When will the png meme die??

when will the png meme die??

Attached: 9XcgmFI.png (2518x1024, 894K)

Other urls found in this thread:

bleepingcomputer.com/news/microsoft/microsoft-is-adding-avif-image-support-to-windows-10/
microsoft.com/en-us/p/av1-video-extension-beta/9mvzqvxjbq9v
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

after you

webp already replaces BOTH

Why did the oatmeal turn into such a fucking douchebag?

Why?

And AVIF replaces WebP.

Maybe in 5-10 years. Encoding AV1 still takes thousands of more resources to outperform hevc so until that shit gets sorted out I doubt we'll see widespread use of AVIF anytime soon.

>virgin mp4
>chad mkv

>AVIF
who?

It's not that bad to encode a single frame, aka an image.

>he says while posting a PNG
Yikes.

It is when you have to wait 1 fucking hour instead of just 10 seconds.

>Maybe in 5-10 years
Nope, mainstream support still this year (Firefox is adding it too)
bleepingcomputer.com/news/microsoft/microsoft-is-adding-avif-image-support-to-windows-10/
WebP died even before it became a thing. Sorry, not sorry.

Forgot one link:
microsoft.com/en-us/p/av1-video-extension-beta/9mvzqvxjbq9v

You can add all the support you want but if it takes 1 hour to encode a single image you won't see widespread adoption anytime soon. I believe in avif as well but this shit takes time man, webp was absolutely awful a few years ago with no good params to optimize for real life photos vs cartoons or anything in between but now places like ebay, youtube, facebook, and so many more websites now use it natively. Some of these websites actually won't even render on apple web browsers.

There is no FLIF plugin for Paint.net?

I'm an svg man myself

>xml image format
It's bad enough that vector images need a renderer, why make it worse by storing your data in a text format, needlessly wasting space and requiring an xml parser?

IIRC, AVIF is just HEIF carrying images encoded with AV1 rather than HEIC/HEVC/H.265; should be trivial to support both tech-wise; patent-wise, maybe not so much

I'm waiting for the TIFF/JPEG2000 meme

it's essential for the meme you dense faggot

FLIF replaces both of them as well as gif

Good ending: FLIF and/or AVIF gradually take over.
Normal ending: Firefox adopting WebP causes WebP to literally win the Internet.

If WebPs take you 10 seconds to create and AVIFs 1 hour, I suggest you upgrade your Amiga.

FLIF is very slow, takes 2 minutes to trancode a 7.71 PNG file.
WEBP only takes 1-2 second.

based, png a shit

When webp is supported by crapple.

JPEGs are good for shit that doesn't matter, but if you are uploading, say, art, you want that upload to be lossless, not lossy. There's nothing worse than downloading a wallpaper only to find out it's a highly compressed jpeg and has artefacts all over the fucking place that makes the image look many times worse when blown up to original size.

>lossless
Become a patron and join $10 tier now, sir.

>implying an existing patron hasn't uploaded it already and I can get it somewhere else

Funny because that image is a PNG.

I remember when I was 9 years old doing pretty decent pixel art in Paint and ruining my work because I saved it in JPG. Have hated it forever since then.

Not on 4channel

Wow. I didn't think someone could be this dumb like you.

>takes 1 hour to encode a single image
You can write all damage control you want, but you won't have any [citation needed] on that. Ever.

256 color BMP is king.

first time i hear about avif. hows it compare to flif?