/hpg/ /esg/ - Headphone & Earspeaker Axis

>Requesting purchase advice
pastebin.com/fYZLW7Ub

>Jow Forums headphone wiki
wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php?title=Headphones

Attached: STAX-SRS-007-MK2-System_480x480.jpg (480x480, 16K)

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.me/17523605
crinacle.com/ranking-list/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

First for summit-fi

Attached: CF7B791D-4FA6-4FAC-B981-8667EE05BBC0.jpg (2550x4032, 1.69M)

strawpoll.me/17523605

buy STAX.

>own stax
>voted for stax bad

Attached: 847169841228430465.jpg (367x500, 26K)

so currently stax have a 100% approval rating

who else is buying Stax soon

i am buying stax pads soon

i love my Stax

i'm buying more stax soon

speakers that rival Stax?

koss ksc75
wait a minute

Make hpg collage

Attached: 1551327071239.jpg (3000x3000, 2.33M)

Quads, Maggie’s, Soundlab

whats so great about stax?
should newbies go straight to them?

Apple Earpods rival Stax SR-L300

NO - then they miss the fun of upgrading slowly through various shitphones before finally achieving stax nirvana

>weeb dolls
let me guess. you love Stax?

Sennheiser 58x jubilee here

Attached: jbCgVcPdRXZC1YRI2oZ3_3qKeFvWGRbQ3wreRhIVc_58x_clear.png (1080x1080, 701K)

Hi Sennheiser 58x jubilee, how are you doing today?

well, basically electrostatic headphones are waaaay ahead of any other headphones (I haven't tried the 2016 Orpheus though). I even tried them with a 320kbps mp3 track too see how they react and I never thought that such a poor source has so much detail (information) embedded. There is such a big discussion about music compression, however, I believe that there are barely any headphones out there that can reveal all the details even in a poor audio source...

I have audeze tho

((((fun))))
oy vey try all of our shitphones from our company sennheiser

They are light and comfortable on the head.
The imaging is natural and spacious. The sound is the most perfect of any transducer I've ever heard, and I've heard Wilson Audio, Focal Utopias, and numerous electrostatics in systems costing nearly a million dollars. Stax are simply better and sound more live and transparent, at least to me. They are very, very fast, detailed...even micro-detailed. But they do this in a very smooth and natural way which is not prone to causing listening fatigue. The finest treble and midrange available. Very good bass. Very good dynamics. But I must say, the Audeze LCD-3 fazor headphones, which I also own, are just a little bit better in terms of dynamics and bass for a lot less. But the Audeze is not nearly as good as the Stax in terms of transparency and natural sound.
The Stax are thus very smooth, neutral, articulate beyond belief, dynamic, and an open clear window for any well done recording.

If I could do it again I'd jump straight to stax desu. I'd save a lot of money.

Only thing I got out of it was a lot of listening impressions I can share of different headphones

It's a great day to be sure. the audio input feels good, my membrane is vibrating. Overall I give myself full marks.

Attached: maxresdefault (1).jpg (1280x720, 130K)

maybe the real stax were the shitposts we made along the way

what is the starting salary at STAX marketing department?

three cups of incel tears and some organic wasabi

Since I have had mine for a while, I can say that they are a real pleasure, every day, every week, every month. I just don't get tired of them. I can use words like balanced, neutral, spacious, detailed, but those really don't distinguish them enough. They are all of that, but they are totally non-fatiguing. I can listen to them for hours on end, and still want to hear more.

you mean organic dog fucking chink

chinks eat dogs, white girls fuck them

Attached: 1495617466771.jpg (236x226, 14K)

#metoo

couldnt have put it better myself.
Stax are indeed on an another level above all other headphones.
everyone should buy some

they are incredible, but you might not be able to appreciate the higher models so start with a lower priced option and then upgrade over time. little things like how they make it is possible to make out the form of the studio music was recorded in by the detail of the echo off the walls. Listening to a classical concert I can even hear the detail of the waves of echos from the instruments coming off the walls. With these earspeakers, as Stax terms them, it is as if everything is simply on another level compared to dynamic headphones.

why would you have sex with a dog? they don't enjoy it

buy STAX

dunno mate, try asking your mom

Fuck off chiruno.

I love mine.
Stax, buy them guys.

cheaper headphones slightly less performance than STAX?

wow I didn’t know here were so many Stax owners here! well user I don’t know how much you already know, founded in 1938, the Japan-based Stax makes "Earspeakers" earphones (or Earspeaker as they like to call it) are some of the most sought-after audiophile products in the world. They are electrostatic in design and can create one of the most wonderful audio experiences you can ever hear from recorded music. they are celebrating their 80th anniversary right now! what a wonderful time to be alive for music lovers

___ ____

I would recommend you buy this user

Stax sounds based with reliable history
I think I will save up for one
thanks user, you have positively influenced my purchase!

I love my EQ'ed HD800S with less treble and more bass. Which IEM should I purchase? I'm currently using shitty $40-50 earphones I purchased ~3 years ago and need something much better for work.

>S*ax
No bass.

you’re right, compared to all non-electrostatic headphone systems, Stax will reveal MANY new sounds in almost all music that other headphone systems are not good enough to reveal. This is one of the most incredible attributes about Stax. The transparency is just almost unrivaled; as I said, almost all other headphones are veiled in comparison, including all dynamics and planars

STAX will "take you there" and I am convinced only an electrostatic system can do this, since no planar or dynamic system can. Not the Focal Utopia. Nothing from Sennheiser, no HiFiMan planar (and I personally doubt their electrostats too), nor Audeze. They don't come close whatsoever.

now that you have suffered enough, buy STAX.

I'll purchase L700 when I sign another contract with this school and confirm whether or not I can stay in my current apartment. I don't want to purchase a STAX setup now just to have to move it in a few months.

Right now I need good IEMs. I just started a new semester and have lots of office hours.

thanks again user. you seem like an expert on Stax earspeakers. my kind of guy.

Stax sr-003mk2

I need something I can plug into my laptop brochacho.

Use sr-003mk2 with Stax d10. STAX SRM-D10 Battery-Powered Electrostatic Headphone Amp/DAC

The SRM-D10 is the world's first compact electrostatic amp/DAC. Now, you can enjoy the freedom of using all modern Stax electrostatic headphones (PRO bias) anywhere you go. The built-in high-resolution DAC is capable playing up to DSD128 files.

based staxshill

didnt realize the Stax company made IEMs alongside their beautifully tuned earspeakers
thanks user ill look more into them

For reference, these are some other headphones that I rank as "above average"—Audeze LCD-3, Beyerdynamic T1, Grado HP1000, Sennheiser HD800, Shure SRH1840. However, just because I classify Stax as being "above average" doesn't mean I think it actually deserves the company of those other headphones, as I think it's better than all of them. As might be inferred, there's a lot of subjective gray area, which is intentional—I've historically avoided numerically ranking gear for numerous reasons, not the least of which is that it's extremely subjective and prone to misinterpretation. The only reason I have a ranking scale that goes from "atrocious" to "excellent" is to help identify equipment that truly stands out from the rest. It's easy for most headphones to fall under "average" to me for this reason—there aren't very many that are below-average or atrocious to me. "Below-average" to me includes the Audio-Technica ATH-ES7 and Sennheiser HD419 (both of which I own—yes, I'm critical even of the headphones that I own!) and the new Denon AH-D7100, for example. Finally, "atrocious" includes Apple iBuds. Enough said?

do any of you actually own STAX?

This?

I didn't even know this was possible haha. I thought I had to buy regular earphones.

Attached: file.png (1080x2244, 1.19M)

S T A X B O I S
T
A
X
B
O
I
S

holy fuck these are cheap

I might be a portable Staxbro soon

Attached: file.png (1080x2244, 614K)

should I buy stax?

non user, you could even buy the older Srs-002 with matching portable energizer setup. Sr-002 are the same as sr-003 but have an older cord style that fits the Stax-002 portable setup. Stax also has just announced the CES-A1 kit which makes the 002/003 sealed so musiclovers can finally enjoy Stax on the go!

>Budget
300 CAD and upwards
>Location
North America
>Source
phone/lsptop
>Type of headphone
wiredd
>Open or closed
closed
>Comfort level
decent at least

For listening in public spaces, no anc.

Why the fuck is the 002 more expensive?

Attached: file.png (1080x2244, 613K)

Static electricity is the most familiar and ancient known electrical phenomenon, but today many devices (such as copy machines) utilizing this unique phenomenon are born.

STAX has introduced this "specificity of static electricity" into the technology of audio recording and reproduction, and is a professional manufacturer of "electrostatic type" audio of the pioneer presence of the audio world in the world as well as in Japan.

80 years ago, attracted by the technical merit of static electricity, engineers who were immersed in application to audio equipment.

In other words, YES

>budget 300 CAD and upwards
STAX L700

It comes with the portable energizer!

omfg im laughing so hard right now
Staxcels absolutely getting assraped in silence

>Budget
below 100€
>Location
Krautland
>Source
my phone or pc
>Type of headphone
full sized, around ears would be nice
>Open or closed
doesn't really matter, whatever sounds better
>Comfort level
wanna lay back and listen to music, should be comfy
>Sound signature
no clue, I listen to all kinds of music, so nothing super specific

Attached: delet this.jpg (540x720, 26K)

It looks like they're both just the IEM.

>he had to save up his allowance for a year just to purchase HD600
oof

>budget below 100€
Stax

thanks user, bought 15 pairs and got a vasectomy for free!

the SRS-002 is the combo, SR-002 is the IEM.

Why are you guys the way you are

oh, ok. Why can't I find any reviews online for this?

Where can I order stax setup the cheapest? I want anenergizer+l700 or l300 limiteds.
I'm afraid, I'll get hit by import duties.

look for sr-003, same IEM just different cable.

are Stax worth the money?

So sr-003 and a D10 is the meme combo?

not that user, but I had a pair of 002 and here are a couple thoughts; they are pretty small, not IEM or earbud small but miniscule for a 'stat. These can be used either with or without headband. I found that with the headband, the pressure exerted on the canal entrances was pretty high and caused pain in a very short period of time so I removed the earpieces and popped them in 'au naturelle'. They sit at the top of the ear canal and come with oval pads so they actually fit properly.

I had to use the large set of silicone pads (med and large are supplied) or they didn't seal well and fell out. I find the best seal happens when the pads are lightly moistened. Unlike many reports I didn't find them uncomfortable and wore them all day. Tell a lie, the main body, if incorrectly positioned can press against the ear folds causing mild irritation. Remedied by minor adjustments. The earpads themselves caused no pain at all. Not using the headband means there is no pressure on the ears at all and it is very easy to get a good seal, easily confirmed by humming, as the hum appears inside your head like when you put your fingers in your ears.

In other words, do it!

Just recently got gifted some Sony WH-1000XM3 headphones. Anyone have any experience with them? I’m currently just using 2 meme pair of ATH-50x’s, and having to charge headphones to be able to listen to them sounds like a fucking ballache

Would appreciate anyone who might know if they’re worth swapping over to

>ported modern stax
Who thought this was a good idea?

i just want the Stax marketing team to stop raiding my /hpg/
they made me do this

did you receive them with receipts?
if so, try to return them and consider spending towards a STAX suite

Which flavour?

Attached: CB0149F8-5BB7-45D7-96AD-A11347057ABC.jpg (300x295, 29K)

Holy s#%t these things are good, not good for the price but seriously good in a seriously good way. The bass is phenomenal, more so than most people give them credit, in both amount and definition yet it didn't seem out of place. The music has great depth and body, I was grinning from ear to ear! I believe there is some mid-bass emphasis going on here but it isn't diestracting and doesn't appear chesty or boomy at all. The bass is nicely textured and effortlessly deep, I mean these go places Dynamics and planers haven’t ventured yet. Incredible!

The midrange is as previously reported by others, absolutely beautiful. Fluid, smooth and delicious come to mind. Vocals are a delight, instruments are clear and well defined, it just sounds right in a warm and ear caressing way. Sibilance? Not with these babys unless there is some seriously bad recording in the pipe. I would even go so far as the say these are amongst the very best I have ever heard in the mids. What is even more astounding is that they have a real soundstage!

great input user. I feel the same way.
at first I was hesistant to spend all that money on Stax but they truly are worth their salt.

No.
Lower model l300 is just bad. More expensive models money buys you speakers.

>srax
No bass.

>ctrl-f, no stax
lmao get rekt

crinacle.com/ranking-list/

DON'T get the srm-001/002 amp and don't get the d10 if you can snag a kingsound amp. sr-003 (the one with the pro bias cable) + kingsound m-03 + CES-A1

I don't want to come off as a big-ass fanboy here but these are the first 'phone I've ever felt moved enough by to want to write about in any dedicated way rather than as part of a general 'phone discussion. I was a little sceptical when people said these were probably the best kept secret in hi-fi but really, I do believe they are just that. They are amazing little things and I went from song to song becoming increasingly impressed as time went on. I tried them with numerous genres and they aced them all. Above all, I think these are plain fun to listen to, toe-tapping, head banging fun.

At their price levels, for me they are simply unbeatable. Annoying really, considering how much I spent on the other headphones before I SAW THE LIGHT

>all these Staxshills
anyways, please recommend me a budget bookshelf speakers
around $100

One thing you must be aware of; don't forget to monitor your volume level. Before you know it you will be pounding your eardrums but you won't realise it because of the smooth sound.

Edifier R1280T

How about the Audeze iSine20? I see no one talk about Stax earphones.

Yeah, I did find that. I was really enjoying the sound when I realised I was up at 4.5 on the richter scale... oops, I normally don't go above 4! But they sound so damn good it's hard to resist. I didn’t know there was a strong STAX gang here!

Oh my... Is THAT really a thing anywhere on Earth? It looks disgusting.