Since new ThinkPads are basically consumerist shit now...

Since new ThinkPads are basically consumerist shit now, is there any company left making solid business-class laptops with good serviceability and upgradeability?

Attached: thinkpad t70.jpg (1080x720, 102K)

Other urls found in this thread:

toshiba.de/discontinued-products/tecra-a10-13a/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

not really everything is actually cheap enough that you can buy a new laptop every 4 years for the price of repairs

does it really matter if everything past x200 has an unbotnetable cpu?

just keep your computer behind a packet sniffer like wireshark user

This is unironically the laptop I still use to this day.

Attached: 1549201320882.jpg (300x261, 14K)

Just get an elitebook from 2-3 years ago and you'll be set.

what is the screen resolution

if it were not for the badass new screens out right now I could use a 10 year old laptop as all i do is shitpost and watch movies

what ? you do realiyize thuiat thieieereee is the p seiriis laptoips ?

Dell Lattitudes maybe, or get a 51nb Chinkpad. Otherwise cling to your xx20, it's only downhill from here.

get a x230 a decent ssd 16gigs ram coorebot+me_cleaner x220 keyboard an ath9 wifi card and put a chink mod for 13.3 2k screen. if you have cash you can even send your mobo to the chinks and have a quadcore i7 soldered in.

1680x1050

Here is a link:
toshiba.de/discontinued-products/tecra-a10-13a/

Unfortunately one can't buy them anymore.

Genuinely don't know why I would even bother with laptops anymore. I have a decent desktop and most of my mobile computing can be done on my phone. Like right now, I'm shitposting on the toilet at uni while some autist taps his foot next to me. I couldn't do that on a laptop.

>what ? you do realiyize thuiat thieieereee is the p seiriis laptoips ?
Are you having a stroke?

Attached: 1533713564980.jpg (1052x789, 163K)

phone for waiting, laptop for bed, tower for desk.

I wish BlackBerry made laptops.

based pr0gramm Schwuchtel

>Client: "Sure, the mockup looks good, can we meet up in an cafe and show it to me a working prototype and discuss matter further?
>You: "ummmhhh, I don't have a laptop, can't you come to my house and look at it on my desktop computer"
>Client: *hangs*

Mac. Buy it already upgraded.

Dell's business-grade stuff is still pretty solid, last I checked.

Yeah, Latitudes still have removable RAM and wifi card. I'd stay away from their XPS lines though.

Are thinkpads a meme or are they legit actually good/useful?

peak thinkpads was xx30 series, if you want newer machhine i'd suggest elitebook maybe?

Lenovo T480 is still upgradeable

Get a Eurocom. They're beastly and fully modular.
Dell precision is also neat

>tissues
Never understood this meme, just lie on your back and cum into your mouth

Attached: 1532520319697.jpg (940x626, 393K)

even has a clit mouse

Jow Forums has jobs now?

>not turning your penis and cumming in your ass

T480 is still true to its roots.

upgradeability is a meme in laptops with the exception of being able to add/swap out RAM and storage. You're still far too restricted with the choice in components due to the form factor that it's better just to get a decent laptop every some odd years or so.

Why does this board care so much about it?

Those T70s are very great,sadly i can trust the chineses with my money

when you get used to a machine it's easier and cheaper to just upgrade components than buying a new machine (and getting used to that)

You mean T470. T480 has no docking connector and no easily swappable battery.

Do you seriously think the botnet is that stupid

what's this?

>Implying companies don't give you the tools that you need, like a fucking laptop to use in meetings with clients.

>T480 has no docking connector and no easily swappable battery.
It has a easily swappable battery though. Or is 2 clips to undo too much for you?

Also, the new docking port is there. It's just not at the bottom.

which chink should I contact to solder my cpu ?

Disgusting.
Just masturbate with your dick pointing south. It's a bit hard to get used to, but once you have, it's not only more pleasurable, but comfy when doing this