Best shell?

What's the best shell? Bash has so much I dont use I figured I'd switch. Does mksh have a vi mode or plugin equivalent?

Attached: 1200px-Shell_logo.svg.png (1200x1112, 86K)

P O W E R S H E L L

zsh
if you must use Wangblows cygwin is the only acceptable answer

I use fish. Just try it, the benefits are immediate above bash.

take the source of the reverse engineered version of the windows cmd shell from reactos and port it to gnu/linux

I've tried fish but it seeks really autistic how it tries to be unique from every other shell scripting (not that I shell script anyways)

It's honestly really similar, but when it's different, it makes more sense. Like how instead of having a special

Honestly I don't see why people don't use some lisp or else gforth as a shell.

I mean it has a read eval print loop that can do anything that c can do with full syntactic macros. You could write a kernel in the fucking thing. What is that comapred to zshell?

Attached: 1551120509552.jpg (2560x1920, 394K)

> What is that compared to zshell
Difficult to launch external programs which is what a shell is designed to do.

That's kinda the reason I dont want to use fish, having 2 separate shells installed seems extremely redundant imo...

Well, one shell is for interactive use and one is for scripts. The strength of fish isn't its superior syntax, it's the interactive features.

fish

it's not for scripting dummy
>nano script.sh
>bash script.sh
see?

You fucking dicks aren't convincing anyone to use your substandard rejected trash shells. There's a reason 99.9% of distros use bash.
Your strategy of attacking GNU/Linux one component at a time is fooling no one.
hurr systemd blah blah blah vi is too hard cli into the trash it goes hurr durr pulseaudio blah blah Xorg blah.
Just shut the fuck up, fuck off, and stop wasting precious space on this board.

I use cmder for windows

zedsh because it has a better vim mode (especially with plugins) and better file expansion. I also use it for autocd & case insensitive, better tab completion. Bash can pretty much do all this, but not as well.

Thanks for the bump, friend. I want to keep plugging fish: you can save environment variables interactively, without editing a file. You can edit the keybindings interactively and save the results without editing a file. It will autocomplete command arguments by parsing man files.

You're welcome. Hope you enjoyed the rant.

Attached: Screenshot_20190226_215307.png (921x592, 27K)

ohmyzsh is pretty neat

For anything production/portable I still stay with bash.

because disk space is scarce in 2019?
you already have both bash and sh
and you can also say that installing linux is redundant as well because windows is the standard...

if it's not good for production why even run it ?

That was a truly dreadful joke.

bump