Raspberry pi?

What are you guys doing with your raspberry pi / pi knockoff?

I've been wanting to get one, to screw with, but I just can't come up with a real reason to get one.

Attached: 2.png (320x320, 113K)

Other urls found in this thread:

energia.nu
instructables.com/id/Re-purpose-Optical-Drive-With-RPi/
gogs.io/
youtube.com/watch?v=2v9K98RzbHI
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

poo in the loo

i've thought of the idea of buying like 20 of these and hooking up a speaker to each one so they can play a really loud dog whistle noise. I would leave each one plugged into an outlet in a public place and watch people get irritated by the constant noise

so far ive made a bartop arcade with one. A smart mirror and a surveillance camera for my shop.

literally browsing Jow Forums with a pi 2 right now
it's not fast in any capacity, but it works (the worst thing is actually the captcha taking like 5-15 seconds to verify)

Making a chat bot for my friends IRC server

Gaming on windows 10

Attached: Untitled.png (1280x1024, 383K)

>Gaming
>Raspberry Pi
Wut

Some people consider solitare as 'gaming'

I mean they can play emulators of SNES and things, but I don't know how well that would do it while pushing Windows as well

runs ps1 games silky smooth

Oh look, it's this thread again.

I don't have one, but the two things I would do with one if I had an RPI would be pi-hole and setting it up as a backup server.

>get MSP430, a cheap arduino knockoff
>try compiling arduino sketch for it
>it doesn't work because the interfaces are different
>discover that the knockoff just does not support that type of input
>get angrier and angrier
>start chipping off small smd components from that piece of crap for punishment
How has your day been Jow Forums?

Attached: Cannek.png (1144x772, 267K)

Pihole
Pi1541
Dreampi
SDR (multiple)

>not knowing about energia.nu

Attached: 1543818396712.jpg (1080x1080, 111K)

Doesn't support PIND from arduino

Pi-hole, firewall, LAMP stack doing nothing but serve up an intranet page for a few utilities, nightly backups and storage with some SAMBA, might set up an FTP site or mailserver.

Testing some software for a buddy that might end up included in Raspbian if it works well enough, he apparently knows the main rasbpi guy

Already got one as a small NAS with Emby & Radarr, now I'm planing to integrate one in to my laptop as in pic related
instructables.com/id/Re-purpose-Optical-Drive-With-RPi/

Attached: FKUKNF1JFUAHUUN.LARGE.jpg (1024x768, 62K)

I use my rpi3 with Kodi/Librelec as a media center. I put all my animu torrents on a spare wd hard drive, plug it into the pi and I'm good to go. It's nice cuz I can take it with me to share with other people, and it works offline and all I need is one power outlet and an HDMI port and I'm good to go.

Git repo, marina db server, tomcat with my webapp, headless torrent client, vpn, script that tests my internet speed every 20 min. All of that on 3 raspberries. Would like to install gitlab or something but these shits are way too heawy for what they do.

Do pic related.

Attached: FXQ0ZVZIRAW0L4W.LARGE.jpg (1024x576, 56K)

made myself a SKYcoin miner. See you on the moon, virgins

Attached: gib SKY pls.jpg (2100x1500, 240K)

>have to bend around like a retard to read CPU load
fucking genius

What is this?

Remote controlled dildo

Make it retractable, allowing it to use it without bending

Portable computer

i use mine as a retro arcade and AirPlay music receiver

>GitLab
You don't really need it if you already have a Git repo over SSH.

makes it easier to create new repos on git server, allows easier user management, allows users create their own repos instead of annoying me...
yah I need it.

Also issue tracking/documentation is good bonus that comes with it.

Then consider investing in better hardware, or try Gogs [1].

[1] gogs.io/

A backup server using rysnc to keep my uni related stuff backed up and safe

Attached: comfyAF.jpg (630x630, 35K)

Gogs/Gitea would be much more resource-efficient.

Yap. Intend to just build myself homserver. Riiight after amd releases cheap 7nm cpus so that it would eat less electricity and virtualize all that shit.
and yes I am torn between gitlabs gogs and gitorious. Gogs is written on go so I am really close on disqualifying it right away.

Yes gitea too. Forgot about that one.

I wanna make my own mp3 player so I cab put a huge battery in it and tons of storage

anyone knows if the rpi foundation does wholesale discounts, and what % are they per unit?

I'm using mine to power a Bluetooth speaker (more features planned, but acting as a bluetooth audio sink is the extent of what it does.)
It's funny SSHing into a speaker.

a reflective panel that require energy, expensive tech, and has delay is most certainly a dumb-mirror.

How would you do that?

>K120
>enclosure sticking out of the numpad slot

Attached: drake stallman.jpg (690x460, 186K)

> ps1
do you liek to play with pixels a lot?

thougt about getting one but ultimatelly got an old hp thinclient dirt cheap instead, so far it serves me well

Anyone use rtl_tcp on their pi? I tried with a pi zero but it was way too slow.

>RPi in K120
BASED.

Kodi with IPTV, did this so my parents could watch movies in the kitchen

>I mean they can play emulators of SNES

I can't emulate SNES games on mine it's the latest model btw - it's too slow...

been using it as a way to FTP my movies/tv/music to my media center

There is no God.

Attached: 1485555347328.jpg (747x754, 71K)

Who hurt you?

Attached: 1422072152148.png (239x258, 2K)

It doesn't run most N64 games smooth. Anything before it, otherwise, you don't even need active cooling.

Damn thing came pre-installed with some chink android bullshit and I can't get it off.

Ribbon connector and one of those push button latches. Push it once to eject it a bit and pull it out, push it in again to retract and lock it in place.

Which "thing"?

It's there a pi knock off with 8 gigs or sodimm?

Do we have GPU drivers yet?

You could get something like the Rockpro64 which comes with 4 gigs of memory and has pci-e that you could hook an nvme drive with a 4 gb swap for those times you need to fill up 8 gigs. But by the time you bought all that, you could have bought a 6th of 7th gen Intel NUC which would be x86 and more powerful than any SBC like a Pi or its many clones.

What are you doing that requires so much memory?

Why don't you use cheaper microcontollers on a PCB for this?

I hear music

Attached: music.jpg (1040x806, 128K)

I want to use Kodi/LibreELEC on something that can decode h265. I know the RPi can't do this, but I was wondering what can? Cheers

Yeah that's what I'm running but it eats ass if you try to decode x265. Honestly I reccomend just trying to get rips in x264 because it's just easier. Not worth it in my opinion especially since x265 is proprietary

this is by far the most retarded 2019 idea I've read here.

I turned mine into an NES/SNES gaming machine with retropie. Get yourself a pi with bluetooth and get an 8bitdo controller and youre golden. its so much fun.

I'm going to get one and a speaker module and make it play oblivion music on loop for all the conversations I have with my dumbass roommates
youtube.com/watch?v=2v9K98RzbHI

Use cmus instead

>portable computer

Attached: Micro_ordinateur_portable_le_PORTAL_de_R2E_CCMC.jpg (1632x920, 231K)

Ah that sucks, cheers. I'll try to stick to x264 then

ARM windows board when?

How come people want ARM Windows boards? One of the few major advantages Windows has is software compatibility and with ARM you would lose it all?

I wonder if you could just make a flip up or slide out mount for the screen then mount it so that it comes up above the F-keys. All the hardware and battery can be under the rear of the keyboard, which would lift it up at a slight angle like the feet of the keyboard would normally do.

Attached: 1551256664168a.jpg (1024x576, 178K)

I don't care so much about speed and I guess there'll be more and more software compiled for arm windows as time goes by.

I really like small arm boards, they're cool as fuck but linux is just too much of timewaster for me.

You could do this with a much cheaper platform

Make a PiHole, it's a good excuse.
It blocks a bunch of domains including most ads so you can block them without having to download and examine them first in your browser.

Otherwise they are just plain ol' dang ol' fun, get yourself a little LCD screen and have things you care about display on them, or make a little gameboy if you're that kind of person.

pi-hole and openVPN server. That's the best use I've found for it in the 5+ years that I've had it, although it's sometimes good for other little tinkering projects

Fuck off with your chink botnet shilling

Murmur server, wanted to use for selfhosted cloud but eh

>instruction set: x86

kek

>he doesn't just buy chinese arduino clones
dumbfuck

I would assume it isn't a camera feed that is displayed on a monitor, but a screen behind a mirror, so when turned off, it is just a mirror, but when turned on, shows interesting stuff.

Attached: 5tim3t0drva21.jpg (800x450, 34K)

Can I control it with my phone?
that it's the reason why I use vlc

It's obviously emulating, dumbass.

I don't have one (yet?) but if I did, I'd install GNU+Linux for a minimal PC that actually works. Maybe a second one as a fileserver.

Don't use it as a file server

Buy one and make a spider bot with it.

I stepped down to $10 Arduinos because a lot of telem work can be done with that for less than the $45 you spend getting an Rπ up and running.

Why?

Sure, but this would require a few custom made mounting pieces and I don't have 3D printer to do those.
Also I should mention the HDMI port is still accessible so I can connect an external monitor.
The whole thing is just PoC for me, and it's just collecting dust.
What I'm trying to do now is a seconed version, where I can still use K120 as regular keyboard, and maybe use RPi0 to save up space.

I don't have a 3D printer either. I make various things out of wood, plastic, or metal. I can even fire up a torch, melt some soda cans, and metal cast anything I can carve out of foam. Just some metal plates from a hardware store can be cut, drilled, and bent into whatever you need normally. But, if you are moving on to better things then so be it.

That seems like a really cool idea user.

>it's weird nobody seems to appreciate anything on this board.

Good luck.

Can an rpi work with downloading camera photos via USB to another USB storage device? I make it a point never to remove the card from the camera since it costs nearly as much as the camera and a new USB cord is like $12. I know some OSs seem to do well at recognizing a camera as just another storage device.

It will be slow as fuck due to the minimal specs and garbage interface (usb)

With mine I achieve an almost constant 10MB/s 24/7 from my headless Pi. It's a $35 device, you have to keep your expectations in check

I still can't get my digispark to work, what a pain in the ass

Just game with ARM instead of emulating

Play Xonotic or something

>pi0
Pi-hole
>pi1
Desktop replacement
>p2
Weather monitoring

usb bandwidth is shared with ethernet

Tried making a smart speaker with snips.
Turned into a massive pain in the ass. Snips does not play nice with anything other than their "maker" kits (there are work arounds but those just break more shit), and theres a lot of bullshit that could and should be done automatically but isn't. Seriously, setting a custom wake word really ought to be a snips assistant manager command, and consumer software shouldn't require writing additional programs to get it to work NORMALLY. Also all the skills are written in a depreciated version of python, so that's just great.