Why are there no good web browsers?

Why are there no good web browsers?

Attached: Smart.jpg (600x481, 44K)

Other urls found in this thread:

beakerbrowser.com
spyware.neocities.org/guides/firefox.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

E-Links, GNU IceCat, w3m, Dillo, Surf. These are good.

Those are all shit tier meme browsers, and most of them break the web, that's not "good"

How do they break the web?

Most of those are text based browsers which obviously break the web, stuff like Surf is just a web browser without any features on its own basically and probably breaks sites and GNU IceCat out of the box blocks most web technologies thus breaking the web, if you choose to disable these add-ons you loose any advantage IceCat has thus making it just Firefox ESR but somehow more shit

Because they're free so you have to settle with "good enough"

That's not "good" then is it? It's worse than other FOSS browsers too, why would you ever use them? There is no actual good browser

As far as shit tier meme browsers go, gngr is swag.

Attached: gngr.png (1049x740, 120K)

>Why are there no good web browsers?
wow, its like you haven't even tried beaker browser yet!

beakerbrowser.com
use beaker browser, the only browser with native dat:// protocol support

$0.50 has been added to your PayPal

I tried it a while ago and liked the .dat support but it didn't support browser add-ons, does it now?

Nerunner. Jow Forumsā€˜s own browser.

>Being secure
>Having JavaScript and third-party domain requests enabled
Choose one and only one retard. IceCat is good because it offers these features baked in. If you want some shitty browser that doesn't "break the web" and is still secure it doesn't exist and never will.

Is there a dat://ass?

Fucking retard, you can't use the modern internet with Java Script disabled, most sites absolutely require it to use, I get you're a retard who doesn't need to do things but most people aren't

Which website do you browse that requires JavaScript, and then ask yourself if there is an equivalent desktop application available which performs the same functions.

You can have JavaScript enabled on a per-domain or per-page basis, which I do myself when I'm visiting a site supplied by someone I trust, or for instance when I browse Jow Forums where I use 4chanX, because I already know I just need to have tracking filters and third-party requests blocked for me to use it securely.

because webshites require JS, and cucked browsers run that shit

Most sites do not require you to have JavaScript enabled to use them. Just admit you're a retarded monkey who can't into security and are too lazy/stupid to do it.

If you like Firefox, but don't like the botnet aspects of it, you can apparently remove tracking and calling home by editing the user.js file for your profile. It allows you to change hidden settings not normally alterable in Firefox.
I admit that I'm no expert on this and would appreciate your opinions.

Sadly not, it's still missing a lot of basic features like copying text and changing your start page or search engine.

All browsers are made by degenerate faggots. The same is true for operating systems. We need replacements in both categories.

Because Web 2.0 is absolute cancer.

Try Opera.

I have, I don't really like the UI but that's just me being Autistic, other than that it's pretty solid

Google Chome
>le botnet
>le nasa
>le satellites
>le NSA
>le CIA
>le

Because nobody is willing to fix the main issue: hmtl/XML is the worst document format anyone could come up with and instead of fixing it, millions of hours have been spent on throwing solution on top of solution until it sort of works.

Just in case I wasn't clear: EVERYONE IN WEB DEVELOPMENT IS RETARDED!
They don't have any concept of professionalism, they can't produce anything meaningful and the entire internet is shit because we are running on a demo that should never have seen production.

Why is XML a bad document format? Are you just saying this out of spite or do you actually have some sort of reasonable argument to back up your claim?

Vivaldi?

Jews don't want us to have one

It's possible, the Jews make millions from there being loads of shitty browsers

pretty sure using a weird browser is same as using LTSC it increases the chance of some one at Microsoft manually looking over ya logs or flagging or judging you.

I do want to stop using gmail thou.. but not sure what to switch too.

>gngr
This actually looks quite good. Java is almost as good as Rust in practical terms and much easier to learn/write/attract contributors. Smart choices made here!

ProtonMail, Tutanota, or pay for Startmail.
Also, remember that corporations such as Google and Microsoft still scan email you send to Gmail or live addresses. Maybe try and convince others to use more privacy friendly email providers as well.

one of the fears I have of using them mail providers I think bit sits like steam/amazon/Instagram/facebook actually some how send a msg to ya email and check if you have a phone linked with it.

no proof but ya. I have a feeling sites don't let you sign up with a email that's too "free"

> implying the web needs anything more than text

>not mentioning uzbl and surf

firefox for android beta.
To me chrome lags more. snapdragon 801.
fennec is on f-droid.

I love that when you type something to address bar you can choose which search engine to use. youtube, ddg, google, twitter, wikipedia...
You get quick access to bookmarks when you activate address bar if you remove default home page from settings.

You can use ProtonMail and Tutanota for free. You can try them out and see how you like them. Even if there is some form of internet-giants-cartel which compromises your email privacy in the way you described, using a privacy friendly email provider is miles better than handing your data over instantly.

ya but if big companies reject that email and want you with a Microsoft or google or apple one with ya phone linked what's the point?

I don't care about people reading my emails I just care about every thing being linked and transactions and shit being tracked.

because the internet sucks.

Ungoogled chromium, it's not perfect but much better than these other browsers / botnets for me. The reason there's no good browsers is because the people behind it, and their actual motivations. Obvious what googles/microsofts motivation is, mozillas is the same they just lie about it. Webshits seem to have no morals/ethics.

>All browsers are made by degenerate faggots. The same is true for operating systems. We need replacements in both categories.
Sounds like some pest control would be more affective long term.

>ya but if big companies reject that email and want you with a Microsoft or google or apple one with ya phone linked what's the point?
Well, in my experience email addresses are only rejected when they are from a known temporary email domain. My email address has never been rejected when signing up for anything.

>I don't care about people reading my emails I just care about every thing being linked and transactions and shit being tracked.
These are basically the same, since companies reading your email doesn't come down to employees reading all your emails. It comes down to your emails being automatically scanned to make a profile on you connecting all your transactions (through order confirmations), accounts on websites, other email addresses, etc., etc., etc. All information that is mailed to a certain address can be automatically analysed and combined.

Tl;dr: just try ProtonMail and see how you like it.

looks like OP lives in a parallel universe where Pale Moon isn't a thing

Step 1: Download stock Firefox
Step 2: Follow this guide: spyware.neocities.org/guides/firefox.html

There, now you have a good browser.

The correct answer is to use multiple browsers. I use two regularly, sometimes a third.

Firefox is malware.

web 2.0 was fine before it became mobile internet and social media went mainstream

There are, but the web is having gross growing pains. The big 5 are requiring the browsers to bolt on so many unnecessary features. It's getting close to the right time to switch to a fresh stack, but it's going to be painful for most people. A browser is going to take the form of a lisp machine with a incredibly minimal rendering engine that compiles to itself.

>fIrEfoX iS mAleWaREEE

>Ungoogled chromium, it's not perfect but much better than these other browsers / botnets for me.
I just downloaded this a minute ago and it's only been a pain in the ass for me so far.
>Windows wouldn't let me set it as a default program
>find some .bat file for chrlauncher and edit a line so it sets ungoogled-chromium as default browser and it works
>ungoogled-chromium still asks me if I want to set it as the default browser everytime I open it
>installing extensions is a pain the in ass
Honestly considering giving myself up to the botnet because firefox runs like fucking ass for the websites I use and it's constantly leaking memory.

literally who of browsers

qutebrowser is the fucking best shit ever