>Requesting purchase advice
pastebin.com/fYZLW7Ub

>Jow Forums headphone wiki
wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php?title=Headphones

Previous thread : >no shilling

Attached: h.jpg (750x1250, 194K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=AdzHBpxZWVM
amazon.com/dp/B01D5H8KO2/ref=sr_1_3?keywords=rca 3.5mm&qid=1551349000&s=gateway&sr=8-3
electricbike-blog.com/2017/06/02/what-a-good-idea-long-term-lithium-pack-storage-without-incurring-non-recoverable-losses/
youtu.be/lKBQ_owhTSw
youtu.be/72WxCSwBjl0
youtu.be/c2LwxnjAQT8
dropbox.com/s/61srehjyaltd7w0/Stax SR-009S.pdf?dl=0
dropbox.com/s/dm0m6u3s3b4zqzl/Sennheiser HD600.pdf?dl=0
i.imgur.com/W7hz3rh.png
aes.org/e-lib/browse.cfm?elib=17441
mega.nz/#F!3MFm1DrD!4GlU_vNtEeF148kZcQ05wA
i.imgur.com/Dru4gzZ.png
youtube.com/watch?v=Bf38cKJ6NBc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

stax

Anyone replying below is big gay

this thread is for real headphones conversations, not phony 60s bakelite

buy stax

destkop pc good enough for 55 ohms, 104 dB/V or should i get an amp? i don't know these things.

You can run 80 ohms from integrated without issues but I'd still advice people to just pay 100 shekels for some decent all in one.

thanks for the info.
dunno where i'd look for an amp, finding real shitty info about them in my country and the ones I could find are like $400+, seems a tad much considering my headphones aren't even close.

Good op

Buying a DAC/amp locally is pretty dumb for most people, best bargains are from amazon and aliexpress usually. Look into some of the Fiio's dac/amps or for example Topping's MX3.

What headphones would you buy if you only have $100 dollars?

Sennheiser HD 559.

Getting a Hifiman Ananda tomorrow, what are some good songs to test soundstage?

youtube.com/watch?v=AdzHBpxZWVM

what about closed back?

m40x

>/a/
Unironically the last place I would go to to talk about anime. A moderntard stronghold, maybe moderately better than reddit, but that's like damning with faint praise. Now go back to your sataniaposting, worm.

buy stax

Thanks, anything more modern? Like things that were recorded on modern digital equipment?

>no bass

any recommendations for wireless earbuds $50 or under?

stax

tfw /esg/ has more replies than /hpg/
even waifu user and idol trash moved >.>

Do I need a headphone stand or can I just leave my headphones on my desk.

Thinking about getting an iDSD Nano black edition or an Aune X1S as a gift for someone, along with a pair fo Fostex T50-rps. Would either of these have enough power to drive them considerably well?

Hey /hpg/,

I am searching for a pair of bluetooth headphones for my girlfriend. She doesn't really care for the best possible sound, but they need to be comfortable and not have this annoying static noise that many hp in this pricerange have.

>Budget: up to 50€
>Location: Germany
>Source: Phone/ old Macbook
>Type of headphone: full sized
>Open or closed: closed I guess?
>Comfort level: up there
>Sound signature: don't care
>Past headphones: free airplane headphones

I bought a Fiio E10K amp for my hd6xx and can't notice a big difference between my onboard audio and the amp.
Am I just retarded?

Attached: 20180914_064954.jpg (750x802, 252K)

I need "gaming" (not really, just need a microphone attached together) with decent or as good as possible sound, open/closed doesn't matter, need to be good fit for everything as it will be the only headphones I'll use. Up to $300 max.

rip hpg 2013 or something - 2019

I'll take the supposedly "dead" thread that has very little noise against signal ratio over a thread which grows by a hundrend post per hour all spamming retarded stax memes.
And good riddance to Idol Fag.
Now go back to your containment thread.

It's just furniture. You either want it for looks or don't. No 'need'.
get the atom instead
the "annoying static" is more due to your source than the headphone. Headphones don't inherently have static. But sensitive headphones will pick up on your headphone jack noise if the dac is exposed to noise.
Closed headphones are a shitshow at low prices, I don't have anything lower than 70 eur to recommend, put some more effort and try Takstar Pro 82.
There is no difference if your onboard dac isn't affected by a serious issue like noise or lack of output power. You've made your first step toward discovering the truth about audiofools.
Sennheiser Game One. It's based on the HD5 headphones, you won't find anything better headset wise.

If your onboard audio isn't fucked because of bad engineering or broken parts you won't notice a difference. DACs are a complete meme, the only difference between them is only visible in measurements. You get a DAC/amp because of peace of mind of it working with your future system and the amplifier itself. Pure DACs that cost hundreds of dollars are retarded and if they color the sound it means they are actually broken.

I've got the JDS Labs Atom Headphone Amplifier, it only comes with a power plug. Do I need to buy a 3.5inch to 3.5 inch jack to connect it to my pc?

Attached: 1546644201342.jpg (2560x1440, 888K)

You need a 3.5mm to RCA.
amazon.com/dp/B01D5H8KO2/ref=sr_1_3?keywords=rca 3.5mm&qid=1551349000&s=gateway&sr=8-3

Attached: 61ROBWLbnBL._SL1191_.jpg (1191x1191, 87K)

I've got an RCA to RCA to connect my atom to a DAC. How would it work?

Attached: 1539022391343.png (1500x1500, 1.78M)

I just got my ATH-M50xBT and am utterly surprised at how good they are in relation to the regular M50x despite being bluetooth. Did I get memed?

Well, if you're happy...

another victim of normie shilling

Stax?

What’s the best looking pair of open headphones under 600€?
I need new ones to listen to Kpop, 2000-era Trance, Happy Hardcore and early Nightcore (guilty pleasure).

Attached: 171D15C0-08FE-462D-8240-3FDFBCDC8CA4.jpg (480x600, 52K)

Attached: 1529104626989.png (1280x720, 1.67M)

What's your previous headphone experience? Is there something you liked in particular?
There's a preference element tied to how you'd like a pair and if you're ready to sink a decent amount of money you shouldn't go buy blind recos.
From the genres you list though, I don't think you'd like anything treble heavy.

I found Beyer really ear-rapey with high pitched vocal music.

but thats the music you listen are like

if you're
Then I can safely say the HD600 would make you happy.

The hd600 are boring muddy sounding headphones. I have it with me and wouldn't recommend unless you listen to piano music or classical.

On second thought user, let's have an OP war. I'll make new threads in yours and there's absolutely nothing you can do about it. You couldn't just keep to yourself could you? You had to gatekeep not one but two threads.

:^)

I rarely use in-ears but it's so annoying having to untangle the cable each time so I'm thinking of getting a pair of wireless in-ears such as the Jabra Elite or whatever Samsung calls their new S10 buds. Anyway, all of the true wireless sets are charged from the charging box and I was just wondering how the headphones themselves but also the charging case hold their charge if left unused for a while.
can you charge them up and expect full battery life after a month on inactivity?

Attached: serveimage.png (243x207, 8K)

It's like any device with lithium ion batteries. Have you never left something else like an old cell phone that you replaced or a laptop turned off for more than a month?
It's going to lose some charge, but not to the point of reaching 0.

electricbike-blog.com/2017/06/02/what-a-good-idea-long-term-lithium-pack-storage-without-incurring-non-recoverable-losses/
For very long term storage of something that is almost never used, the batteries should also be left at around 50%. They degrade slower than at full charge. They still lose a charge while at half charge, but it's not dramatic, and they should be checked from time to time to be charged back up to 50% in case they lose too much.

Yeah, as long that DAC has RCA outputs...

Stop haphazardly shoving that cable into your pocket. No tangling anymore.

Where are the feet?

Man... I mean it should be obvious but I'll dia your photo to help. Provided the DAC has RCA like says. Else you'll still need 3.5mm to RCA.

Attached: inout.jpg (2560x1440, 993K)

I have a pair of DT990 Pros that I got as a gift 3 or 4 years ago.
that‘s not me
DT990 Pro. But can‘t really say what I like or don‘t like about them, idk enough about that kind of stuff. They are pretty good. But I thought people here might suggest me something better, so I can test a couple of headphones and pick the one I like most.
I listen to this kind of shit for example:
youtu.be/lKBQ_owhTSw
youtu.be/72WxCSwBjl0
youtu.be/c2LwxnjAQT8
Otherwise I just listen to old trance and kpop mostly, occasionally nightcore.
Just rec me something that will sound good with this kind of music please.

Attached: 74D1B89B-8F67-4D8E-A378-5785F5A88E2B.gif (300x385, 3.92M)

Thanks, sounds like they'll hold their charge nicely.
Even if it was perfectly stored it's still annoying having the cable run through your t-shirt, into the pocket of your jacket etc.

Redpill on STAX for newbies: STAX is an old Jap company with outdated tech that was considered high end back in the 1960s and 1970s but sounds like ass by today's standards, so they went nearly bankrupt. They were purchased by a Chinese company for just a million dollars who decided to market STAX to the audiophool "more expensive is better" demographic who buys those crappy $3000 vinyl players, they shill heavily on HeadFi and here on /hpg/, plus they pay Zeos to shill their crap just like Fostex does.

>In December 2011, Chinese loudspeaker manufacturer Edifier announced the acquisition of 100% equity in Stax

Oratory has measured the highest end STAX, the SR-009S.

dropbox.com/s/61srehjyaltd7w0/Stax SR-009S.pdf?dl=0

dropbox.com/s/dm0m6u3s3b4zqzl/Sennheiser HD600.pdf?dl=0

It's worse than the HD600. HD600 scored 92 and SR-009S scored 76.

Recently Rtings rated STAX across various dimension, it's worse in terms of sound than mid-priced offerings from Hifiman and Audeze, and only got a 7.7 rating.

i.imgur.com/W7hz3rh.png

In a separate study:

>The very highest end STAX ($4000 SR-009) was rated lower in blind tests than a $200 K701

aes.org/e-lib/browse.cfm?elib=17441

Download the PDF of the study at: mega.nz/#F!3MFm1DrD!4GlU_vNtEeF148kZcQ05wA

Oratory (respected sound engineer) on the build:

i.imgur.com/Dru4gzZ.png

Even best Stax headphones sound objectively worse than mid-fi. This is why they don't demo them in store, they rely on the internet to create a sense of mystique around STAX and shill it as the endgame because its expensive, Asian, rare and obscure. In reality its no bass sounding garbage, with shrill highs that appeal only to near-deaf boomers. And what they say is true, they have no soundstage.

To add insult to overpriced injury, they have shitty plastic build quality that you would expect on cheap chinkshit headphones:

youtube.com/watch?v=Bf38cKJ6NBc

Attached: 1546498796183.png (1027x1369, 784K)

If you find them good then I guess you really don't mind the hot treble which is a bit much with your genres.
Other headphones will sound dramatically different outside of the 1990 which aren't a clear improvement in anything other than build quality.
If you have a shop where you can try other headphones, try the HD 600, Sundara, K712.
Mind you, don't have too many expectations, they may sounding better for you if when compared you end up preferring something with less treble but there's no magical audio revelation to be had in the range.
You want something that sounds good with your kind of music but this is a subjective hobby. I'd argue bright headphones like 990 are unlistenable with things like kpop but you found them okay, so I dunno.

t. triggered nostax incel.

Attached: staxloli.png (871x883, 887K)

Stop.

buystax

>Stop.
Stop what?

Attached: 85980BDD5EAA46C38CC6B68D8C2A8304.png (540x540, 224K)

sniff my feet

thanks, still waiting for my topping d30 and optical cable to come in next week. Until then i can't use the atom.

buy stax

I'm thinking about getting one of these for my phone. Anyone have other recommadions?
Also will type-C have different audio from 3.5mm?

Attached: original-xiaomi-mi-anc-ear-earphones-hybrid-type-c-mic-line-control.jpg (489x493, 21K)

Hay.

I'm relatively new to the thread.
I have been using the ATH-m30x's for over a year and a half now and am looking for some new headphones.

I like the sound profile overall but i tend to listen to music that is a bit base heavy and the left speaker on my m30's always rattled just a bit when shit got heavier.

Probably more of an RMA issue than a problem with the sound profile.

I'm looking for something in the $130 price range similar to the m30x that can handle a bit more base.

>Over ear
>closed if possible
> Daily driver | medium - high comfort level
> Bassy or V shaped
> M30x previous]

Attached: allislost.jpg (500x365, 27K)

Do I need a sound card to use good headphones?

Depends on what headphones.

I want to hear people on pubg

Where can you get STAX serviced in the US?

what kind of servicing

you dont since stax never break down :)))

who else loving life right about how?

Attached: IMG_20190227_192052.jpg (2592x1944, 1.41M)

>Even if it was perfectly stored it's still annoying having the cable run through your t-shirt, into the pocket of your jacket etc.
Is this the state of the youth today? all these zoomers.

BUY BENCHMARK
You're not whiiiiiiiite

Attached: 1527057539348.jpg (912x707, 132K)

Does anyone else use DT770 for gaming? I think they sound terrible compared to my gaming headset. No soundstage, no depth to the audio.

Me

Attached: JPEG_20190225_232712.jpg (4032x3024, 3.4M)

Try pad swapping, dekoni TH900 and dekoni x00 pads worked well, especially the latter, on my dt1770

My DT770 just arrived holy shit the detail what the fuck man

Well it's closed. Closed headphones struggle with soundstage and imaging.

Open is better for gaming although even HD 600 can manage to fuck that up and have narrow soundstage. I tried DT 1770 and found the soundstage to be a little on the more intimate side. Imaging was meh to me in comparison to 990s and 1990s. I think you should look at open instead. I tried a few dekoni pads on my 990 and it basically ruined the sound to me imo...

First impressions?

DT770 is fantastic.

Buy DT 990 600 ohm.

Attached: Untitled.jpg (888x1061, 233K)

How is it even possible to ruin the 990, it's hideously awful as it is.

best sub + pair of bookshelfs + amp for $300?
i might try going to goodwill for the speakers

Speakers don't begin sounding good until $1000+

Yeah, I mean the detail when listening to music is superb, but when playing FPS games or racing games I feel like I lose out on a lot of the oomph and area feeling my gaming headset gives me.
For now I just use the 770 to listen to and produce music, just sad that I can't shelf the headset for good.

dekoni hybrid pads were terrible on them. The mids were so recessed maybe muffled and distant. I didn't like it at all. I find the DT 990 pretty decent for its price. Decent bass, adequate soundstage, pinpoint imaging, mids are slightly recessed by honestly doesn't bother me, treble isn't annoying to me at all especially since I don't listen to loud volume although I can still understand how people see these as sharp/crisp in the highs, though it doesn't bother me in comparison to HD 600 and other sennheiser headphones I feel like it has more life in my music and gaming.

define (((good)))
im assuming higher transparency?
i dont mind the lack thereof. i already have a pair of HD600s

What headset are you using?

Plantronics RIG 800HD.

Dekoni TH900 sheepskins brought the mids forward and the awful treble spike down a couple dB on the 1770s. Auditory masking on beyers is a huge problem on a lot of music, it feels like the treble spike is just eating all the detail in the other ranges and the recessed midrange absolutely does not help.

Huh. I would assume that might be on par with it. Maybe the dolby atmos that comes with it actually helps.

Not him, but what exactly is imaging?

So soundstage is basically how wide your headphone appears. Imaging is basically how accurate that singer or that enemy position is in that soundstage. My previous headphone HD 595 can do like maybe 10-15% larger soundstage but the imaging is worse on it in comparison to DT 990 I would say the larger the soundstage the harder it is to maintain as equally good imaging.

Although there are still headphones out there that can do both amazingly well, the best headphone for these categories is the HD 800.