PROTONMAIL

I'm looking to switch my calendars/contacts/email to somewhere else since my self-hosting setup is failing and taking too much time, Proton mail is hosted in Sweden and looks good on paper

However the fact that its so popular makes me feel weird, or maybe that its Discord purple colored.

Thoughts Jow Forums ?

Attached: 1501720923_protonmail_story.jpg (760x430, 22K)

Other urls found in this thread:

zdnet.com/article/hacker-uses-protonmail-vpn-hacker-ddoses-protonmail-hacker-gets-arrested/
techcrunch.com/2018/09/06/protonmail-names-one-of-the-attackers-behind-a-major-ddos-this-summer/
protonmail.com/support/knowledge-base/protonmail-israel-radware/
disroot.org/en/privacy_policy
burzum.org/eng/contacts.shtml
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>Sweden
...i think you mean Switzerland.

also, colourblindfag here, never knew that was purple. thanks.

no no and no
repair your own host > using botnet
and yes protonmail is a honeypot and sells userdata

>sells userdata
So, where can I buy it?

>gets attacked
>pays ransom to make the attacks stop
Do you really want to trust them?

op's blind, thats a faded blue

This.
Also 2 of my accounts got blocked 'automatically' by their anti-abuse system hours after creation, they were only used to sign up for some gaming forums and no emails sent.
Just be wary not to rely on them solely as it took a long time for support to unblock them.

This. The fact they were compromised in the first place is a total joke

>since my self-hosting setup is failing and taking too much time
You mean
>since I'm shit at computers and too lazy to git gud
Fix your system. install gentoo. ask questions, learn. You already have the equipment. Don't give up liberty for the convenience of the botnet.

>donate to confirm you are legit
lol

When they ask you for a secondary email account just use a tutanota account.

Because just about anyone can self-host and it's a breeze to maintain. Are you out of your freaking mind?
>and yes protonmail is a honeypot and sells userdata
I'm sure you'll have a source for this.

>Makes you pay to forward your own mail
>Heh, nothing personal kid

>selfhosting mail
why would you do that to yourself?

zdnet.com/article/hacker-uses-protonmail-vpn-hacker-ddoses-protonmail-hacker-gets-arrested/

techcrunch.com/2018/09/06/protonmail-names-one-of-the-attackers-behind-a-major-ddos-this-summer/

protonmail.com/support/knowledge-base/protonmail-israel-radware/

>Switzerland
Same fucking country, isn't it? It's a synonym for Sweden.

Are you retarded? Where is anywhere in here said anything about selling user data?

read the israeli article Jew

Okay then you fucks
Besides self hosting
What email service do you recommend?

And no don't tell me to use cock.li and expect me to use it for public use

Back to the nuthouse.

Attached: 1546891393445.png (912x900, 193K)

Attached: download.png (414x459, 324K)

>The UK National Crime Agency announced Duke-Cohan's arrest earlier today, along with the teenager's guilty plea for making bomb threats against 400 schools and a UK-to-US intercontinental flight.
>The ProtonMail founder also said that security researchers who are ProtonMail users also lent their help during the investigation, which also uncovered that the Apophis Squad DDoS-for-hire portal was breached and exposing user data online, information that may also lead to the arrest of other group members.
In the first case the suspect had far more to worry about than DDOS attempts and most likely had a search order hanging over him. And that's exactly what happened genius:
>ProntonMail says once law enforcement agencies got involved they filed MLAT requests asking ProtonMail to assist. Not that it would have been able to hand over much user data, given the e2e calibre of its encryption.
>On that point Yen elides going into detail when we ask exactly what data it was able to pull from their accounts — saying only: “There is not a lot from ProtonMail actually, because all emails on our system are encrypted. However, there were plenty of clues elsewhere.
The third article very clearly debunks you even further, but why read?

no you :)

ok jew
enjoy your packets being sniffed by mosad

Waiting for an actual argument any time now.

you're too cheap for a good email provider

Oh, so you're just a shill.

>trusting for-profit jew mail to protect your privacy
>using anything but commie riseup.net mail

People don't actually do this... do they? IMAP/POP3 support, non-javascript web login, fully encrypted, free VPN service and hate the US government. Just ask around for an invite code.

Attached: riseup-all-11.png (582x390, 146K)

>trusting for-profit jew mail to protect your privacy
I mean just read the thread. But thanks for another suggestion, I didn't realize that they offered mail too.

It's fucking easy. What is your problem?

RiseUp, more like AntiNaziMail, still can't register as it's closed invite faggots only

Try Tutanota

>tfw got firstname(4letters)@disroot.org
Would have been a great personal email if the website didn't have vandalization and niggers with bandanas around their faces on it. Sigh.

Attached: asd.png (1834x895, 1015K)

>disroot.org/en/privacy_policy
> 6. email - All emails, unless encrypted by user (with gpg for example) are stored on our servers in plain-text.
Server database in unencrypted and in plain text. This looks like HONEYPOT SHIT to me. At lease they don't lie...

There's always a catch.

>still can't register as it's closed invite faggots only
Damn it.

yikes

Oh, dang...no loss in that case. I never actually read that, I just saw that privacytools.io was shilling the site so I signed up to try it out. The web app itself is very clean and simple.

Just look on r*ddit for people that use it or are offering invite codes and message them for one, most are bros that will send you an invite code.

OKAY SMARTYPANTS WHAT'S A GOOD MAIL SERVER?

Sorry for shouting I had a long day.

>had a long day
>12:23pm PST
crawl back in bed, NEET

>the flat earth has only one time zone

mail.vivaldi.net

>botnet mail

your mother has botnet in her pussy

How so? It's not Opera, which is Chinese botnet. It's created by old Opera team - co-founder and former CEO Jon Stephenson von Tetzchner and Tatsuki Tomita.

Sweden loves to fallow all stupid laws coming from EU so the next encryption is illegal law that comes from EU is going to be implemented in no time by swedish government

you're the shill without knowing

There is a whole world outside of your meme-tier wildfire state.

>old Opera team
They sold out to chinks, what more needs to be said. They'll do the same with Vivaldi when the opportunity presents itself.

Switched from gmail to protonmail.

Get all my shit moved over to protonmail

Delete play store botnet from phone

A few months later...

Protonmail is acting glitchy delete it from phone - go to reinstall.

FUCKING NEED PLAY STORE

Nope.jpg

Now using web interface only.

Should have done Tutanota. At least it has an apk. Don't believe them that there's no backdoors. Would never believe anyone that there are no backdoors no matter what they said. Just need mail that google and their employees can't casually read. If NSA or the German Police want to go through my email I really don't care.

Jeebus Crow.

Can be true, but it was CEO Lars Boilesen who sold Opera to Chinks

>burzum.org/eng/contacts.shtml
Even the openly Hitler-loving Varg Vikernes uses Gmail. What are you so damn scared of, Jow Forums?

Varg doxxed himself already by appearing in videos.

>Tutanota
>German law applies
Would my account get oven'd if I denied the holohoax in an email? Would the recipient have to report me or do they scan emails for this sort of stuff?

Attached: Ir-r44R8.png (512x512, 12K)

Don't use German hosters. Don't use Swiss hosters either. If you are actually serious about privacy and emails PGP and either use a email provider in Iceland or rent a root server in Iceland and encrypt it up the arse.

>FUCKING NEED PLAY STORE
Lol, no you don't. You don't even need Google Play Services for it to run. It just shits out the error and goes on its merry way working as intended. You can download apks from ApkMirror by the way.

I was running it without play store for a while. But they only distribute the app through play store. Lots of people complaining about it in their comments section

>Would never believe anyone that there are no backdoors no matter what they said
And that's why you only consider reports and research as viable, not just anyone's claims.
>Just need mail that google and their employees can't casually read. If NSA or the German Police want to go through my email I really don't care.
Uhh, what? Are you alright there buddy?

The only thing I would trust is open source software running on my own computer.

Fucking niggers calibrate your monitors...

Thats deep blue

no one would go full India, that's so stupid....

i wanted to ask the same question will end using Tutanota...

so I'm confused now...

protonmail is shit because it's apparently not that safe now,right? so what to use? vivaldi mail? what else?

>protonmail is shit because it's apparently not that safe now,right?
Remember that quote abote inane comments? No wonder why you're confused if you never read anything but whatever someone on Jow Forums says. Read the articles linked here.

Dude just put cm=blowfish2 in your .vimrc, then send files encrypted with nice long passphrases

Pic related plus GPG.

Attached: cockdotli.jpg (352x226, 14K)

Public key cryptography is crackable instantly by NSA's quantum computers lol

Steals accounts, not worth.

I see

but now testing vivaldi, shit have ton of options, I'm impressed

Good for throwaway, though.

Isn't the real question how much privacy you should really expect from email, anyway? If you need communicate privately you should use something else.

Attached: homer-cigar.jpg (576x432, 15K)

>trusting the French
>ever

Attached: 1550630069359.jpg (639x480, 82K)

Serious, pragmatic answer:
>get your own domain with registrar who provides privacy (e.g. namecheap, nearlyfreespeech.net)
>pay for plain email service from host (e.g. namecheap, mxroute)
>ordinary email client (e.g. thunderbird, k-9 mail)
>don't have unrealistic privacy expectations from email

Attached: xfiles.jpg (1533x1015, 198K)

Your own one, if you make it good.

you diving into a black hole with that type of logic.
What people refer when asking for a more secure mail is that it wont break your neck.

>host has susceptible of DOS attacks because its operated by two ants.
>users has now yet another vector attack by buying a domain
>some domains require owners to display some type of personal data or who owns it

Security is always a pain in the ass, isn't it? If you're not doing it yourself then you have to really trust someone else to do it. Every feature you choose has a trade-off.