Anonymous

Surely with how sanitized and standardized tech is companies could decide on a standard layout for the front panel connectors

Attached: cancer.jpg (478x277, 24K)

Honestly this was the hardest part of building my PC.

They have and you posted a picture of it

Hell, it would be nice if they'd at least consistently label the fucking board.

So true.

/Thread

Some motherboards come with that little plastic thingy that you can insert them all into first.

The deluxe ASUS motherboards will give you a junction piece let's you prefit them onto it, then it just attaches in one piece, with the extra money

Attached: 06_01_1.jpg (529x279, 33K)

Gigabyte did this first

it comes with a fucking book that shows you where to plug everything in

>bah bah looking at a pinout diagram and plugging stuff is too hard

This is why everyone makes fun of gamers. Literal 8 year old kids have no problem doing the same with Raspberry Pis.

No shit, but it adds an extra step to look up and requires you to keep track of the book. How hard is it to just silkscreen some labels on?

When did you realize you were retarded?

I've never seen a consumer mobo that didn't label them on the board. I've built dozens of computers.
The only one you really need is the power switch anyway, and if you really can't figure it out, you can short the pins with the board off, then when it turns on you know you found the reset or power, then repeat that and deduce which is the power switch.

Generally a manufacturer will be consistent across their own boards though, so if somehow it's not labeled, you have no manual, AND you can find the schematic (which I doubt unless you stole a proprietary motherboard not meant for sale) then you can compare it to another similar motherboard and probably figure it out. Also, you won't blow anything up by trying an led on the pins... If you're intelligent (which youre not) you can use a multimeter to find which pin does what

Asus has owned 49% of Gigabyte for a very long time.

>Dupont connectors on some wires
>calling this a "standard"
Retard

Attached: 1431978440358.jpg (510x476, 26K)

it tho, retard

The biggest question is why don't manufacturers bundle the connector together so you could set this up outside the case and not sticking your hand in there like a fucking retard trying to guess where goes what

Imagine being such a fucking retarded crybaby in a 2k!9

After fucking around 20 each day on custom and server build for few months you can do it easily.

>source: my ass

It's a pleb filter

Some motherboard manufacturers do this.

I know some do this, you usually get this stuff on high end motherboards. I'm saying this 3 cents worth of plastics connector should be included with even the cheapest boards.

it's just easy to get wrong the first time, but rarely catastrophic if you do.
I think there's more hazard to static electricity (esp if you live in a cold, dry place, with carpeting), or ruining the LGA pins.

Attached: f1n92-static2.jpg (600x421, 87K)

Its just a unecessary step when we have every other header with standardized connectors.
Its honestly not too big a deal but something it'd be nice to not deal with.

Consumer computers are a joke in the first place. If you know why things are the way they are, you'd have a huge laugh.