Install Devuan

Install Devuan

Attached: devuan.png (1920x1080, 22K)

Install MX Linux

Install minecraft

if I don't have my pantsu in a bunch over systemd, is there any reason to use it versus Debian?

>software freedom, our way

Nop. It's literally Debian with no systemd.

Install Fedora

Install Loveshack OS

So, what do I get out of it?
what's init for me?
no but seriously I install Devuan and how much dev power do they have compared to debian?
You say it's a fork, but how many maintainers, devs, etc does devuan have?
Am I going to get a year down the road with devuan and all the devs have given up and its just called uan?

Is that the one the chef from southpark made

I don't know but there's no way they have even a third of the people Debian has. But who knows in the future, some devs and maintainers have been flocking to Devuan for the last years but the project is still pretty new.

Just pulled the most obscure trash proof of concept bullshit out of my ass I could think of. It's something a Shawn T Cook cobbled together a long time ago. It's insanity comparable to LoseThos/TempleOS, only a lot less impressive in scope. Good luck finding a working image these days.

Install whatever you want.
I'm not shilling anything lately.

It's not stable yet, so I'll wait...

How do I get that xfce theme for Debian? Looks comfy

no

Attached: fuckdevuan.jpg (3524x3024, 1.52M)

That's... not a theme. Besides the devuan icon there that's just what xfce looks when you do literally nothing to it.

Denuvo is shit it makes my games slower

i already run the greatest distro on earth

Attached: Screenshot from 2019-02-28 13-56-23.png (1366x768, 1.47M)

Does anyone have a guide on how to install systemd on devuan?

kys self Poetteringcuck

>not offered as a stable branch
i.e. the whole reason people use debian

>desktop icons

Attached: 1547387375625.jpg (480x480, 32K)

>Devuan
Sounds like a nigger

I mean, it's better than Debian, but I like my packages from this century and not outdated without gaining any stability.

But you can remove systemd and put sysvinit on debian

nice pape user, where did you get it?

I like systemd. I use a lot of its features. Networkd makes setting up interfaces and routing really easy, and easy to debug. Ordered dependencies and easily filterable journal logging make failures from services much easier to debug for me. I've set up a lot of my FDE non-root drives to use systemd-automount which has significantly improved boot time, as well as less annoying hiccups with sshfs. I also recently learned about all the sandboxing it supports for services, so I've been hardening some stuff.

Systemd is great as an init. It's great at managing services, it's great at integrating its core tools all together (networkd,resolved,timesyncd, etc).

Will install Devuan-based distro in a coupe of months if mainlining kernel goes smoothly.

Attached: logo.png (2000x2828, 90K)

from /wg/.

Attached: 1544997127461.jpg (1920x1200, 1.28M)

I'm using it now, it's great. Debian without System D, what else do you need?

you're from india

>what else do you need?
Systemd

Attached: 1538962898173.jpg (500x360, 151K)

convince, OP

Attached: file.png (2560x1410, 314K)

already on devuan

>apt-cuck install problematicname
>apt: This package is unavailable due to problematic name.
Yeah no thanks

Man, that's a really subtle merchant.

Fucking this.
If you've ever actually tried to manage a system, systemd is so much easier and saner than everything else.

people nowadays are unable to form their own opinion, instead of actually tryings for themselves they just base their opinion on websites made by vindictive inbreds

with even older faggier packages than that piece of shit tranny granny distro known as debian

based and redpilled

yüah

Attached: +++ ASCII - Franzose kann Schlittenhund in 7-Bit-Zeichencodierung darstellen +++.jpg (1680x1050, 774K)

Just wanted to second this. Wars between linux distros is even more funny than war between vim and emacs users. I use VSCode with vim keybindings so far, and dont give a shit.

You don't have a scrot on Gentoo, so you need to make a photo?

it won't install on recent laptops. sad. I had to switch back to mint. double sad.
I love that distro though

>The most systemdicked of the non-systemd distros
What does it feel like to be a brainlet?

fuck systemd, but...
how does it feel to be a turbo autist, user?
apart from your mom, did a woman ever touch you ?

>apt

Into the trash it goes.

What are you even talking about at this point? I run a systemd distro. I even ran Gentoo with systemd at one point. I'm saying Devuan is a shitty distro because literally the only reason you would use it for, not having systemd, is basically nonexistent because it uses Debian's exact packages, which are linked against libsystemd.so and such where applicable. So even though you don't run systemd, instead you get a barely working system with all the systemd files still laying around, literally bloating up your system.
also this

Why would I install something that depends on it's enemy?