>Example gaming builds; click on blue titles to see notes
pcpartpicker.com/user/pcbg/saved/
>How to assemble a PC
youtube.com/watch?v=69WFt6_dF8g

Want help?
>State the budget & CURRENCY
>Post at least some attempt at a parts list
>List your uses, e.g. Gaming, Video Editing, VM Work
>For monitors, include purpose (e.g., photo editing, gaming) and graphics card pairing (if applicable)

CPUs based on current pricing:
>Athlon 200GE - HTPC, web browsing, bare minimum gaming (can be OC'd on some MSI mobos)
>R3 2200G - Recommended minimum gaming
>R5 2600/X - Good gaming & multithreaded work use CPUs
>i7-9700k - Good for gaming
>R7 2700/X - Best high-end CPU on a non-HEDT platform
>Threadripper/Used Xeon - HEDT

RAM:
>Always choose at least a two stick kit; 2x 8GB is recommended
>CPUs benefit from high speed RAM; 3000CL15 or 3400CL16 is ideal
>All AMD chipsets and Intel Z chipsets support XMP

Graphics cards based on current pricing:
>Used cards can be had for a steal; inquire about warranty
1080p
>GTX 1060 6gb, RX 570, RX 580 for older or less demanding titles
>RTX 2060/GTX 1660ti High framerate 1080p gaming, beware of only 6gb of vram for longevity
1440p
>RTX 2060/GTX 1660ti Highish (60-100) framerate 1440p gaming, especially beware of only 6gb of vram at this resolution
>RTX 2080 if you're looking for very high (100+) framerate and you have a CPU and monitor to match
2160p (4k)
>RTX 2080
>RTX 2080 Ti is better, but very expensive

General:
>PLAN YOUR BUILD AROUND YOUR MONITOR IF GAMING
>A 256GB or larger SSD is almost mandatory; consider m.2 form factor
>Bottleneck checkers are worthless
>rentry.co/pcbg-more

Previous:

Attached: FH.png (1327x1225, 73K)

Other urls found in this thread:

intel.com/content/dam/www/public/us/en/documents/product-briefs/g41-chipset-brief.pdf
m.youtube.com/watch?v=pfnzHA3-MhM
userbenchmark.com/UserRun/15084760
userbenchmark.com/UserRun/15114712
userbenchmark.com/UserRun/15116636
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Anyone recommending 6Gb VRAM for newer games in 1440p is a moron.

nth for being a mindless AMDrone

Attached: 1489421658644.png (653x726, 84K)

>intel
Yikes!

is a GTX 1050 TI 4GB a good cheap-end card?

rx570 is the same price and way faster

For 1080p yes

It's an obscenely good perf/watt card. If you don't care because you're on a desktop, consider something else though.
Like an AMD card wink.

>subtle AMD shill
lol!

even less subtle one

>you need a 2080ti for 1440p goy just buy it

Attached: tomsnvmerchant.png (500x500, 70K)

Why do people act like liking AMD is a bad thing when this is a FOSS friendly board and most people run linux? Intel and nvidia are the enemies of free software.

do m.2 ssd need a heatsink?
I know NVMe throttles without but what I want is longevity

Are AMD CPU's incompatible with Speccy or something? When I start up Speccy, it shows my Ryzen 7 2700X (with either the stock cooler or a liquid cooler, and yes, with proper thermal paste applied) as like 97-103*C. However, when I immediately shut it down and take off the cooler, the CPU and heat sink are cool to the touch. Or when it says 100 degrees and I immediately boot into the BIOS, the motherboard says that the temperature is like 43*C or less. Clearly the CPU is not getting that hot, but Speccy seems to be unable to show the real temperature.

Can the AMDrone stop making these generals? Its literally just false bias Information and i feel bad for people who actually read and believe this garbage. No mention that a used 1080ti is a fantastic card for 1440p for cheap, and the r7 2700 is the best high end processor? You can't possibly be this stupid.

Newb here. Why *wouldn't* you want to install it with a heat sink?

>1 game screenshot of a benchmark that favors AMD instead of an average of many games. All cards that outperform Radeon 7 are removed.
>you are just le jews if you are unhappy about us being selective with the game and cards that we enter into the competition goy
lol

>still refuses to fix the fucking op
pathetic

If it was up to me i would rearrange the OP to
1080p
>580 good for another year, maybe 2, longer if you're fine with turning down settings or sub-60fps
>1070/1660Ti/Vega56 for rock solid 60fps at ultra settings, on average much more. good for another 3 years before you have to turn down settings or deal with sub-60 fps.
1440p
>Vega64/2060 the bare fucking minimum. You will have to turn down settings or get used to sub-60 fps depending on the title. will last you maybe another year or two if you're lucky before you have to really turn down fidelity or get used to playing at 40ish fps.
>2070/2080 for rock solid 60 fps and then some. will easily last you for another 3-4 years. maybe a bit less for the 70. Radeon 7 is disqualified because of it's noise. It's just as bad as the 290x or 295x2 was and costs exactly as much as a 2080. Steer clear.

You wouldn't be able to tell if you only care about the programming part of this board, but here on the hardware side we have mostly crossboarders from /v/.

>Are AMD CPU's incompatible with Speccy or something

Pretty much. I shit myself when I first turned on my pc with a 2600. Time to delete speccy, friend.

shills should be hated regardless of what company they worship. Be it amd, intel, nvidia or anything for that matter.

thanks

Which GPU is the best value for 1440p gaming?
I want to spend like 300-400 €.

HWiNFO64 for example is closer to the needs of Jow Forums power users, so consider using that.

Used 1070.

Which manufacturer would you recommend?

Currently, that'd be Vega 56 if your country has it for >$300 like mine. Especially if you don't mind making it a lot better in a few clicks with this one weird trick.

. I'm not very smart hehehe.

Radeon VII already in fine wine mode, BASED

Ok, good, it's not just me. Yes, I shit myself too. I immediately shut the computer off, got the water cooler off the CPU as fast as I could, wiped off the factory thermal paste, reapplied my own thermal new paste, much more gratuitously, and then tightened it back down, breaking one of the fucking standoffs in overtightening it. So, I'm using the stock fan CPU heat sink right now, but seeing the same thing in Speccy.

MSI or ASUS strix are good picks

asides aesthetic I heard something about the memory controller needing the cooling but the memory chips themselves work better when warm

tbqh i can't find any at a reasonable price here

Evga are solid. Literally.

What the fuck is wrong with this retarded fucking game?

Attached: ARMA.png (1328x1225, 60K)

everything

Oh damn. I turned mine off straight away and looked it up online on my phone before re-seating etc. You could've saved a lot of hassle. Ah well, at least now you know that it's all working fine. And that's the only thing that really matters now.

You are a fucking retard

Filtered

Old and shitty

Great rebuttal, retard.

Is buying a used 1080Ti for 4K gaming a good idea? I'm worried that a used card might have been fucked by bitcoin mining

You are fucking gay for posting that picture and making that comment

Should i go with new Ryzen 5 1600x or used i5 4690k for gaming? If i can get something similar but cheaper would be great.

Attached: don't judge.png (445x410, 21K)

It's obviously CPU bound.

What about 1080p, while achieving 144fps +?

>Our test system for this review was comprised of an Intel Core i9-9900K clocked at 5 GHz with 32GB of DDR4-3400 memory
lol

entry level 1440p maybe you'll have to adjust some settings or a 2080. But it depends on the game.

>being this delusional

Attached: 1493240095580.png (676x772, 56K)

My motherboard has two RAM pci slots. When I built the PC, I opted to go with 1 8gb 2133 DDR4 ram. If I find a stick of ram from the same manufacturer with the same specs, can I add it? How much of a disadvantage would that be versus having a paired set of 8gb sticks?

Attached: 1548656216117.png (624x624, 335K)

Notice the typical amd drone tactics

>If I find a stick of ram from the same manufacturer with the same specs, can I add it?
Yes, this generally works
>How much of a disadvantage would that be versus having a paired set of 8gb sticks?
there's a small chance that it might not, if they changed the underlying model of memory chip on that brand of memory in a way that your CPU doesn't like or something. This is a very small risk, though. Other than that, nothing.

Attached: mCz4wRE.png (1800x950, 295K)

arma has always had terrible cpu optimization. so when a 1070 gets 11fps less than a 2080Ti you know the cpu is the bottleneck.

enlo friends,

from this website i found out that the max MHz that my mobo supports is 1333 Mhz

If I were to buy two sticks of rab, 4gb each at 1600 MHz, would the pc work just fine?

intel.com/content/dam/www/public/us/en/documents/product-briefs/g41-chipset-brief.pdf

ok thank you

That's not a CPU bottleneck dude the game engine is fucking busted.

I have this shitty HP Slimline s5713w. Would any HP Slimline s5000 PSU work as a proper replacement?

Not him but its the same thing

Why not r5 2600?

It will work but at 1333 mhz

alright thx

Building PC but it has no display output, either iGPU or Radeon 7450 graphics card. CPU fan starts and spins up, constantly loud, not deceasing. No system fan, maybe that's the issue? What could be the issue? Tried various RAM, aswell.

I've tried it, plugged into the GPU and the motherboard (with GPU disconnected) to the same results.
>Do a CMOS battery reset. Or a motherboard reset so it defaults to igpu.
How do I do this?

Thanks to the folks whom helped me find a Xeon. I was looking for one because I wanted to replace my Q8200 with something that allowed more freedom with what GPU can be inside it.

What do you do with your old systems?

If I add up the values of my old CPU, GPU, PSU and monitor (I wouldn't keep my old monitor since it only has D-Sub and DVI-D inputs, neither of which are on my new graphics card), I think I can get around $250 through a combination of ebay and maybe Craigslist for the monitor. If I try to sell the case, RAM and the motherboard, MAYBE another $50. This system cost me around $1300 new, and it works OK right now (the motherboard is unreliable and sometimes won't boot up, but as long as I don't turn it off, it's a functional computer.

My current PSU is 220w. If i get a new CPU thats 95w, and a gpu thats 50w, will i be able to edge along without spending more money?

thinking about getting an i7 8700 (non K), but I hear the temps can get really high. Any cooler recommendations? Or should I save money on a cooler and just get an i7 8700k? Regardless, mainly looking for solid CPU cooler recommendations.

>What do you do with your old systems?
When in doubt; LAN THAT BITCH! SET UP SERVERS ALL OVER IT FOR DIFFERENT GAMES! HELL, MAKE IT A GUEST COMPUTER FOR LAN PARTIES AT YOUR PLACE! THE CHOICE IS YOURS M'BOY!

...either that or sell it.

..I'm sorry for being a LANfag.

i don't have enough money

>Arma

Answered your question

are they saying that the single fan will have less noise and heat?

Attached: 5b60efdf-8013-42ba-b8c7-ae77b325c5c0._CR0,0,1464,600_PT0_SX1464__.jpg (1464x600, 146K)

Used 1070/Ti, or new Vega 56.

Person posting that was shilling the 1660Ti for 1440p. A 6Gb card.
Sure it's fine for some games, but it's shit for many others.

1050Ti is terrible value. Only worthwhile if you can't replace a pre-built PSU since they can run without a 6/8 pin connector.

Not to mention having a backup is always nice in case you need to troubleshoot your main computer or grab a spare of any part to, again, troubleshoot.

Ryzen 2600 is $15 more than the 1600 lol

They are trying to sell both of them to you and forgetting how to explain which one is the superior product. I fucking hate marketing departments for doing that.

Mmm. Honestly, I want to do a goddamn complete overhaul of my old Q8200, sell the motherboard and everything inside for scrap parts for a nicer PC worth making a sleeper.

m.youtube.com/watch?v=pfnzHA3-MhM
kys idiot

Maybe I'll just take the hard drive out and put the whole fucking thing up on Craigslist in hopes that someone will see the value of the parts as a bundle.

>I fucking hate marketing departments for doing that
'tis but business. It's not forcing you to buy both, but rather more it's showcasing advantages one might have over the other for certain types of people. I agree that the whole "Lower noise profile" for 1660ti is just utter fucking bullcrap.

Less fans with a larger heatsink is generally less noise, yes, of course.
That is quite a large heatsink on the 2.75 slot card.

>my source is the shill who recommended 3Gb cards before finally half-heartedly admitting he was wrong despite his own benchmarks showing how awful it was
lol

Then you're out one PC user. Unless you have the money for another, I'd say hold what you got. At least take the goddamn GPU with ya' lad.

>A 6Gb card.
is fiiiine, for majority of games and in the few that it isn't you can just take one setting from texutres or shadows from absolute max to high.
For most people the price and performance are more important than having generous amount of VRAM.

Show what game uses more than 6gigs moron

Attached: Screenshot_2019-02-25-22-27-24-365_com.google.android.youtube.png (1920x1080, 559K)

Don't do that. Decent PSUs twice as powerful start at like fifty bucks.

I wish I could be a LANfag. Nobody I know LANs anymore, and most of them have moved away and I live in a podunk remote exurb in flyover country.

Apex Legends, RE2

Yet 2060 performs better than 8gb cards at both lmao

>show me one game
K now stop posting.

Attached: muh games only use 3gb i mean 6gb i mean 8gb i mean 11gb.jpg (576x768, 43K)

n-nooooooooooo! Buy vega!

...please, I need help..

So you admit there's none
Cool

Become the LANfag. Get old PCs, stick decent budget CPUs in em, get cheap monitors, set them up with an extension cord and BAM! THE DEED IS DONE! GET BUDDIES OVER AND HAVE THE NIGHT OF YOUR LIVES!

I've got several laptops. I don't hold LAN parties or any other kind of normalfag parties. The GPU was a mid tier model 6 years ago and my new one is higher quality.

Finished building my PC, and I've some issues.
Note that the MOBO and GPU are used but still under warranty. So here's the thing:
>First benchmark, fire, I love it. PUBG works fine (+150FPS) and all.
>Then PUBG freezes the PC (when GPU temp hits 70C degrees); I speed up the fans, everything good
>Then PUBG drops to 50FPS
>New benchmark, shit af

Benchs are pic related, can be found here:
First bench: userbenchmark.com/UserRun/15084760
New bench: userbenchmark.com/UserRun/15114712
userbenchmark.com/UserRun/15116636

When I do the bench right after starting the PC it's find, but after like 30mins I experience these results.

Attached: 1080 Ti.png (750x475, 52K)

okay

Awww Damnit. They're fun though.

>GPU are used
What a fucking idiot buying miners dying up trash.

*GPUs, sorry spelling mistakes.

Actually I bought it to a company using it to do 3D rendering, so I think they were qualified not to destroy the card
Do you think it's the GPU ? Should I then use the warranty ?

Can you use a 4-5 year old SSD with a Gigabyte
Z370P D3?

What's the form factor?
Does the motherboard support said form factor if it's an M.2-2280?

> I bought it to a company using it to do 3D rendering
YOU FUCKING IDIOT THATS THE OLDEST cover story in the book, right next to "I bought it for 1 month but didn't have time to play on it now I have other shit I need money for and need to sell it quick, card practically new"
and
"yeah bro I just have 10 1080tis around to sell, but trust me not used for mining"

I fucking warned you idiots so many times, but you just can't resist a a jew offering you a good deal for a good goy.