>Example gaming builds; click on blue titles to see notes
pcpartpicker.com/user/pcbg/saved/
>How to assemble a PC
youtube.com/watch?v=69WFt6_dF8g

Want help?
>State the budget & CURRENCY
>Post at least some attempt at a parts list
>List your uses, e.g. Gaming, Video Editing, VM Work
>For monitors, include purpose (e.g., photo editing, gaming) and graphics card pairing (if applicable)

CPUs based on current pricing:
>Athlon 200GE - HTPC, web browsing, bare minimum gaming (can be OC'd on some MSI mobos)
>R3 2200G - Recommended minimum gaming
>R5 2600/X - Good gaming & multithreaded work use CPUs
>i7-9700k - Good for gaming
>R7 2700/X - Best high-end CPU on a non-HEDT platform
>Threadripper/Used Xeon - HEDT

RAM:
>Always choose at least a two stick kit; 2x 8GB is recommended
>CPUs benefit from high speed RAM; 3000CL15 or 3400CL16 is ideal
>All AMD chipsets and Intel Z chipsets support XMP

Graphics cards based on current pricing:
>Used cards can be had for a steal; inquire about warranty
1080p
>GTX 1060 6gb, RX 570, RX 580 for older or less demanding titles
>RTX 2060/GTX 1660ti High framerate 1080p gaming, beware of only 6gb of vram for longevity
1440p
>RTX 2060/GTX 1660ti Highish (60-100) framerate 1440p gaming, especially beware of only 6gb of vram at this resolution
>RTX 2080 if you're looking for very high (100+) framerate and you have a CPU and monitor to match
2160p (4k)
>RTX 2080
>RTX 2080 Ti is better, but very expensive

General:
>PLAN YOUR BUILD AROUND YOUR MONITOR IF GAMING
>A 256GB or larger SSD is almost mandatory; consider m.2 form factor
>Bottleneck checkers are worthless
>rentry.co/pcbg-more

Previous:

Attached: Prey.png (1327x1225, 73K)

Other urls found in this thread:

pcpartpicker.com/list/4gpZyX
userbenchmark.com/PCBuilder/Custom/S94328-M466081.727265.426128.160390.90757vsS2153-M10022.14719.182068.42910?tab=RAM
userbenchmark.com/PCBuilder/Custom/S94328-M466081.727265.426128.160390.156965vsS66759-M356837.675909.426128.160390.156965?tab=RAM
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Where's a good Xeon that I can find used?

You're making the 1660 Ti look bad.
Someone make a new thread and let's not bump this one.

You're not getting away this easily just because it's a new thread. Just post links to 1660Ti benchmarks with 1%s and 0.1%s that prove the card does solid 60+ fps at 1440p.

ok, great, you got prey. what's next? doom? resident evil2? just post links, not single images.

get help

prove me wrong

Reminder that AMD is cheap trash. Avoid at all costs.

Attached: _20171119_017.jpg (675x1200, 189K)

This. Buy more expensive hardware, since brand loyalty and image matters.

Attached: 1551367880816.jpg (1080x1349, 204K)

Are 5.25" 3.5" HD hotswaps able to fit 4TB HDDs or are they too big?

Attached: 7988620.png (328x171, 54K)

If it was up to me i would rearrange the OP to
1080p
>580 good for another year, maybe 2, longer if you're fine with turning down settings or sub-60fps
>1070/1660Ti/Vega56 for rock solid 60fps at ultra settings, on average much more. good for another 3 years before you have to turn down settings or deal with sub-60 fps.
1440p
>Vega64/2060 the bare fucking minimum. You will have to turn down settings or get used to sub-60 fps depending on the title. will last you maybe another year or two if you're lucky before you have to really turn down fidelity or get used to playing at 40ish fps.
>2070/2080 for rock solid 60 fps and then some. will easily last you for another 3-4 years. maybe a bit less for the 70. Radeon 7 is disqualified because of it's noise. It's just as bad as the 290x or 295x2 was and costs exactly as much as a 2080. Steer clear.

What does game boost in my msi bios actually do? I mean, it's a huge ass button just wanting to be pressed!

is this a fe(male)? Because I'm hard either way. Will "she" like me more if I already own a 2080Ti?

Mild overclocks with excessive voltage increases.

Trap or thot.. We don't care lmao!

So pretty pointless if I've already overclocked my cpu,gpu and ram?

>Recommending vega56/64
I mean, if you hate the person you're recommending it to and want to see their house catch fire.

Yes
Careful mate, my brother died from using too many edgy memes

the 1660ti can do 1440p more than fine

"fine" is not an objective measurement. Try frames per second at ultra settings with 1%s and 0.1%s.

sirs, do the needful and buy raiden 7 16gb the perfect 1080p video card very future proof

>GTX 1660ti Highish (60-100) framerate 1440p gaming
Vega 56 would make more sense for cheap 1440p and 1660 Ti for cheap 1080p.

Attached: 1551226866055.png (538x764, 218K)

yes, spend 700 bucks on a jet engine for 1080p pixel jumping.

>budget: max 1100 EUR (€)
>uses: occassional gaming, data analysis (heavy), web browsing (100+ tabs)
>his selected parts: pcpartpicker.com/list/4gpZyX

My bro tasked me with building him a computer and sent me the parts in the link above. I've been out of the game so I don't know what goes to pass currently. He wouldn't game too much, but did say he would occasionally like to give it a try - so a minimum to medium settings on modern game max (minimum if medium is not an option). He mostly does statistical analysis and topography (2D and 3D), so not sure if better CPU or GPU is needed.

From the first look of it, GPU could be different, dunno why it's that so small. Ram could be 8x2 GB, Motherboard is a complete unknown to me. I'd also like the opinion on CPU. Otherwise SSD looks fine, case too and supply could have better certification but otherwise it's good. Rip this build a new one, open to suggestions

sure. if you don't mind it consuming almost 200w more and making a shitload of noise.
also for "cheap" 1080p you can already get the 580.

Except the benchmark test done and shown were done with premium B-die RAM, that was OCed AND the timings were manually tightened.
How can you be so malicious that you lie to people and essentially tell them to just buy your product while ignoring all important data on produced results?!

>It says 3400 at CL15, are you ok user?
No it's 15-17-17-30, thats not CL 15-15-15 and it certainly aint cl14-14-14-28-42 and it certainly ain't that with tightened timings.

>They didn't even use CL14 3446MHz memory for the benchmark.
They literally did, the image has fucking links and time stamps, do I Have to give them to you manually?

>didn't need it
>except a liquid cooler for 100$ was used, except the REVIWER who did the benchmark SAID YOU NEED A BETTER COOLER

>but amd shills tell you you can hit 4.2GHZ at 1.1v on stock cooler in an anoymous image board, better believe them than the source of the said benchmark that is shilled here all the time.

How the hell is 180W "200w more" than 120?

>>except a liquid cooler for 100$ was used, except the REVIWER who did the benchmark SAID YOU NEED A BETTER COOLER
Yes, because they were being a dumbass.

>>but amd shills tell you you can hit 4.2GHZ at 1.1v on stock cooler in an anoymous image board, better believe them than the source of the said benchmark that is shilled here all the time.
No, you use PBO. You don't manually OC Ryzen. Hasn't this been said enough?

do us all a favor and google logical increments

So you can't? Thanks for me proving me right then.

The difference between CL15 and CL14 is less than a couple of FPS on every benchmark on the net. The biggest difference for Ryzen is MHz, since the internal IF runs at the memory frequency.
These benchmarks were done in May of last year. Ryzen didn't even work with Hynix at over 2933MHz turning that time. I seriously hope you realize that.

Reminder you can get cheaper kits that perform just well with Ryzen. No need for b-dies.

what sort of mouse should you use for gaming?

half of those parts are from logical increments (superb section), if anything's changed it's because pcpartpicker didn't have it listed

3000c15/3200c16 is $120~ for 8x2, and is plenty for any ryzen build outside of the HEDT theatre.

>Yes, because they were being a dumbass.
Ah yes, trust the good results, but don't trust what they say is needed for the good results or even what hardware was used to support it.
Just trust your local anonymous AMD Shill.

>Hasn't this been said enough?
Shilling over and over doesn't make it true.

>Reminder you can get cheaper kits that perform just well with Ryzen. No need for b-dies.
Yet you will use only benchmarks with a golden chip, Water cooler, premium B-die and a top of the line motherboard.
Hmmmmmmmm

High dpi with sensitvity way down

>Yet you will use only benchmarks with a golden chip, Water cooler, premium B-die and a top of the line motherboard.
>Hmmmmmmmm
I've never even posted a benchmark. You're the one posting outdated info and being incredible mad at the same time, for whatever unconceivable reason I can't even understand.

Seperate the ram into two dualchannel dimms and this build is fine.

>tfw when my new 2080 performs slightly better than the benchmarks at stock

Attached: ezgif-4-6e92cffc74d5.gif (255x143, 1.17M)

>Shilling over and over doesn't make it true.
Ryzen is shit for overclocking, how is that shilling? AMD tries to make utilizing each end every silicon to it's best abilities for everyone, not just overclockers or golden samples, with PBO and that's what you should use.

nVidiots have a weird mental map of what AMD cards do.

What are the differences between the three XFX 580 models? Factory overclocks?

I got a RX570 that outperforms most RX580s after undervolt/overclocking.

Feels nice to get a good sample.

That and their cooling units

Actual marketeers. They are people being paid to disprove AMD on here and make it seem like the worse option.
You can see how nobody posts AMD benchmarks or said AMD is a better option, while they bring up things like RAM or overclocking out of the blue that shows AMD in a bad light.

It's like reverse shilling AMD while nobody is even shilling AMD. It doesn't work but they get their pennies worth for every post I guess. (Lets face it, we know it's just butthurt fanboys.)

>They literally did, the image has fucking links and time stamps, do I Have to give them to you manually?
they used 3400mhz not 3446mhz

>Ryzen didn't even work with Hynix at over 2933MHz turning that time. I seriously hope you realize that.
ryzen 1 and 2 at launch didn't even support anything but b-dies at first, b-die was the only option
people are still talking like this is still true

recomend me a keyboard

Well, Precision Boost Overdrive wasn't available either turning that time. That's why they had to manually overclock. Guess those people try to use outdated info on people who are too lazy to check themselves.

some other dude posted my picture and people started counter shilling vs it with bullshit, so I just pointed out that they are faggots and why.

>They are people being paid to disprove AMD on here and make it seem like the worse option.
Linking the original source of the video is
>disproving AMD
says a lot about amd shills doesn't it.

the 2600 specifically needs to be overclocked because it's a bottom binned piece of shit chip, and manual OC can often yield more than PBO.
P.S PBO is extrreemly dumb to the point where you absolute need negative voltage offset to make it work well since it gives a shit ton of volts while not rasing the frequency enough to compensate, what you get is chips that overheat faster and thus boost less and thus less frequency, it's absolutely suboptimal.

>precision boost wasn't available at 2600 time
then you try to spin it as
>its out dated, it's all different now, new TECH like PBO!
disgusting

>they used 3400mhz not 3446mhz
you are correct, my bad in that particular test it was 3400, in another it was 3446.

Look at a brand called Ducky. Also, ask in mechanical keyboard general. Use the buyers template

user with a Ryzen R7-1700X, CL14 3200MHz B-Die RAM, and top tier RTX 2080Ti here. Are there any benches you'd like me to run at varying DRAM speeds/clocks, stock/OC 1700X speed to put an end to all this incessant arguing? This shit is getting old.

PBO works perfectly out of the box also. It was already explained here to tweak it even better: You WILL ALWAYS loose single core performance with manual OC compared to PBO at the same voltages, always.

>some other dude posted my picture and people started counter shilling vs it with bullshit, so I just pointed out that they are faggots and why.
Yeah that wasn't me, but it's still a pretty moot point to post nowadays, since back then the only way to get any remotely good RAM that worked with Ryzen was b-die, many places still sell RAM for Ryzen specifically that's b-die.
I bought my kit that was specifically said "INTEL ONLY, NOT WORKING WITH RYZEN" since even vendors haven't catched up (probably because they much rather sell more expensive RAM for higher profits) while it works perfectly and yields similar results to a higher end b-die set, but being much cheaper.

Even if you provided a definative answer, the fanboys would remain at eachothers throats. Enjoy your noce PC and ignor the haters.

Is it worth it to buy and try to resell about 10 old P5 Pentiums? Guy in my area currently selling them all for ~$110 CAD.

>PBO works perfectly out of the box also.
And yet any experience overclocker will tell you otherwise and how it gives way too much voltage, doesn't boost your clocks enough for the voltage it gives and worse of all overheats your cpu through excessive voltage with leads to less boost.

"perfectly" is far form what I would call that.

>You WILL ALWAYS loose single core performance with manual OC compared to PBO at the same voltages, always.
You fucking retard, not every chip is a X version chip.
You realize there is a limit that is put in to how far the PBO will boost it?

God how do people who know literally jack shit like you go around telling people everything like they are so sure of it.
Like either massive dunning kruger effect or...

I want to buy a gpu. Whats the difference between all the manufacturers? I just want a gtx 1070 thats silent and won't heat up so much. Is the one from asus the best beacuse it has three fans?

Attached: 1111927_0__68310.jpg (500x500, 32K)

>hurr you people don't know what you're talking about!
Did you literally miss the point where I linked a post that said to reduce voltages in the offset for better results?
It works perfectly well out of the box to, it works far better than normal boost on either Ryzen or Intel CPUs.
Yes, every experienced overclocked has said it could be better, but they all give credit how well it already works.

Just because you don't like it, doesn't mean it's bad. Deal with it.

Also:
>You WILL ALWAYS loose single core performance with manual OC compared to PBO at the same voltages, always.
Is a fact.

Also:
>You realize there is a limit that is put in to how far the PBO will boost it?
Yes, those limits are user tweakable.

Talk about people talking about things they have no idea about.

intel fanboys are getting desperate since summer is approaching

>golden chip,
Irrelevant amd and intel have similar ipc if the 2600 can overclock to at least 3.9ghz it will have better performance
>Water cooler
Irrelevant
>premium B-die
$50

you can fuck off now

3D artfag here, looking for a display to upgrade from my current ancient 1080p.
What should I be looking for? I've read that theres some adobe color meme to look out for.
I feel like it should at least be 32" and higher res than 1080, maybe 4k.
>RTX 2080 + Threadshitter 1950x

Attached: DORF.jpg (680x423, 21K)

What are the best value video cards with at least 8 GB of VRAM?

Vega56 in urop
1070Ti in burgerstan

>shill hard, fucking hard how PBO is perfect and that nobody needs to do static OC
>well actually 2600 should do static OC simply because there is a limit set to how far the chips will boost by AMD and the fact that it's inefficient in it's boost due to feeding too much voltage
>SHUT UP SHIT LORD I KNOW IT'S NOT PERFECT, BUT IT's PRETTY GREAT YOU FUCKING INTEL SHILL SHITLORD!
hmmmmmm

>Yes, those limits are user tweakable.
I said a frequency limit. Not a current/wattage/temp limit. fucking idiot.

>Talk about people talking about things they have no idea about.
Clearly you are doubling down and trying to act like you know shit.

all you said is irrelevant

you can fuck off now

>I said a frequency limit. Not a current/wattage/temp limit. fucking idiot.
Frequency limit depends on temperature and vcore. This is tweakable, get a better cooler and adjust your voltages.
Sounds familiar? It's kind of like overclocking.

When did I ever claim that non-X CPUs have PBO? Intel has non-K and K CPUs the same way. But at least AMDs non-X CPUs are not locked, but manually trying to overclock them is still useless (compared to PBO, in my opinion).
Try harder, shill.

Buy the rtx 2060

userbenchmark.com/PCBuilder/Custom/S94328-M466081.727265.426128.160390.90757vsS2153-M10022.14719.182068.42910?tab=RAM

New build Vs current. anything you would change Jow Forums?

Minimum 3000mhz RAM for Ryzen.

Got a rec? I was scouring the compat list and it seemed like all it showed were crappy 2 year old sticks

which ram company is the meme

Should I get 16 gigs of 4000mhz or 32 gigs of 3200mhz? Can't I just OC the 3200mhz to 4000mhz?

No to all.
16 of 3200.

Look at the €140 price range.

I just sold my nearly 3 year old used 1070 for $250. Personally I would like to thank all the AMPoojeets who keep pushing the 6gb meme. Seriously, I couldn't have done it without you guys.

Attached: 1424579414677.gif (500x281, 1018K)

Why?

Because it's the non-retarded option.

That's 160 burger bucks. Damn

nice shitpost

Can mods ban this newfag giving false information on the OP please?

this user here
Here's my expensive alt build. Is it worth it? Which would you choose?

userbenchmark.com/PCBuilder/Custom/S94328-M466081.727265.426128.160390.156965vsS66759-M356837.675909.426128.160390.156965?tab=RAM

forgot link

Strix models are pretty solid. But do check if the price is right, a gtx 1660ti performs about the same with better power efficiency (and less heat generated). If the price for a 1070 isn't lower than a two fan 1660ti model then its a bad deal.

ded thread

The 8400 is the superior CPU in this instance. Largely because Lumion is relatively half baked.

Attached: 155139675566631185836833354821.jpg (4032x1960, 2.96M)

>Made the mistake of buying CL16 2666mhz memory with Ryzen earlier this year
>Realize just now how much i fucked up

It's not that many FPS, r-right bros?

Attached: 1549793279505.jpg (400x400, 29K)

Rate/comment baby's first prospective >$1K build

Attached: Build.png (752x466, 41K)

Medium quality settings next year/10. Could spend a 20-50 bucks more for a 1660 Ti which is much, much better.

I want to upgrade to my ram from 800mhz (ddr3) to ddr4 3000 or something better but to do that I have to upgrade my motherboard
But if I upgrade my motherboard I have to also upgrade my cpu to a compatable socket.
Should I even bother with upgrading to ddr4 and instead go to 1600 ddr3?
Cpu right now is fx8320

>still on 2600k
>decided to not upgrade until zen 2 about a month ago
>computer died today
7 and a half years this lasted.
Should I just get 9700k if I want future proof 1440p?

What's the point of this board until Zen 2 comes out?

I've got a few 8350 with 8gb ddr3 and a gtx 960. I want to either upgrade my to a r5 2600 and 16gb ddr4 or a new GPU, maybe a 1160ti. I can't do both currently so I need to decide on one. I think I should do the CPU first because my system is having lots of weird stutters in games and I think it's either my CPU/ram or maybe my SSD is dying(it's an old Corsair force or something.)

Which do you think would be the better upgrade?

Only really relevant if you are getting the 2080ti. Otherwise 2700/2700X is perfectly OK.

Would have said no until I saw which CPU you have.
Trash fucking everything and start again.

Lmao
I have a gtx 970 is that still relevant?

Your RAM is probably already 1600MHz. Programs will report it as 800MHz because DDR stands for Double Data Rate. Only DDR2 is as slow as 800MHz. Yes you'd need a new chip and board to be able to use DDR4. Yes it's worth getting something to replace your current FX.
Some people still need builds here and now, not months from now
Both your CPU and GPU are old and slow. Biggest upgrade would still probably be your CPU though. FX barely keeps up even heavily overclocked.