I've always heard comments about how AMD "has no drivers" an while apparently some of their older cards were held back...

I've always heard comments about how AMD "has no drivers" an while apparently some of their older cards were held back in performance a bit by imperfect drivers, my software experience in updating from an RX 480 4gb to a GTX 1070 has been objectively worse.

Updating requires me to create and login to a fucking NVIDIA account, unless I want to go to their website and download each update manually (and I have NEVER gotten the auto-detect feature on their website to work, no matter what browser I used and with extensions disabled). Not only that but updating takes longer, the NVidia control panel looks like shit and I have to have 2 apps with several services running the background, where-as the AMD program has everything in one spot, no logging in. Also the actual update process takes several times as long.

NVidia may be beating AMD in their hardware offerings right now, but AMD sure is beating them in drivers/software and user experience.

On top of that, I've had several games crash, particularly Apex Legends, which never seemed to happen on my RX480. I'm starting to question whether the upgrade was worth the hassle.

Attached: 2019-02-26 23_04_36-GeForce Experience.png (1018x723, 759K)

I have an RTX 2080 and didn't experience anything like this.

>Updating requires me to create and login to a fucking NVIDIA account

Is the concept of giving them bullshit information entirely lost upon you people? LIke First Name Fuck You Last Name NoInfo?

>NVidia may be beating AMD in their hardware offerings right now, but AMD sure is beating them in drivers/software and user experience.

It's a fucking graphics card. I could care less about the interface and the experience. I need hardware that actually works and is not shit tier garbage.

The memes have switched. AMD now has housefire GPUs and Nvidia shitty drivers.

There is literally no reason to login, though. What if you had to login to a Microsoft Account to download and install Windows Updates. Or login to your Ubuntu Account before you could run apt-get update.

And yeah you can give them bogus info, you still have to go through the hassle of making a burner email account.

As for their "Shit teir garbage" my RX480 played every game I threw at it on full settings flawlessly for 2 years (also mined $800 in ETH). I only upgraded because the 1070 is 30/40% faster and I got one for a mere $200 locally.

Yeah, AMD needs to do what they did with RYZEN and re-do the architecture instead of just throwing clock speeds and memory bandwidth and hoping for the best. Polaris was decent mid range, but Vega and Radeon VII are power hogs for sure.

I got constant crashing in Apex Legends and one or 2 in CS:GO (which I NEVER experienced before) on my 1070 with driver 418.

I read online 417 was better for apex, and it did decrease the frequency of crashes, but they kept happening and I just upgraded to 419 hoping things are more stable now.

And going from excellent software to NVidia's 3 or 4 applications, requiring you to sign in, and the Control panel which looks like it would be on XP is jarring.

Attached: 0Xcwmqd7zmsXJaCPzgcBkeuvdWEDoryjTc9vwgocQZY.jpg (627x328, 50K)

It's funny how AMD really needs the best support it can get on Windows with their drivers and aren't really delivering in that, while catering massively to the Linux base with their contributions and support for the Mesa graphics stack. Not only is updating clean and easy, but performance is so vastly superior it's not even funny sometimes (barring DirectX for obvious external factor influence). I really hope the Adrenaline driver team gets the same boost their open source team is pushing for Mesa especially with putting more effort into Vulkan and actually giving a damn about OpenGL

Not trying to defend what Nvidia is doing here, because it is BS. But I'm pretty sure you can still update your drivers by just downloading them from nvidia's website and running the installer.

>Updating requires me to create and login to a fucking NVIDIA account
If you want automatic updates, yes. Otherwise, just use DDU and download the latest driver. Generally I upgrade every 6 months or so to the latest.
>the NVidia control panel looks like shit
Don't fix what ain't broken. You might whinge now, but people non-stop complain about the Reddit, YouTube and Steam Chat redesigns.
>several services running the background
Don't install GeForce Experience then, there's an option when you install the driver.
>AMD sure is beating them in drivers/software and user experience.
You deserve it for playing shit-tier games. (I've never had crashing on my GTX 1070).

OP is a retard.

They haven't. AMD still has shit drivers, and nvidia still just fucking works.
I just recently switched to nvidia, and every once in a while I see some asshole lying, so I go back to try my old amd GPU out, and get proven that you faggots are constantly lying about how "amd drivers are good now".

Jewed nvidia keeps their software closed while based AMD open sources everything so that we can all prosper

I experienced the same thing with a cousin's 1060
It felt like shit

From my experience in using both regularly, AMD's drivers have gotten better.
No idea what the fuck Nvidia are doing but anyone who genuinely thinks Nvidia's drivers function any better than AMD's don't know what they're talking about.
I've always done clean installs with DDU for both AMD and Nvidia and I've had more software issues with Nvidia than AMD. No idea why but that's my experience.

Buy a Quadro.

AMD drivers usually take a nosedive after their big yearly driver updates but they always come out better after they regain stability 3 months or so after. I just recently installed the 19.2.3 release on my Vega FE and it's kind of amazing they managed to squeeze APU drivers included too. Nvidia has been on shaky ground since the 4xx driver series for some reason on their older cards and I haven't needed to upgrade thankfully from 399 drivers on my Quadro M1200 (960M equivalent) on my work laptop for CUDA stuff.

>I'm starting to question whether the upgrade was worth the hassle.
not really
If I had an RX480 I wouldn't switch to a card slower than 1080Ti or 2080.

I went back to 399, life is great

Nvidia drivers are superior to AYYMD NO DRIVERS, stability reliability and performance

Don't listen to the AYYMDPOORFAGS lies that are experiencing severe buyer's remorse from buying inferior AYYMD HOUSEFIRES products with no drivers

418 is a mess
419 fixed all the crashing issues I had.

Switching to Borderless window made my game quite stable. 2 days without crashing now.

To add to OPs point I've watched some new game reviews online and almost every reviewer with Nvidia said that they had to juggle drivers to not get shit tier performance and crashes. Somehow though nobody seems to care.
Imagine the outcry if that happened on Radeon VII. The gamer retard double standard is amazing, I have friends with Nvidia constantly complain about stuttering, shadow play not working properly and system crashes.
Meanwhile I have a flawless experience with my Vega and Relive literally always just works.
My last Nvidia gpu was a 680 and it will stay that way for long.

KILL YOURSELF FAGGOT

Nvidia drivers are super stable and reliable, AYYMD can't even release a new driver for Raven Poo since 2017 until now

> unless I want to go to their website and download each update manually
That's how you do it on Windows, yes.

>installing anything but the driver and physx
If you're too retarded nvslimmer exists.

Take your pills you mentally ill faggot.

>he doesn't have literally infinite email addresses via wildcards on his own email server

>I'm starting to question whether the upgrade was worth the hassle.
It certainly wasn't, but never try to play anything in fullscreen on nvidia. Use borderless fullscreen or windowed mode. It will still crash but less often. Especially if you've got a 1070 with micron memory, those are never stable.