Why exactly is Ryzen so ABYSMAL at gaming?

In the image, you can see that the Ryzen 1600 is bottlenecking the fuck out of a puny GTX 1060 yet all you hear from people online is: "You can pair an RTX 2080 Ti with a Ryzen! You'll be fine, don't worry! No bottlenecks at all!"

The usual response to the abominable gaming performance is that clockspeeds are not there. But even when Intel CPUs are clocked lower, they still blow AMD out of the water. Is there too much latency with the infinity fabric? Even with 3200MHz CL14 Samsung B-die RAM, Ryzen is still piss poor at gaming.

Attached: Ryzen Extreme Bottleneck.png (2560x1440, 3.95M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=q64mURWe5oI
youtube.com/watch?v=aZjOx3iimr8
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1NbRvsAdPMmY8yez3PNf3hgOtz_lv17kM8zacPfIhnXA
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Nice blog, where do I subscribe?[spoiler][/spoiler]

If the CPU is bottlenecking the GPU why is the GPU under 98% load?
Nice job cherrypicking a single frame from a video.

PUBG is poorly optimized garbage, that's why. come on man

there's more to using a PC than just playing games all day. finish your work and then goof off. if you don't have any work then get some

GPU load figures are misleading. Even if both were at 99%, you can be sure that the Intel CPU is allowing the GPU to spit out more frames.

Cope.

Attached: 1488479465293.png (882x758, 316K)

AYYMD HOUSEFIRES Rypoo is garbage and always will be garbage

What idiot buys a Ryzen for gaming? Anyone with a functioning brain knows that the Ryzen 2700X is on par with the i3-7350K in terms of gaming.

Attached: image-1797.jpg (1280x720, 69K)

>All of the low core utilisation
It's obviously the game's fault there, you dumbass.

It's not a bottleneck, it's a threading issue. Look at the percentages, utilization and such.

I wouldn't be surprised if Intel is pulling a Nvidia and greasing dev pockets behind the scenes, and or Win's microcode for the AMD CPU and load/thread balancing is fucked up.

Could be memory subsystem too, though.

>first gen r5
Try a second gen Ryzen 5 or Ryzen 7.

You AMDrones will blame anything under the sun except for AMD. Just face it, AMD is incompetent as fuck and run by Pajeets.

I'll probably sound like I'm defending AMD by saying this but I'm not. Using PUBG for measurements is fucking laughable. That is one of the worst optimized games in recent years. It's really, really bad.

>half the cores barely being used
surely its the cpu fault not the shitty game

Now run this with Vega 56

>try second gen Ryzen
As if that would make a fucking difference. Wait for Zen 2, everyone. Maybe, just maybe AMD won't release bottleneck tier CPUs this time.

Attached: Ryzen Bottleneck.png (2560x1440, 3.51M)

Holy fuck I dodged a bullet when I chose the 9700K over Ryzen. I almost fell for the Ryzen meme.

>Buy a dimmable light
>Run it at 10%
>"THIS LIGHT IS SO SHIT, WHY ISN'T IT BRIGHTER?"

AMDrones BFTO.

Why do people defend this shit?

Attached: cartman-angry_zps7a15de0a.jpg (350x318, 13K)

ryzen is outperformed by intel
>lmao that game is unoptimized garbage
ryzen is on par with intel or has a slight lead
>LOOOL INTEL IS FINISHED WHY WOULD ANYONE BUY INTEL

Lmao take your non-shilling post somewhere else this is shillin/g/ BAKA

Anything over 60 FPS is not necessary except for the most dedicated of NEETs. Not only does Ryzen get you to 60 cheaper, it gives you stronger performance in real workloads like encoding, streaming, encryption, etc. If you only care about gaymes, by all means buy an Intel processor. But Ryzen is the better overall package for almost everyone else.

B󠀀 A󠀀 S󠀀 E󠀀 D󠀀 A󠀀 N󠀀 D󠀀 R󠀀 E󠀀 D󠀀 P󠀀 I󠀀 L󠀀 L󠀀 E󠀀 D󠀀
A󠀀
S󠀀
E󠀀
D󠀀

A󠀀
N󠀀
D󠀀

R󠀀
E󠀀
D󠀀
P󠀀
I󠀀
L󠀀
L󠀀
E󠀀
D󠀀

>What is IPC
>What are clock speeds
>What is multi-threaded utilization

Please kill yourself.

>ryzen turns your 2080ti into 2070
Seems fast just enough to fully utilize R VII

Attached: 1367844949727.jpg (1200x677, 278K)

>benchtesting with PUBG
how about you use a completed product to test rather than some expensive beta

"Ryzen gets you to 60 FPS"
>dips to 56 FPS when the GPU usage is at 74%

Wew lad.

Attached: image.jpg (1136x640, 141K)

>far cry

Well i've found the problem.

Because they intentionally limit how much cpu cores they use.
Also why the fuck are they using 4 sticks of ram

>whatisVRR.exe

Yep, everyone wants to bench-test on broken and unfinished products.

I wonder why they are too scared to post actual bench-marking results?

AMDrones will blame anything but AMD lmao. Cope harder, AMDjeet.

Attached: 52652-full.png (1024x768, 188K)

>100% cpu load on the intel

hmmm

Attached: 9600kvs2600XACO.png (1298x927, 1.83M)

Why wont you post a benchmark with a completed product?

>ryzen sucks

Attached: 2600TunedTimings.png (1297x901, 591K)

Nvidia driver team is good at making the workload multi threaded where AMD gpus use a hardware controller like async to spread workload more efficiently. Nvidia uses your cpu as the hardware (realistically a soft ware scheduler).

>vega sucks

Attached: BlackCops4.png (1309x954, 119K)

>tfw Ryzen can only compete with the i3-7100 and i3-7350K

Attached: JSPqQENb5AWX7fZjTWzbuS-650-80.png (600x800, 177K)

So where are the shitposts about how bad the Ryzen 2000 series is?

probably compiled with intel compiler.

and intel is not run by pajeets?

>showing results if shitty unoptimized piece of shit games
I mean come the fuck on, I don't even have amd and your cherry picking is annoying me.

it's okay when AMD makes housefires but bad bad bad when Nvidia does it

Attached: ASUS-ROG-STRIX-Radeon-RX-Vega-64_Power_1.png (630x281, 37K)

Radeon sucks too

Attached: 1550846503985.png (500x254, 21K)

For all of ubisoft's faults they have a seriously threaded engine and are almost single handedily responsible for the death of the quadcore for gaming with the recent assassin's creed games.

>more intel meme shill thread
Jesus christ, do intel shills hate competition that much?

Attached: wintel-btfod.png (1215x675, 341K)

AMD BTFO
NVIDIA FLAWLESS VICTORY

Attached: 1512385657701.jpg (1397x1180, 595K)

Remember: performance per watt never mattered until I told you it fucking does you stupid goyim.

Attached: old man huang.jpg (475x324, 23K)

>cherry picking

Yikes

>have to OC and change ram timings to be relevant

lmao why does AMD even live with such a garbage product

Because you have like 15 tabs open with their own spam bots.

"It doesn't matter if it draws 200W more power and dumps a boat load of heat into your case! Power consumption doesn't matter! Buy AMD, goyim!"

I thought Ryzen was supposed to be good at multitasking because muh threads.

PUBG absolutely hates Ryzen CPUs
Right now, the i5 8400 is pretty good at gaming (as good or better than the R5 2600, depending on the situation), and you'll have the option to upgrade to an i7 (or i9) somewhere down the line. But with the new consoles using Ryzen APUs, there's no doubt that the Ryzen line will become better utilized in multiplat titles, just like the Radeon GPUs are became better than their Nvidia counterparts in most big multiplats like BF5. Radeon had historically been undersupported, and still is in PC first titles like PUBG.

Attached: PUBG CPU utilization.png (1920x1080, 665K)

disable the first 4 cores and it will run way better

nvidia shills in full force today huh

Attached: 1544989814656.png (914x678, 191K)

>PUBG
>PC gaming
>Strawman

Yep, don't even have to open the thread, I can smell the Intel shills from here

>leaving out 3c/3t CPUs

Attached: 200px-AMD_Athlon_II_X3_logo.png (200x236, 22K)

Seething AMDpoojeet

They don't even make the b-die anymore.
I hope zen 2 fixes all this memory bullshit.

>another /v/ retard that doesn't even know what bottlenecking means

it wont, they will increase cache size but wont make L4 Cache that Ryzen desperately needs. or make L3 connected to every core.

I really hope you're full of shit. If you're right, then Zen 2 is going to be Another Massive Disappointment.

theyre probably running the 1600x at stock clocks everyone who owns one has atleast a 600mhz oc

Overclocking Ryzen doesn't do shit to help gaming performance since Ryzen can't overclock worth a shit. First gen hits a wall of 4GHz and second gen hits a wall of 4.2GHz.

>NOOOO ANONS I SWEAR I DONT CHERRY PICK
meanwhile
youtube.com/watch?v=q64mURWe5oI

most of the time is at around 10 to 15 fps

Manually overclocked Ryzen also becomes very power hungry and hot. The built in dynamic clock adjustment works fine, far better idea to mess with RAM to improve Ryzen performance due to the infinity fabric.

>10 to 15 fps
You're a fucking brainlet. More like 10 to 50. Ryzen is jumping all over the place in that video.

Absolute retards.

This and the Ryzen on the right runs cooler and doesn't cost nearly as much. Also, why give a single flying fucking fucking fuck if two of the most unoptomized piles of shit are still running at 60fps+?

is this 1080p?
Because it honestly doesn't start mattering at higher resolutions. I'm about to grab a 2700x and at least I have an upgrade path.
Maybe more cores will matter one day for gaming.
For now I'll just get an nvidia gpu to go along with it.

Did blueass downgrade graphics even more? Yikes. That's totally not the game I preordered.

>what is a 144Hz monitor

Attached: 16e.jpg (903x960, 52K)

>This and the Ryzen on the right runs cooler
>8400 39C
>1600x 45C

Attached: 1368793353992.jpg (500x240, 15K)

>I'm about to grab a 2700x
Wait for Zen 2 or enjoy your bottleneck.

very low settings

I'm running a 955 right now. I plan on grabbing a zen 2 once it comes out and giving the 2700x to a friend

a wall of 4ghz is still an 800mhz bump pretty sure that'd be quite a difference
it really depends on luck tonnes of people managed to get 3.7-3.8 ghz on the stock voltage

>giving the 2700x to a friend
You must be a really shitty friend. Giving someone a 2700X is like giving someone a cactus and telling them to shove it up their ass. Just look at

Better than him having nothing? Not everybody is rich and can afford to upgrade every new generation of cpus.

It’s because amd open sources all their software but nvidia jews don’t

>intel compiler
Hold on a second, the intel compiler is still a major thing? I thought people started moving away from it after that one article, where a software compiled with it almost doubled performance when they faked a Genuine Intel ID (it was a VIA cpu IIRC?)

Attached: 10937399ecba071fe55abddebac4d774.jpg (1024x768, 63K)

Also again, What resolution is that even at? It doesn't specify. Most games don't give a shit about cores still. I agree intel is better in single thread performance but they are also twice as expensive for the same amount of cores.
I'm preparing for 5 years from now when a gpu thats worth a shit from either side is capable of running 4k 60fps with pretty much any game.

tfw still game at 60hz at 1920x1200
It's all I need Jow Forumsbro.

Attached: 1551261448468.png (879x582, 94K)

>a wall of 4ghz is still an 800mhz bump pretty sure that'd be quite a difference
You'd actually be surprised how little of an impact overclocking a Ryzen 1600 to 4GHz has. Watch this 6 minute video if you're interested.

youtube.com/watch?v=aZjOx3iimr8

I mean the GPU does.

>what is a 144Hz monitor
Something that virtually no one uses?

Wow, it sure is /v/ in here

>Not everybody is rich and can afford to upgrade every new generation of cpus.
You wouldn't have to upgrade all the damn time if you just went with Intel. You know how long the i7-8700K will last before it starts bottlenecking? The 8700K won't be bottlenecking GPUs for years to come. And the 2700X on launch was already bottlenecking GPUs that were already out. Shame on AMD. Hopefully Zen 2 fixes this.

Nigga, I've spent almost a decade running a 955 with no problem. Only recent games have been a problem due to lack of instruction sets.

In the pic it is at 1080p. At 1440p it still bottlenecks a bit and at 4K it doesn't matter.

>no one uses 144Hz monitors!
Spotted the refresh ratelet. What a mega brainlet.

trying very hard to fit in, I see

>955
Phenom II was actually competitive with Core 2. When I said to buy Intel I meant from 2011 up until now. FX was literally AIDS and Ryzen is competitive in every area other than gaming.

>docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1NbRvsAdPMmY8yez3PNf3hgOtz_lv17kM8zacPfIhnXA
just checking in for a quick reminder

Attached: 1442819006355.jpg (837x734, 36K)

To the last bit about ryzen, exactly. I'm not looking for just a gaming cpu. I want it to actually be able to do other shit when needed.
Pros and Cons I guess. That is why I mentioned at least I have an upgrade path going with zen+ instead of 14nm++++

that video is OPs video check the date its literally months before the ryzen patch got introduced

>If you have a golden reviewer sample chip, you can compete.

Stop breeding false hope for people to go get a 2600(nonX) now and get that perf

wtf i hate ryzen now?

Is that picture real?