What is the unironic /gee/ opinion on pic related

Attached: images.png (530x190, 8K)

Absolutely based.

I fail to see what it brings to the state of the art.

Cute mascot

Irrelevant and absolutely without marketing.

Rust is, unfotunately, the way to go.

Nim, Crystal, D and Go are pretty much competing for the same niche. What Nim, D and Crystal have that Go does not is an advanced type system.

In the words of the late great, Lim bim bim bim bong fatang ole' biscuit barrel, What the fuck is Nim?

Too little, too late.

Nim is a great language

Compiling a hello world to C makes a 3000 lines .c file

'Everything and the kitchen sink' language which (surprise) hasn't found a niche in which it offers something other languages doesn't.

I remember looking at two Nim projects when I was evaluating it and the codebases looked like they were written in different languages.

What is stdio.h

Nim is great

I don't know what it is so it's bad, bloat and botnet

Incredibly well-designed. It is pragmatic, yet expressive. Its type system brushes shoulders with Haskell and its metaprogramming features brush shoulders with Lisp, its platform compatibility is close to C, but is as easy to write as Python. I've brought Nim into my workplace, and I'm hoping other people are, too.

It's gaining steam, but without a big multi-billion-dollar behemoth behind it, things are going to take time.

Attached: megunim.jpg (1200x800, 182K)

yet still produces a significantly smaller executable than Rust.

It's the "weird flex but ok" of languages

>Compiling a hello world to C makes a 3000 lines .c file
you probably are the retard that reimplements rellacoators in every single fucking project

Rust is tranny garbage anything is better than rust.

Go is obvious winner between those. Barely anyone uses any of the other three

Rent free.

Too early to tell in the case of Nim and Crystal.

incrediblyWellDesigned
incredibly_well_designed

good one

>Incredibly well-designed. It is pragmatic, yet expressive. Its type system brushes shoulders with Haskell and its metaprogramming features brush shoulders with Lisp, its platform compatibility is close to C, but is as easy to write as Python. I've brought Nim into my workplace, and I'm hoping other people are, too.
cringe to the max