What's a good opensource way to do my taxes?

What's a good opensource way to do my taxes?

Attached: taxes.png (1312x881, 503K)

Other urls found in this thread:

usa.usembassy.de/etexts/democrac/9.htm
github.com/ledger/ledger
imgur.com/a/OyOid
twitter.com/AnonBabble

post your forms here and we'll do them for you

Jow Forums does taxes would be an epic thing to watch.

Pay an Asian to do it for you

>anno domini 2019
>Still needing to do taxes manually
Is this the so called Freedomâ„¢ I keep hearing about?

Are you a business owner or something?

LibreOffice calc and work them out for yourself

Pay it with cash.

>Jow Forums does taxes would be an epic thing to watch.

Attached: tyo3tyt4czcjou0d1glt.jpg (700x1024, 148K)

Us neets don't know a damn thing about taxes, not have ever filed them.

Make zero money and don't file.

Write "I lost all my taxes in a boat accident" on your forms

there's nothing in the Constitution about paying taxes. the IRS is an illegal entity.

The mail you dipshit

Serious answer is that there's no open source way to do it, but freetaxusa let's you file free online and is way better than the absolute pile of dogshit that is turbotax

That would make them too suspicious. I already "lost" all my guns in a boating accident last year.

You can use an open source browser like Firefox to connect to one of the web-based tax prep services/sites?

Aside from that though, this is really a cogent point. The government (all governments) should, if they require tax filing the way the US does at all (I recall it is simpler and better in many EU and/or Nordic nations), should basically commission a free and open source tax prep software for everyone to use and file be it online or by mail. They can enforce standards (ie all taxes are only accepted digitally via this royalty free standard we use, so all software including ours supports it etc) and generally make things better for everyone. It should really be quite simple.

Evade taxes

True freetards live in the streets begging for money and coding obscure utilities in C on openBSD so they have no taxes to pay

UBER ! ther have some shit where you can order a taxi like anywhere and their taxes are fast

this desu, never had to file anything

Stop paying taxes.

Attached: taxation_is_theft.png (1629x3990, 847K)

Then they'll want to collect sales tax on the boat since you didn't pay luxury tax on it last year so you clearly acquired it this year.

>luxury tax
What is this, Monopoly?

Well we still have to send it ourselves, but 99% of times all you need to do is login and check if your employer declared your income correctly. Everything else is already pre filled.

Pay them. It was just a shitty tin rowboat.

Call the IRS and have them mail you all the necessary forms, then fill them out and mail them back. No proprietary software necessary.

Creditkarma

Technoanarchocapitalism when?

The US provides all the forms you need to file taxes. In fact the vast majority of you would be able to file just using a 1099EZ. You just don't understand how the forms work so you think it is difficult. H&R Block/Turbotax make their money by literally just putting a UI over your taxes.

pen and paper, you absolute brainlet.

yeah send in your taxes so I can collect my neetbux.

pen and paper

idk to be honest

Attached: hqdefault (2).jpg (480x360, 9K)

then i'll tell them that I lost the boat in a separate boating accident. When they ask about the second boat, I'll tell them its boats all the way down

> Paper is not free
> No official repo for Paper's source code

Paper and pen ain't Free and open source, so probably botnet

It's literally a thing. You pay it on some items and the amount depends on the value and type of item.

Then they'll tax you for having a ship-shipping ship that ships shipping ships.

Attached: pB0VXKq_d.jpg (640x341, 26K)

>No official repo for Paper's source code
Yes there is. It has a lot of branches to sort through though and takes years to clone.

Attached: Birnbaum_am_Lerchenberg_retouched.jpg (310x269, 30K)

>You pay it on some items and the amount depends on the value and type of item.
Usually a form of Super Tax. But during the '90s austerity period there was a Luxury Car Tax in my country for vehicles over $50,000. Oddly, SUVs weren't taxed as these were seen as agricultural vehicles. Range Rovers everywhere.

I've always wondered. If there is two of you and you're paying rent, and the other one transfers half of the rent to you which is then taken out of your account in full by the agency, does that half rent money transferred to your account need to be declared or something as not income?

libreoffice calc running on fsf approved distro

Does everything have to be mentioned in the constitution?

heh

Do an accounting major.

>doing state taxes
>they want me to recall every internet purchase I made in 2018 where I didn't pay sales tax and then send them a check for sales tax I didn't pay

Attached: 1391294292545.jpg (342x329, 34K)

afaik you don't actually need to do that. they're hoping some illiterate boomers think it's necessary and pay up, since it's a "voluntary payment"

I love seeing americlaps cry every tax season.

You know if you make less than the standard deduction ($12,000), you don't pay taxes and you get a refund on any state or federal withholdings.
The real way to win is to make poverty wages, pay no taxes and then sign up for every welfare program under the sun.

Article 1, Section 8, Clause 1:
>"The Congress shall have Power to lay and collect Taxes, Duties, Imposts and Excises, to pay the Debts and provide for the common Defence and general Welfare of the United States; but all Duties, Imposts and Excises shall be uniform throughout the United States."

The 16th amendment also provides that Congress may specifically tax income if it so chooses.

Thus, the Constitution DOES provide that Congress can make you pay taxes. The IRS is just the entity created by Congress to both manage the revenues from said taxes and also enforce the laws when you are not acting in accordance with the tax code.

More or less. The Constitution is the supreme law of the land, and it enumerates the powers of each of the branches of government. Where there is a conflict because Congress is either enforcing a power it was not given by the Constitution, or is enforcing a power explicitly forbidden from it by the Constitution, the Constitution always takes precedence. In Marbury vs. Madison, Congress tried to give the Supreme Court original jurisdiction over a case where it should only have had appellate jurisdiction. The Supreme Court ruled that not only was this invalid, but that for the Constitution to have any meaning at all, it must necessarily be held above everything else, such that if a law is repugnant to the Constitution, that law is null and void.

Please read the opinion of the court on this matter if you have any questions about the Constitution's supremacy. It's a good read:

usa.usembassy.de/etexts/democrac/9.htm

How come no one has mentioned this?

github.com/ledger/ledger

Another option is LibreOffice calc, but if you like muh Unix tools, this is great.

The sale price included sales tax and was paid by the seller.

Just do it in paper ?

NEET of 3+ years here. I have never filed or worked a regular job. How do I sign up for welfare stuff?

Paperwork is something useful to manage your bills.

>the Constitution is the supreme law of the land
Yet it has been changed, democratically. Often under false pretenses, like the income tax.

The constitution is just paper and has no power. It hinges on the governments willingness to follow it or not. See "shall not be infringed". All branches of government just decided it was okay to infringe.

So what? Afraid to tell them about your dragon dildos, you filthy weeb?

Just curious, but how does your tax system then handle stuff like someone working a part time job on the side, or changes in household size? Those could easy impact where in the tax brackets your income falls.

Or here in the States we can deduct things like interest on mortgages & student loans, charitable contributions, medical expenses, child care expenses, and so on - can you not do that in your location? Two people working the same job for the same pay could have very different amounts of tax to pay.

Just follow Uncle Remus's Guide to Neetbux
imgur.com/a/OyOid

It's some of the finest work Jow Forums as ever done.

Attached: remus.jpg (257x196, 5K)

>live in yurop
>log into the government tax website
>confirm the info they have on me is right without even looking
>done in 3 minutes

The open source way is not paying taxes

While it's still not completed, we've been working towards a fully centralized system (surely helped by the fact that we're a small country), and for what isn't done yet, see , that falls within the 1%, and even still all you need is to fill the outliers.

>mfw I anticipated this and made a folder of email receipts labeled "Taxes/2019/No sales tax paid"
[spoiler]>tfw I owed an extra $96 because RightStufAnime doesn't collect sales tax[/spoiler]

Attached: Bee yourself stung.jpg (960x925, 217K)

you don't have to do this. i never did when i lived in CT and they asked me to. states need to legislate it at the seller level if they want taxes collected on online purchases.
however FUCK NEWEGG for willingly handing over all CT purchases. a few years ago CT said they were starting to look into taxing online merchants, and without being asked or anything, newegg willingly gave up all CT users who made purchases to them in the past couple years. i'll never use that fucking cuck company again.