I am a C/C++ programmer and I use VS code. How long will it take me to learn EMACS? And where do I start...

I am a C/C++ programmer and I use VS code. How long will it take me to learn EMACS? And where do I start? I can only find 5-hour lectures on YouTube on why is it good, not how to use it.

Attached: teaser.png (962x659, 96K)

Stop wasting productivity for the sake of memes

Studying things like Emacs or Classic Vi is like to study philosophy of science. Plebs do not get it and do not understand why, classically minded people are appreciating enjoying greatly.

If you do not know who Joe Armstrong or Robert M. Pirsig are - do not bother.

You could learn it instead of shitposting on a taiwanese knitting board.

Not too long.

Look up the common keychords.
Most everything can be done from the gui though.

Why would you use VS code insteald of Visual Studio for C/C++?
Hyperbrainlet detected.

Remember the moment he said he was on windows ?

Yeah me neither

Meant to say Visual Studio

C/C++ isn't a programming language. Try again.

why you want to switch

shieeeet
should have learn scratch all along

Scratch is too sophisticated for anyone too dumb to realise that C and C++ are really nothing alike in this day and age.

memes. I hear its faster

ctrl+x then ctrl+s to save. ctrl+f to open a file. ctrl+x then b to switch between open files. Now just print off an emacs cheatsheet and keep it under your keyboard.
You'll get a hang of it in a week or so.

Just use inteliJ (C/C++ version is named Clion I believe) with vim mode like a sane human being.

Attached: TPG.jpg (2992x2000, 2.21M)

No it isn't, because it's a pair of programming languages, ESL mong

>Robert M. Pirsig
a loon
>he and his second wife Wendy Kimball decided not to abort the child they conceived in 1980 because he believed that this unborn child — later their daughter Nell — was a continuation of the "life pattern" that Chris had occupied.

whoever that computer belongs to is not ever getting laid without a decent bank account or very low standards.

Are you telling me that you're an ESL mong?
It explains your misunderstanding of what the / means in this scenario.

>C++
Kill self

>Are you telling me that you're an ESL mong?
Of course a third worlder like you can't be expected to understand complex language constructs like the vocative comma. Sorry for assuming otherwise!

he doesn't want to use .NET middleware?

Also Visual Studio for C? Why the fuck would you do that?

Third world?
Now you're telling me that you're a third world ESL mong?
Wow. How did you get access to the internet?

ergoemacs.org

it'll take you the time it takes to do the tutorial and read the manual

take xah with a grain of salt, he's got his way of doing things which isn't generally the norm as far as emacs users goes

Instead of Kekmacs, learn Vim. Vim is the editor.

Seriously, if you want to learn Vim, can start gently with Vim keybindings in VSCode.
And install vim, launch vimtutor, and read it along from beg to end. Next, write your .vimrc and experiment.
If you want to learn Emacs, there probably also some interactive tutorial inside Emacs, C-h t (press ctrl+h, then t). I am not sure, if is this that shortcut.

user_name = "OP"
Print("Fuck " + user_name + ".")

use Mike Zamasky tutorials on YouTube and learn some lisp, Emacs is comfy if set right
(Install evil-mode as well, default bindings are shit)

>I can only find 5-hour lectures on YouTube on why is it good,

Being able to spend five hours talking about why it's good is a prerequisite to learning to use it.

intelliJ's vim mode suckssssssssssssssss

is this meant to be python?, if so, no need to for plus signs

print("Fuck", OP + ".")

Why are you arguing like a literal Jew?

don't learn emacs, learn spacemacs

a pleb is unaware of cland and lsp-mode or Languageclient-neovim

don't listen to idiots

learn BOTH emacs and neovim