Why does it seem like the prettier a piece of software is, the worse it is?

Why does it seem like the prettier a piece of software is, the worse it is?

Attached: windows-10-14328-580797c43df78cbc285096a1.png (768x512, 103K)

>pretty

style over substance
>you cant paint a turd they said, we showed them wrong

Maybe prettier was not the right term. You know what I meant.

Form over function

define worse

Fedora is pretty functional m9

Attached: functional.png (1920x1080, 2.34M)

it's not bad idea, but microsoft is shit, fanboys made ton of concepts that are amazing execution of the idea

Proprietary software needs to be very attractive and user friendly, or people will move to alternatives (that might also be proprietary). Taking over the market, and doing just enough to keep the momentum for years and years is where Windows is now.

They just copied windows 7 and still included some of the windows 8 bullshit because otherwise they would have to live in a world where they believe they made a mistake by inventing windows 8 bullshit.

That went very well with them for internet explorer didn't it. The worst browser ever that many companies say they will not support. With a bigger more bloated version called edge which is now planned on being decommissioned and replaced for chrome. Why chrome? "because we can't admit we were wrong about firefox."

Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight.

eye candy is bloat

>gnome

Fuck this ad, Microsoft are cancer

>Complete cluster fuck with no space within that isn't filled with something retarded and a ton of windows
>pretty

gnome is based

This is pretty? Fuck no, I want 7 style back.

dude squares lmao

>tfw still on win 7
I don't want to upgrade. win 7 is my friend.

Attached: 1475097087958.jpg (800x771, 220K)

It's the opposite. Case in point, that looks like shit.

you think that's pretty? Windows 10 has always been a trainwreck.

Is this the windows 10 hate thread?
I've been waiting 15 minutes now for this piece of shit antivirus to finish scanning a 150mb file

Attached: 325.jpg (640x405, 44K)

no i dont. win 10 is not pretty nor good. explain yourself

Attached: 1501711788800.jpg (480x360, 18K)

mouse pointer lags on w10. this never happened on 7 on the same hardware. it really seems like desktop is emulated on top of something, pure garbage. w10 is shit

Attached: 1500878124220.jpg (360x360, 26K)

>windows 10 start menu
>pretty
no. tiles on desktop were a fucking decided-not-to-have-an-abortion level mistake. that start menu looks like somebody took the basic concept of the metro UI and tried to design the interface for one of those shitty mini laptops meant for kids before quitting and getting a job at microsoft where the nearest pajeet stole his UI concept art, replaced half the tiles with ads, hot glued the result to the original start menu design, then presented his glorious work to the King Icon Pajeet of UI DESIGN and immediately got promoted to lead ui designer.