Theory of computation exam in a few hours I'm absolutely FUCKED my teacher is autistic and has a lisp so I have to self...

Theory of computation exam in a few hours I'm absolutely FUCKED my teacher is autistic and has a lisp so I have to self study. Any good resources for understanding proofs?

email from teach:

• For the required pumping theorem proof, compare examples 8.8 and 8.10, and appreciate the importance of making a good choice for w.

• For 20 points extra credit, there will be an additional pumping theorem proof that exploits the lexicographic ordering of L. See attached for an example we worked in the offline workshop. As with all extra credit opportunities, there is no penalty for skipping this problem.

• Understand the concept of lexicographic order, even if you don't attempt the extra credit pumping theorem proof.

• Review the transitive, symmetric, and reflexive closures of sets of ordered pairs.

• Know |RLs|; |∑*|, for ∑ ≠ O and ∑ = O; and the cardinality of all languages over ∑, for ∑ ≠ O and ∑ = O.

Attached: Screenshot from 2019-02-17 22-33-20.png (818x392, 104K)

Other urls found in this thread:

vowi.fsinf.at/images/b/b5/TU_Wien-Theoretische_Informatik_und_Logik_VU_(Fermüller,_Oswald)_-_Zusammenfassung_LOGIK_Teil.pdf
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Attached: 700-Backerbrotchen.jpg (300x223, 22K)

you're not gonna cram a proof based course in a few hours. proofs require legit understanding. you fucked up

pumping lemma is kinda easy though.

t. had to study for weeks for my theoretical computer science class because my professor is a massive research-grade autist

>For the required pumping theorem proof, compare examples 8.8 and 8.10, and appreciate the importance of making a good choice for w.

Hear that Jow Forums? Everyone open up your textbooks to example 8.8 and 8.10. Dont worry OP, we'll figure this out for you

>$.50
>not 50¢

Ok, he gets 10 points for the pumping lemma question. Then what? He's screwed. Two-three nights maybe, not hours.

no idea what else they ask.
For reference on the absolute assblasting that class was though this is the summary i learned from back in the days vowi.fsinf.at/images/b/b5/TU_Wien-Theoretische_Informatik_und_Logik_VU_(Fermüller,_Oswald)_-_Zusammenfassung_LOGIK_Teil.pdf

Is this the text book OP wanted us to look through? I thought he was the author and independent publisher of it though? he should know it like the back of his hand.

Attached: a-book-by-op.jpg (217x208, 7K)

>hey guys, look at how complex this coursework is
>I took this class so that means im smart

No I was just illustrating how big the bandwidth of possible topics is, depending on the professor teaching the class.

If you get a full blown autist you can get completely hammered. If you're lucky and get someone who realizes that you don't need to prove the correctness of semantic propositional logic to get what machine learning does you can get away with easier things too.

I am glad I am not in college anymore lmao

wtf

Attached: what.jpg (561x341, 40K)

Attached: 1549878739578.jpg (229x220, 38K)

its basically abstract computer code. you literally just need to punch in the values

When I was walking to an exam after reading a few proofs by reduction many times I finally understood it and was able to write one on the exam for a new problem

Should've studied, nigger

50 cents? I only have a quarter. But wait...

Attached: subtle.jpg (3119x1397, 808K)

What is the joke here? That he sold the kid for some bread?

when you eventually get a job as a software developer or if you are working for based boys or boomer a software """"""""""engineer""""""""" position making crud apps none of this will matter

I am almost about to wrap up my cs "degree" and I never had a theory of computation course. how fucked am I? Should I just graduate or change school?

I understand all of these words.

This physically hurt me.

Is this the power of CS?

Attached: homerhedge.gif (480x354, 2.45M)

This is a bad attitude.
Having a broad range of topics is a good thing and you should really appreciate that a teacher will do that as it is more work for him, but will also teach you much more.
Obviously, you need to know more at the exam and I have totally put myself into a corner where all he wanted to know about was a very specific part of the course I didn't read up on.
But those courses have always been great. I had to push myself harder and I came out on top.

the joke is that the guy had a dollar to buy the bread with but since he lives in America, which is a shithole 3rd world country, the total at the end comes up as $1.15 because of tax which is only calculated at checkout. Thus he removed the crust from the bread to make it cheaper so he can buy it

Yes

Thanks, user. Didn't see the crust was removed.

Look at the last frame again. There's 4 seats but only the 1 from the fathers perspective is filled.

how do you know his is filled?
regardless, I don't know what kind of sense that makes

Who took the picture?

why would anyone need to take a picture? It's a drawing. And going by that logic, who took the first 2 pictures? Who's that kid he's talking to?

false. you don't have to pay taxes on groceries in the majority of american states.

Obviously the mom. The dad and son are in frame.

>doesn't deny the "shithole 3rd world country"
nice.

This world is a shithole.

ok, so what's the point? That their second child is dead? That they're having a guest over and are waiting for him?

Despite the fact that the daughter is dead, the son was sold, and the mother left as a result, the father still sets the table as if he has a family, when in reality all he's left with is some meager bread. It's a classic tragedy, with subtle undertones.

Attached: ecks dee.png (750x1110, 220K)