/spg/ - Smartphone General

Redmi Note 7 Pro Edition
>Snapdragon 675
>48MP Sony IMX586 sensor
>4000mah
>USB-C, IR Blaster, 3.5mm port
>4GB/64GB, 6GB/128GB
>starts around $200

If requesting purchasing advice, please provide your country and what carrier you will be using it with, along with wanted features, budget and size.

Good Resources:
>Reviews, Specs, Comparisons
gsmarena.com
phonearena.com
kimovil.com

>Frequency Checker
willmyphonework.net
frequencycheck.com
kimovil.com/en/frequency-checker

>Chinkphone news
gizchina.com
gizmochina.com

>Visual Phone Size Comparison
phonearena.com/phones/size

>Recommended Chinkphones
pastebin.com/sQbs83pY

>Post a Mini-Review of your Smartphone
>Discuss upcoming and current models
>Ask for help related to phones
>Tell us how much shekels you spent on good/bad phone

Previous thread

Attached: Redmi-Note-7_-1-768x777.png (768x777, 104K)

Other urls found in this thread:

forum.xda-developers.com/mi-max-3/themes/google-camera-mod-t3827356
youtu.be/G8J7lCAs38w
kimovil.com/en/where-to-buy-xiaomi-mi-max-2
forum.xda-developers.com/apps/magisk/port-aptx-aptxhd-oreo-8-0-update-jan-t3731151
amazon.com/Motorola-XT1710-06-Factory-Unlocked-Warranty/dp/B073SBYMK7/
slickdeals.net/f/12850942-android-one-moto-x4-64-gb-149-google-fi
ebay.com/itm/New-Verizon-LG-V30-VS996/233132191142
rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https://www.ebay.com/ulk/itm/254094066129
gsmarena.com/sony_xperia_10-9353.php
forum.xda-developers.com/g6-play/how-to/guide-twrp-root-magisk-t3848384
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Is Pie worth getting on an S8+? New Android releases are always riddled with bugs but it's been out for a while now and I assume they've at least dealt with the most serious issues. My phone keeps pestering me about the update but I'm still on the fence as to whether I should update or not.

Attached: serveimage(8).jpg (275x183, 12K)

is there a better calling app than the stock Android app?

hey Jow Forumsentleman, quick question...
I just bought a Mi Max 3 and I am in the process of unlocking the device to root it...
It's ok if I just root it without installing a custom room?
I don't care about it since i am going to use nova launcher, and I want root access mainly for AdAway, Greenify, and GrabityBox...

for what purpose specifically?
there are some, on the play store that are more "visually appealing" if you will, but they end up doing the same thing...

>It's ok if I just root it without installing a custom room?
Hopefully it is for Camera2api to function at least, but check XDA. MIUI often had issues with supporting it. That's a really big reason for using a custom ROM along with getting rid of MIUI's telemetry.

to make calls, specifically, flash calls. Trying to win tickets to an exclusive show some radio station is putting out for my wife as an anniversary gift.

>Hopefully it is for Camera2api
what's that?

forum.xda-developers.com/mi-max-3/themes/google-camera-mod-t3827356

probably no then...
I was thinking about an app that I tried years ago called dontremember.me or something, but as I said it was just more pretty colors, than useful functionality...
It had Facebook integration, so it would find your contacts on facebook and grab the info from there: profile picture, address, email, etc...
so, your contact list would look really cool and updated, but no calling functionality better than the regular one...
>anyone has any idea of the app I'm talking about?
now that I think about it , i would like to try it againg, to see how is it...

This might not be the best thread for it but I didn't want to make an entire new thread for it.

Are there any good apps on Android worth paying for? I have like 3.50 in Google store money and I'm more than likely never going to use it. There must be a few good/great . 99-1.99 apps worth purchasing.

Nova Launcher Prime when it's on sale (it's $.99 every now and then), if ricing is your thing

holly fuck, awesome results there!!!
yet another reason to root...
thanks bro.

Well I'm not sure if you can just flash a zip and stay on MIUI for it to work or if you need a custom ROM. Just read that thread and watch YouTube instruction videos before doing anything.

youtu.be/G8J7lCAs38w
xiaomibros...

How does one choose between 4GB and 6GB memory?
Is 4GB always flawlesly sufficient for non gaymers?
I know that my current phone has too little ram and regularly discards information such as data in open apps / tabs to save ram.

Xiaomi Redmi Note 7 Pro
Glass back, fug. Does the pro version also have a plastic frame like the non-pro?
All phones with a modern qualcomm chip should really support GALILEO and aptX HD / Low latency. Annoying chinkshit...
How annoying is having rounded corners on your screen? Seems like wasted space that could have been used to position a bottom speaker.
Sure the Sony camera sounds cool but it's probably oversharp AF like on the xperias. It probably needs an 3rd sensor like the other bigbois.

What are some reasonable features that you gents are waiting for? Gorilla 6 (seems like a decent upgrade)?

Hows the Xiaomi MIUI 10 interface?
I'm suddenly hesitant to get a new phone until Android 10 (which will bring full dark interface for all settings and features) because recent updates to my friends smartphones have done some windows 10 inconsistent shit where half of the interface is now ugly blue/black while much of the rest is still white.

Well, it's only available in China at this point, so it's not really that much of a concern. Hopefully the Redmi Note 7 Pro has better construction along the sides of the device.

ditto.

>I know that my current phone has too little ram and regularly discards information such as data in open apps / tabs to save ram.
Just don't go below 4 GB for future proofing. If a 6 GB variant of a particular phone doesn't cost like $200 more, then go for it.
>Does the pro version also have a plastic frame like the non-pro?
It just got released earlier today. Give it some time.
>All phones with a modern qualcomm chip should really support GALILEO and aptX HD / Low latency. Annoying chinkshit...
Leave Bluetooth audio in the garbage where it belongs.

5g budget phones when
i feel like if i buy a phone now it will become obsolete after 2 years because of 5g adoption

>features
google caller ID searching as seen on Pixel
hopefully coming to all android

I’ve got dns66 and still get ads in apps and spotify. Non-rooted OP6T

I don't have a choice regarding "bluetooth audio garbage", my noise cancelling headphones come soon and although they have a 3.5mm, I can't be covered in wires. The aptX Low latency makes video calling and viewing, actually bearable.

are Motorola still bros? My Moto G2 (4G) still does almost everything that I need and only the battery is very slightly worse than when new.

Hisilicon vs Qualcomm??

How does the Oneplus 6 compare to the Galaxy S10? I'm put off the S10 knowing EU gets a gimped version compared to the US. And the Oneplus 7 is around the corner I imagine which I could just wait for.

>Qualcomm
Without a doubt. It's unmatched in battery performance.

Hisilicon is owned by Huawei (who're currently enjoying an ass disaster)

USA, TMOBILE AND TRACFONE
NEED DECENT SPECS
UNLOCKED
NEED TO BUY 2 SO MAX BUDGET IS 500 COMBINED
HELP ME

Any recommendations for an upgrade from an S7 Edge for around $400?

Would really prefer if it was compatible with Verizon, T-Mobile, and ATT as I tend to change around the 3 frequently.

Otherwise, a big screen, root-able, replaceable parts, good camera, etc. would be good.

Was recommended the Mi Mix 2s which looks pretty good so far, but any other recommendations?

From leddit
" My Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 Global can see the european Galileo satellite constellation after MIUI 10 "
But the limitation might be a choice to use a cheaper GPS chip that I don't think is integrated onto the snapdragon SoC.

Why do fuckers put glass on the back of a phone?

>TRACFONE
>Literally TRACK PHONE
WTF is wrong with you, mutts? Open your fucking eyes

Moto X4 $150 ($200 for 4GB/64GB)

"""wireless""" charging

WHAT THE ACTUAL FUCK
WHERE IS ALL MY XIAOMI MI MAX 2
I JUST TO BUY ANOTHER ONE
FUCKING CHINKS

Unlocked LG G7 is on sale for $430

What's new with the galaxy s10? Should I buy it?

kimovil.com/en/where-to-buy-xiaomi-mi-max-2

that ones my gf cause of the safelink wireless

When are rounded corners going away? とても醜いですよ

Where?

Does it not function when using a metal backed case?

Yo I'm back. Qualcomm 675 should include aptX HD but Xiaomi has to pay for the license.
Have hopes for enabling that shit via Magisk
forum.xda-developers.com/apps/magisk/port-aptx-aptxhd-oreo-8-0-update-jan-t3731151

Sorry, nowhere anymore, the sale ended.

GeminiPDA/Cosmo communicator can be ordered with dvorak layout, not sure about fxtec pro1

I only use AliExpress
What?
It's safer and easier with glass

Looking for some phone with good LineageOS support to replace my damaged S7. Is S10 "okay" option?

Always loved the phone app on my Xperias.
what does that even mean

Still looking for help. I’ve got a oneplus 6t and want to block ads for apps and spotify and such. I cant seem to get dns66 to block anything.

you have to root it...
then xposed, then AdAway...

CHINKED

5G yay or nay?

I couldn't find any info in XDA, its interface its a little confusing to me...
does anybody know if I can root my Mi Max 3 without changing the room...
I just want AdAway, Greenify, GrabityBox...

btw, I'm on MIUI Global 10.2 | Stable 10.2.1.0(OEDMIFK)
I don't know if its relevant...

Have you tried Blockada?

i imei repaired my snapdragon phone

Attached: 1543815605911.jpg (400x399, 24K)

>does anybody know if I can root my Mi Max 3 without changing the room...
But I already told you that you can. That camera improvement thing called camera2api might require to root and change your ROM. That's what I was talking about.

>I only use AliExpress
no Mi Max 2 for you then

>good LineageOS support
>S10
no

did you actually enable any filter lists?

ho, I didn't understand you there...
awesome, thanks bro!!!
yeah, I actually don't care about the camera, Im ugly anyway...
>mfw
If i read it correctly on that XDA thread, it only requires root, it doesn't say anything about custom rooms...
Thanks again...

Attached: 648.png (412x351, 74K)

What's the best upcoming foldable phone?
Samsung, Xiaomi, or the Razr?

Fuck chinks

I got a Lumia 550 today as a temporary phone and I gotta say that going for a small phone feels good. Being able to truly use the device one handed is really convinent. The device itself is pretty barebones though, only 1GB of RAM and only 8GB of storage. And btw I'm not a handlet. I am a penislet. But my hands are actually huge. Still enjoy this smaller device.

Attached: 1541160729245.jpg (450x450, 27K)

is there any phone with comparable specs and good community support but without the fuckugly notch?

None of them are.

Attached: ohnonono.png (1920x1080, 1.75M)

hi niggers is it possible to root my phone? I haven't rooted a phone for a long time and I'm confused with looking up instructions for this particular model.

Moto G6 Play
Android Version: 8.0.0
Kernel: 3.18.71-perf-g2208afe
Build #: OCPS27.91-62-13

Attached: 85774470.jpg (640x799, 82K)

Redmi Note 5 or Asus ZenFone Max Pro M1

Note 8 finally got the update in my country. It's nice that they finally added a dark mode, but it's annoying af that half the Google apps don't have a dark theme, including motherfucking gmail and maps.
Shit like this annoys me more than it should.

I took a look at the list for think phones and I wanna know for the 3rd tier what you guys recommend. Max I'm willing to spend is around 250

USA, TMobile but switch a lot and that doesn't suck with specs and is somewhat current not too old. Android and good support

yes

MUH DICK it's the perfect phone.
Thank you chink overlords.
**except for the notch but one can hide it**

How many of you cunts already pre-ordered/got or a planning to buy a s10?

I preordered the 512gb model S10 (non+)

Also has to have good coverage with all the carriers

here user
amazon.com/Motorola-XT1710-06-Factory-Unlocked-Warranty/dp/B073SBYMK7/

i want cheap upgrade from Pixel XL
requirements:
-equal or higher PPI than Pixel XL
-werk w/ Verizon
-equal or better battery life than Pixel XL
-better screen:body ratio than Pixel XL

Samsung is the new apple. Huawei is the new Samsung. Apple is the new Ericsson.
Xiaomi just wins.

how cheap?

cheapest phone that meets all those requirements

You can get the 4GB/64GB Moto X4 for $149 through Google Fi. Activation on Google Fi is required but there's no minimum activation period so you can immediately cancel after activating and only pay $20. The phone's unlocked so you can use it on any carrier aftewards.
slickdeals.net/f/12850942-android-one-moto-x4-64-gb-149-google-fi

ebay.com/itm/New-Verizon-LG-V30-VS996/233132191142

I see a lot of people saying the x4, is that still good to use for the age? I was looking at this too rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https://www.ebay.com/ulk/itm/254094066129

Am I better off with the x4 cause I need two

Can you point me to some info?

Attached: 1546904004977.jpg (622x486, 61K)

gsmarena.com/sony_xperia_10-9353.php
>Be Sony
>Design the best phone shape on the current market
>Put 2017 specs inside it
>charge midrange price

Attached: sony-xperia-10-.jpg (513x680, 48K)

>2870mAh

it's recommended mainly because it's cheap and works on all the major US carriers. It's still got pretty decent specs and it's Android Pie, the latest android version. An older flagship like the Galaxy S7 should also be fine, specs-wise it's better actually than the Moto X4.

>[playtime ends]

Attached: fxtecpro1.jpg (4593x3625, 1.17M)

from the build number I assume it's the XT1922-9 AT&T/Cricket/Retail version so you should be just able to follow this guide:
forum.xda-developers.com/g6-play/how-to/guide-twrp-root-magisk-t3848384

I don't know if this is the best place to ask, but what the fuck is going on with my phone? 2 and an half hours watching videos drains as much as 45min shitposting?
What the actual fuck?

Attached: Screenshot_20190228-173403_Settings.png (717x347, 31K)

0 reason to buy this above a Zenfone Max Pro M1.

Are we back to early 2000s?

Does the S10 even have official Lineage yet?
Either way, S10s with Snapdragons have locked bootloaders so you'll be forced to use Exyshit if you want to do whatever you want with your phone.

it's not a flip phone

Nokia made that shit two decades ago, zoomie.

sorry for not having one of those back when I had a pocket pc

It was fun as long as it lasted.

Attached: nokia_n900_nappaimisto_auki.jpg (470x350, 25K)

M1 doesn't support 5ghz wifi if that matters to you

I hate these fucking bending tests because it's just some guy using an arbitrary amount of force to a phone

>omg if I apply a shitton of force to this thing it breaks, fucking useless