What went wrong?

What went wrong?

Attached: comscorepokemongo1.jpg (1000x562, 91K)

>oh cool, a free Nintendo thing. guess ill try it out.

Niantic is shit and was in the right place at the right time. Nintendo are lazy fucks who refuse to understand the MMO potential of the Pokémon franchise.

No trading, no battling, no trainer interaction. If I bump into somebody else playing this game in real life we should be able to interact more in the game.

I know these things were eventually added, but they were added far to late.

>Niantic is shit and was in the right place at the right time.
yeah basically this
niantic is so stupid slow to implement new worthwhile features that players wanted (trading, pvp battles etc.), the hype died quickly

FPBP

Go outside and catch pokemon idea turned into go to the mall or shopping center to catch pokemon and buy shit
Consumerism was a mistake

It's shit because it's not even a game and it's heavy as fuck and kills your battery in less than 3h. It became popular because it was shilled. The truth is people won't walk around to pointlessly grind in a cashgrab game.

It would have stayed up there if it was an actual game and not a data mining app written by a fucking ANALYTICS company.
Most people dropped it when they realized autistic losers were camping at their local gyms 24/7 and there was no actual gameplay.

I've actually met with people who still play this game to this day, they're all on the spectrum and also enjoy retarded timewasters like idle games.

>18-32 year old Millennials
>Millennials

Was this really needed? What else would someone between 18-32 years old be? A boomer? WW2 vets?

Millennial is an identity now.
>tfw 30 yo zoomer

Didn't they ban root?

How does comScore know they all identify as Millennials though? What if they identify as 30 year old raptor attack helicopters?

Nothing. They still have millions of monthly users and a lot of people enjoy it.

>18 years old
>millennial
18 years old means they were born after 2000, how are they "millennials"? The millennial generation will probably include people from 18 to 40 years old in 10 years time at this rate.

Actually, millennials born in 1980 are 39 years old now, so we are already there. Everyone is a millennial now

It was a new thing and people got bored. Also fearmongering and stupid people doing very, very stupid things.

>wrong
>still has 5m daily users
They're doing fine

Why the fuck wouldnt you put this on a log scale?

>daily uniques around 5 million for an Ingress reskin
>what went wrong
I don't see anything that went "wrong" for Niantic and Nintendo here.

We wanted Pokemon but with real world catching, not whatever this pseudo Pokemon shit is

This. Something equivalent to the main games. You go out, use a team, use a moveset and do it the old style. Fight trainers (other people).

Lack of content to keep up with the scatterbrain of modern pop culture. Look at shit like fortnite, they’re releasing “title updates” basically monthly to spice up their game and keep people engaged. It took Pokemon Go (to the polls) like 6 months to release 2nd gen or some shit