the watercooling meme

He feel for the All in one watercooling meme. Those things are terrible. If you're gonna do watercooling, you better be prepared to do custom loops and spend some cash on quality parts. Even then, in most cases you simply don't need watercooling

Installation is super awful. Like GOD FUCKING AWFUL. Not hating on BeQuiet. I have a Cooler Master MA620P (MasterAir), and it's the same evil shit.

What's not awful?
The EVO 212 for example. Takes 1 minute to take apart, put it back together. You can remove it without taking everything out of your case, and work on PC, put it back on.
The Dark Rock Pro, or Master Air? Good fucking luck.

I never had Noctua though, maybe those are also easy to work with.

Attached: 1488251841635.gif (446x480, 21K)

If EVO 212 is a good example of easy installation, I'd hate to ever touch the others
Honestly stock coolers have some of the best installations, I don't get what you fags rave about intel stock coolers being shit to install, it's easy as fuck

Well, yea, any custom one takes a bit of time.

What's wrong with the Master Air?
- it has a flimsy plastic install plate on the bottom side
- you cannot unscrew the screws that hold it down, but you need like the included wrench. which obviously requires you to take apart the entire thing.

What's wrong with the Dark Rock Pro?
- has like two screw holes on top, but there is nothing to drive your screwdriver. the screws can easily fall off to the motherboard, and no one will ever take those out, unless you take everything out again.

tl;dr: Both suck ass.
Check if Noctua or "El Macho" is better. I am not saying you take apart your PC a lot of times, but man, replugging a fan is something you sometimes do in a PC.

GOAT

COPE harder

scythe kotetsu is better, smaller and $35

There's no reason for it to be black.
Black doesn't magically cool better.
What a waste of resources.
It speaks volumes about how superficial its owner is.

I never understood the point of computer components looking good anyway. It's inside a case. Unless you have one of those ugly window panels, who's going to see it? Even if you did have an ugly window panel, there's a good chance the case is going to be sitting on the floor anyway.

Entirely pointless.

My case has a window and it's sitting on the floor 1 meter away from me. I can clearly see my 212 black edition and it looks way nicer than a random silver one.

>My case has a window
That's pointless as well.

>he doesn't enjoy the immense feeling of pride when something is aesthetic even when you don't look at it
>he doesn't reassemble his PC every evening
why even Jow Forums

Attached: j8t8p2tuohi21.jpg (1080x1336, 252K)

Excepto the noctua isnt tr4 compatible

Noctua is better.

What about the Thermalright Silver Arrow IBE EXTREME?

Attached: tr-silverarrow-ibe-extreme-large.jpg (2523x2521, 694K)

>- has like two screw holes on top, but there is nothing to drive your screwdriver.
there's a long screwdriver included specifically for making it easy as fuck to install those last two screws

The Silver Arrow used to be pretty much 100% on par with the Noctua NH-D15 back in the days of Sandy Bridge. Best air cooling performance on the market while also staying rather quite. It's enormous in size. The mounting kit is great as well. Extremely sturdy and easy installation - at least with Intel CPUs.

Since then they've come out with several different editions and revisions, not communicating much about the changes, making it unnecessarily confusing to customer. The Extreme Edition fans can not really be described as quite anymore from what I've seen in tests. Then there was the potential danger of killing your CPU when Intel was using those thin PCBs. Thermalright sent you some rubber o-rings if you wanted to prevent that from happening.

How it fares on the latest processors I do not know but I imagine it holds up. Used to be one of the top 3 air coolers out there after all. It's a great design. Definitely better than what Be Quiet has on offer because of the better mounting kit alone. I'm not sure I would buy a dual tower design again though unless I was sure I absolutely needed the additional headroom.

You're the one trying to COPE having wasted money on the Apple of PC cooling.

They're objectively, measurably not. The Grand Macho beats the NH-D15 for temperatures and is quieter whilst doing so AND providing better RAM clearance. Noctua got BTFO by Thermalright.

>The Grand Macho beats the NH-D15 for temperatures
Still waiting on your required Prime AVX benchmarks showing this

Only if you /night walk/

>being cheaper
Not after you buy a decent fan from noctua to put on it instead of the ball bearing garbage it comes with

Not a single alpenföhn. I'm disappointed in you guys.

>Installation is super awful. Like GOD FUCKING AWFUL.

Attached: 1551288827791.jpg (222x227, 16K)

I got this last weekend, Cooler Master MASTERAIR MA620P.

Was like $39.99 after the rebate, I'm happy with it for that price.

Forgot the pic, also, this thing has the most batshit mounting system I've ever seen, be prepared to have to remove a mobo from the case if you ever get one.

Attached: 13_1ab4da2a6932911937a4b39121a9ed53_1518166226.jpg (800x468, 100K)

I laugh every time when I see Thermalcuck's posts. He always deliver.

>putting a 5kg metal block on your motherboard

it's actually 1.2 kg

as a footfag, i'm confused.