>on omegle
>on an omegle tag i used to go on a lot
>in text chat
>talking shit to some faggot
>he has this bot that repeats everything i type
>call him a script kiddie and discconect
>run into this guy again
>talk a lot of shit
>suddenly, computer freezes, can't move mouse, type or do anything.
>exit out of i3 window manager
>xorg crashed
>think nothing of it
>start xorg
>go on youtube
>then go on omegle again
>run into the guy again
>he tells me the exact youtube video im watching
>says he installed a keylogger
>shutdown my laptop
>take out my battery
>throwaway my laptop

What happened? I always knew there were bots on omegle but holy fuck.

Attached: 7d9753bc204b37f04c813dc92ced371b.png (600x289, 61K)

I suspect it was an XSS attack or something to do with javascript.

Whats your guys take on it?

It's just an xss most likely He won't have a keylogger or anything but it should show you that you need to enable firstparty.isolate and run Firefox inside a sandbox.

If you are using anything based on Chromium it's your own fault.

If he really has a keylogger you can just look up processes. I doubt you run your browser as root.

I was using firefox. But how did he know what exact youtube video i was watching?

And he crashed my computer

kys

bump

yeah no, something doesn't add up here. You use i3/xorg but describe the event like a techno-simpleton that doesn't understand the concept of a sandbox.

he guessed the youtube video

Nah.

My computer froze, i couldn't do fuck all. So i tried to quit i3 all together and it worked and got into the tty

>omegle
what year is it? anyway, your fault

not real and not straight

Whatever, probably an omegle admin fucking with me.

Fuck javascript, nigger

If someone breaks the sandbox before the hundreds of nsa/cia/china/russia losers, they could take accounts and things with actual value, not fucking with some people on omegle. Keylogger is very unlikely, and even if it was ratted, why not just wipe the drive?

If this was a real attack then they likely would have done it using a service worker. They can still run even when you exit a website. But I highly doubt that the process could escalate privileges or anything.

I don't know but i heard keyloggers are hard to detect

Like when im on debian, i don't install anything besides using debians repos. I never got a virus or trojan or anything when i used gnu/linux.

I know for a fact it has something to do with networking, javascript or xss. I didn't even bother to open htop or look at anything, just threw away my laptop cause he spooked me with the fact that he knew what video i was watching on youtube.

He was probably in the house

Attached: JsodqF.gif (320x240, 1.36M)

What happened was you made up a story about hacking despite being computer illiterate. Try making something up about sucking dicks for nickels so you can base it in reality.

Nah there's incel hackers who take it out on you because they're spergs irl. You can tell how try hard they are from their choice of edgy profile pics.

I know what you are trying to do. Omegle is a bot infested, vunlerble site.

I never had problems with it until that incident. I'm not computer illiterate. What really spooked me out was my laptop froze and i couldn't do shit so i had to exit out into tty.

Bruh, use Qubes OS if you Ike to talk a lot of shit. I ended up getting some nigger to hire a barrage of darknet goons to stalk everything I do.

Shit man, this is why i never ever used tor. Virtual machines are very useful To combat malware but my laptop had shitty specs so i didn't do anything big on it.

either this didn't happen or you were a dumbass, clicked on a link, and left it out of the story so we didn't think you were a dumbass

He's you

I didn't click on any links. Idk why you niggers think im tech illterate.

Are you telling me its not possible to get hacked through omegle text chat? Are you seriously implying that? It doesn't happen often to people but i was a target. I avoid javascript like the plague it is.

I think Jow Forums had malicious js in the past right?

probably think you're a dumbass cause you type like an autist and the story sounds so retarded that you'd believe only a 13 year old would do such boring shit

checked

Go back to /v/

omeglulz

omegle exposes your IP address. if you were hacked it's because you're running an insecure stack. exploitable firewall or OS.

i wasn't using a firewall at all actually. I didn't install ufw. Theres my problem.

Thanks user. Still confused on how there are ways that a person can see an IP on text chat.

>omegle
>2010+9

>Jow Forums
>2003+16

Stop being rude to random people and maybe they won't hack your hobbyist OS.

>recently installed addons or extensions
>does it have systemd?
>did you update?
>distro

>browser
Firefox
>recently installed addons or extensions
Ublock
>does it have systemd?
Ye
>did you update?
Ye
>distro
Debian

To be fair, i had no firewall

Leave her alone Satan!

Jump into Omegle with me and I’ll show you, just have to download this little tool called team viewer first and enable remote access and I’ll show ya anything ya want

sounds like indian tech support kek

Attached: TenderThoseAsiaticmouflon-small.gif (630x420, 266K)

>debian
Kek. What the fuck? Are you using old-as-fuck stable?
The only way to know what truly happened is you fire up that machine again instead of asking us like we're some psychic. Just unplug the network card and see what happens or if you're smart you can plug that hard drive on some other machine to investigate. You know you can check your home folder first and arrange files by date creation or modified and see what is there. But honestly it could be just some clever firefox hole a skid got from a chink hacker site.
Anyway you got owned and you should be happy you can brag that shit when you drink at the bar with the trannies

>Are you using old-as-fuck stable?
No

Und r rat ed

if it's true then you should have asked him.

maybe he managed to upgrade the text chat to video and he heard what was playing...or maybe you're underage.

You (OP, I assume) are lying. The events described are completely absurd. This thread does not even belong on /x/.

Attached: 1547937760599.jpg (600x600, 43K)