Why would anyone use this? Imagine choosing to have reduced functionality of your desktop like no screenshots...

Why would anyone use this? Imagine choosing to have reduced functionality of your desktop like no screenshots , more lag and stuttering in day to day use and not being able to use most of your programs. xorg isn't perfect but Wayland is garbage.

Attached: 1024px-Wayland_Logo.svg.png (1024x1024, 55K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Zsz7Shbnb9c
youtube.com/watch?v=GWQh_DmDLKQ&t=35s
swaywm.org/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

gfy desu

ok.

Attached: ok.png (491x327, 17K)

the thing about wayland is that it's garbage by design
imagine having to reimplement the display server every time you wanna write a new wm and no standardization whatsoever
since every compositor is different, you can't have a single keybind daemon for example that works across all of them
it's complete and utter garbage and it will never be widely adopted
xorg will never die until an improved xorg-like solution comes about
wayland is a colossal pile of rancid nigger turds

X is absolute, unadulterated, pure fucking garbage, and I wholeheartedly welcome the advent of Wayland, or literally any other display server/protocol that comes along and takes X to the fucking gallows once and for all.

The model as a whole is extremely outdated, visibly inefficient, insecure, and it such a fucking mess of spaghetti code and extensions and life support that only a few people on the planet still understand how to actually maintain it. Their opinion on X? "Kill it with fire, please."

For a group of people that love to lambaste Windows users for having "babyduck syndrome", I've never seen more babyducks when it comes to the retards peddling the "x-xorg just werks" shit and spreading dumbfuck FUD about Wayland. (Of course, in all fairness, it doesn't help when all the distros out there wanted to be the first kids on the block to use Wayland and started pushing it out before it was 100% ready, leading to the average retarded joe to swear off of it.)

Similarly, for a group of people that jerk themselves off over software minimalism, there sure are a lot of people that love to suck the bloated dick of X. The same people who cry "Systemd does way too much for an init system!" seem to have no problem with all of the shit a display server shouldn't be doing, and they're too fucking retarded to understand that the Wayland protocol will eventually/has already gotten standardized extensions/addons for the sorts of shit they're bitching about (for instance, screensharing is now implemented under Pipewire, which on a side note, will kill another cancer, PA, eventually)

Simply put, and in simple user terms--X is responsible for a lot of the jankiness of the Linux desktop (as you'd expect of a display server that's been kept on life support for 30 years), and when Wayland is eventually adopted, it'll go a LONG way towards bringing Linux to the fucking 21st century.

youtube.com/watch?v=Zsz7Shbnb9c

X11 is meant to be a window server and drawing protocol (draw rectangle here, text here, ext.)
THATS what was network transparent.
But over time it's just devolved into a clunky system for copying framebuffers between clients and the compositor

The idea was:
X server (GUI terminal) X client (running on Mainframe)

As you can tell, this dates back to a time where your GUI was just a simple front end for all the intense computation happening on the mainframe.

Also when X11 was made, shared libraries were borked, so it also worked to save RAM; since having all your drawing code on the X server kept it from being duplicated in each application.

But don't take my word for it, here's one of the X devs:
youtube.com/watch?v=GWQh_DmDLKQ&t=35s

>X is absolute, unadulterated, pure fucking garbage
this may be true, but wayland is infinitely worse

is it tho?

nvm figured it out

>no screenshots
Not true
>more lag and stuttering
Not true
>not being able to use most of your programs
Not even close to true. There's fucking xwayland.

t. coping nvidiot

Screenshots work fine on GNOME (color picker for the whole screen is still WIP). Input stalls are because shell's architecture is garbage, but it works fine on Weston

come home, white man
swaywm.org/

Attached: logo.png (554x229, 18K)

You don't need to reimplement the display server, use wlroots, it does that for you

>keybindings
The way Xorg did it is a security hole. Come up with a way to do it that isn't broken, then write the code and upstream the patches, then maybe we'll be able to have this feature

>using shitty pajeet libs

>tfw used sway since the wlc days
It's amazing how far this thing has gone.

>literally every main developer is a white male
>pajeet libs

>using shitty soiboi libs
even worse

Why did you niggers clone i3 , the shittest window manager there is out of all the fucking window managers?

to be fair you have to be highly intelligent to use i3

>white manly men oozing testosterone in code form
>söi

>sway devs
>not soi

I3 is a retarded wm for nu-males and retards.
Thiking white men use DWM and xmonad and not your pajeet tier trash

Attached: Screenshot_20190228-023840_Chrome.jpg (1077x673, 240K)

weebs and i3 go hand in hand, hate them all you want but they actually get shit done, see mpv

>nu-male is too dumb to configure i3
>this somehow proves i3 is for nu-males

X was literally designed for displaying terminals connected to a mainframe. It's NOT meant to be used in a desktop OS. Wayland was created by ex- X devs who couldn't stand trying to maintain it anymore. NOBODY likes programming graphics via X.

It's a typical i3 user / rice kiddie.

Exactly my point.

>X
more like schmecks
ahahahahahaha

>tfw you fell for the nvidia meme
It's not fair bros