Took them long enough to realize

took them long enough to realize

Attached: Untitled.png (657x569, 214K)

Should start at 15, at the least.

It was never about having a tech literate population for them, it was always about having cheap programmers.

Unfortunately that didn't work because not everyone can program.

You mean "fortunately". Nobody wants cheap, shit programmers, not even these cheap labor lobbyists.

>"For example, I would be much more inclined to teach data science or computational thinking than to teach a very specific technique of today."

I guess he is right, but on the other hand he is a fucking EU bureaucrat... When did bureaucrats get anything right? If they did, communism would still be a thing.

I meant "unfortunately for them".
And yes, I think they really want that.

But no matter what they do - forced teaching in school, cheap subhumans, investing gorillions into better development tools - the requirements for writing modern software raise much faster than the rate of availability of qualified developers.

This. Whenever there's a field lacking a suffucient workforce, or there's a new emerging field, the media and famous people they shill out will say, "we need more x." Programmers, dentists, farmers, etc.

Waste of time because they'll just outsource it anyway.

I think it's gay to think kids shouldn't be taught to program if they're at all interested.
My dad taught me super basic algebra in kindergarten and guess what I turned out to be especially good at math throughout school

>if they're interested
99% of kids won't be.

The "teach everyone to code" meme was started by big tech to drive down wages, it was never good advice.

It's the current year. Anyone who has an inkling of an interest in programming is able to. It's not the 90s where a machine worth having cost 900 bucks. You can find a good enough PC for like a tenner at a Goodwill that will let you program just fine.
The retards who are pushing the "every kid needs to program" need to realize that programming in and of itself a tool. Pablo the forklift driver doesn't need to know what a pointer is, and a programmer doesn't need to know how to drive a forklift. And it isn't like math or algebra where it's akin to using a hammer and a drill, either.

i think the problem with children learning is that they learn to be taught to learn, when they should be learning that they learn to learn. children (and adults) think they need teachers and schools and thousand dollar universities and educations just to do something, when all you really need is an interest.
children may not need to learn to code, but they do need to know how to learn properly.

I would hope that the programmers who are working on making autonomous forklifts know how to drive & operate them at least.

I'm the type of person who is constantly looking up how stuff works or how to do / fix things. It bothers me to no end when people say shit like, "omg you're so smart, I can't believe you know how to do [insert whatever it is that I'm doing at the moment]". Bitch I wasn't born knowing how to do this shit, I just spent 30 minutes reading forum posts and watched a YouTube video.

while i agree with that, i think language is the only kind of knowledge that needs to be taught among other people, even in school.
You could go and live the language by going to a country that speaks it but thats just generally more expensive.

Yeah the retards in my pen test class and really all my classes.
The retards say stuff like wow you'll get a job fast why are you even in this class you know everything.
No niggers I'm just not retarded and use Google to find things I don't know and read a chapter ahead of the lectures so I can actually get something out of them.
Pic is from my car I'm fixing to go into my pen testing class where they are struggling to use Metasploit which is literally designed so brainlets can hak

Attached: 20190228_120110-01.jpg (2268x4032, 2.49M)

Cute humblebrag. No one cares.

I'm going to class unprepared today, next chapter has us brute force and mssql instance and I didn't bring one with me so class will be a fucking waste of time today. Will report back if it's a clusterfuck which it will be

>I didn't bring one with me so class will be a fucking waste of time today
hmm i wonder whose fault that is
seeing as you're from gallatin that kinda explains a few things though ;^)

>Anyone who has an inkling of an interest in programming is able to.
That's not true. Many kids are growing up on iPads and other platforms with no real development tools.

>You can find a good enough PC for like a tenner at a Goodwill that will let you program just fine.
It's not enough to give them a cheap Raspberry Pi. You need a machine that's actually fun to play with.

Careful. With an ego as inflated as that, it will certainly burst at some point. I know from experience, and I'm still a shallow and emotionless void.

You can find used laptops for like $50 that can stream / play movies and surf the web just fine. That's more than capable and "fun" enough to learn to program on.

t. larping fat nigger lmao

>>I didn't bring one with me so class will be a fucking waste of time today
>hmm i wonder whose fault that is
>seeing as you're from gallatin that kinda explains a few things though ;^)
This guy pen test

Fixing to go get drunker lol
Class was a wash we didn't do shit

programming is a tool not a lifestyle. Just like writing and plumbing.

Fuck off, the populace should remain ignorant, so I can charge top dollar for IT "consulting".

Obviously. Why teach when you can just import them?

> plumbing not a lifestyle
> not plumbing 24x7 for the sheer fun of it.

Attached: serveimage.jpg (300x238, 14K)

i am retarded for plumbing

only autists and nerds make a lifestyle out of a tool. There is reason why they don't get good partners and money.