>no known backend infra for it like Spring for Java
>can't be used on web
>secondary option for both Windows and Android

Attached: cpp-logo.png (195x195, 25K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.cppreference.com/w/cpp/types#Type_traits_.28since_C.2B.2B11.29
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>needing a library for GUI shit
The absolute state of normie programmers.

>Is seppels dead meme now?
what? you're trying too hard, say what you want to say f4m.

>(((Mozilla Foundation)))

Yes, good goy, use (((rust))) developed by (((mozilla foundation))) !!

Attached: 1485010936741.png (270x326, 4K)

>mfw this is the best "argument" you can come up with
Rust is the future.
>inb4 muh coc
only applies if you're contributing to rust itself

Fuck off kike. Everyone will be using D soon.

>only C++ GUI toolkit is Qt with small company responsible for it
wrong gtk+ and gtkmm have existed for years!
>can't be used on web
wrong again. c++ can be used on the backend as well as the frontend (using CGI/SCGI/FCGI and web assembly)

Anything can be used for the web fucking Reddit zoomer refugee. Anything can open sockets and follow HTTP. Please refrain from posting until your brain has developed.

Kek why are webdevs so retarded

But it has to be browser-friendly flamalam

>state of C++
>still failing hard being C with bloat
>Rust still lying about safety and not being used
>C and Ada still running everything at the low level
>Assembly will never be replaced

Respond to every request with appropriate packets containing necessary HTTP headers and HTML to render.

Says the person using an OS written in C++ with drivers written in C++, using a browser written in C++ to send packets across several routers with the firmware written in C++ to talk to a server also using C++ both on it's OS and HTTP/SQL/PHP server.

Yeah those exist so there is no real value add on C++ and making new disruptions is faster with sane languages like Python and JS. Not a single startup uses C++, it's walking dead career deadend.

Well yes, if you want to be a code monkey, learning C++ is quite useless.
It's pretty much like learning how to pilot fighter jets to get a job on some burger flipping joints.

>most of the shit that actually functions with Windows, written in C
>most of the infuriating shit about Windows that makes you want to shoot your computer on a daily basis, written in C++

Really makes you think.

Everything on windows is quite gritting in terms of API.
At least nothing is as bad as Direct X prior to 8 anymore.

>rust is shit no need to argue with me
>C# and java both require non free components (dot net framework and jvm)
>wxWidgets is a great GUI library
>CppCMS is used by many companies, including (((them)))
>nothing can be used on web, except for flash/js. but why would you want fucking C++ to be sent and run with html
>windows is literally build on win32 C++ and C. Android is based on java which is why phones today need 3 GB memory to function
all in all this is a shit bait and reused more than your mom. sage/10

Attached: 1519751428108.jpg (680x649, 69K)

The android itself is made in C++ but have a java interpreter to run programs, but you can also write native C++ code for it as well since forever.

But many, many people just use the java crap interface instead of native.

>>no known backend infra for it like Spring for Java
Oracle's jvm is a pretty popular backend technology and it's written in C++.

>QT is the only C++ GUI framework
Almost had me going there lol

I thought jvm was free? Is there a paid version?

>reinventing the wheel

Lisp is still insuperable

Life is too short to program in C++

Attached: 1460623005667.png (1127x685, 37K)

Suffocate on fumers, lispers can't even make a text editor, rsi parenteheses.

This is why most C++ programmers use a shitton of libraries.
you libwheel instead of reinventing the wheel.

>Assembly will never be replaced

LLVM

>memes memes memes
And this is why lisp is the definitive brainlet filter

.net core is open source

Hardware LLVM when?

>>C and Ada still running everything at the low level
>Ada
In a handful of applications perhaps.

Butthurt rust trannies

>can't be used on web
how has no one mentioned web assembly

Wrong, I like Ada. But really, where is it used outside some high-integrity or mission-critical systems in a small number of domains?

So much bullshit in one post. Openjdk is free. Android is not based on Java either.

It's still the best language for competitive programming.

C is also nearing its obsolescence. All hail Zig!

Attached: zig logo.png (905x240, 11K)

I have one word for you, OP: vidya.

>Jow Forums
>knowing anything about useful technology
yeah, no.

>CppCMS is used by many companies, including (((them)))
name a few.

Why the fuck do I even keep coming here? Oh yeah, it's because there is no good technology board left. Fuck. /tech/ is weak as well.

enterprises need to pay to recieve update for java 8 from now on.

wxwidgets is also a thing

/thread

the fate of a language designed by a committee

> like Spring for Java

thank god

so, migrate to fucking openjdk

>yfw Rust is the best language for wasm
there are also really good backend and even frontend frameworks for Rust -- given time I think it will largely replace js

Can someone mention some things Rust objectively does better than modern C++?
C is garbage, sure, everyone knows that, but I fail to see why someone would use Rust (which is the favorite scapegoat of Cniles) over C++.

zig in arabic is a slang for dick
fitting name desu
jerusalem post

C is the favorite scapegoat of Rust fags you tranny. They blame C for literally every problem ever created in the world. The only problem they are right in is that C led to C++.

> Everyone will be using D soon.

I wish. I mean really. For all the missteps it's taken, it really is the most sane option for the general problem space at this point.

Shame it uses llvm.
Would be neat if it had a complete self-hosted toolchain.

Trait objects used to be pretty good but now Rustlets are making them even more boilerplatey than they already were
constrained generics and impl trait were pretty good but C++20 has them both, and the first one could (sorta) be done as early as C++98

That would be nice, but as mostly a one-man project it wouldn't be able to compete with C on performance.

Every big, worthwhile PC game that makes hundred millions of dollars on sales then later in e-sports is written C++.

except the indie games which actually make individual people rich, which are written in proprietary scipting languages for engines or java, C# (minecraft, stardew valley)

Sum types
Switch case
string_view vs &str
Generics use a single system for dynamic and static dispatch instead of 2 completely different systems

other games like slay the spire are written in java too

and also copy/move semantics are much clearer in Rust and no rule of 3/5
And deriving traits is pretty nice

>and also copy/move semantics are much clearer in Rust
spamming clone might be clear but it's ugly as fuck
>no rule of 3/5
the rule of 5 only applies if you're writing classes that need manual destructors. Implementing the rule of 5 is as rare as implementing Drop in Rust.

std::move is pretty ugly too so I guess if you copy a lot C++ is more elegant and if you move a lot it's the opposite.

Fuck sepples, I loathe every moment I have to deal with it. Either use C for low level or some higher level languages like C# or Python and call it a day.
t. professional C++ systems dev

Considering you get move for free on temporary values (aka the majority of the objects you want to move) I don't think it's a biggie.

Shit bait

Tried rust the other day, it's a bit like C mixed with Python. Quite impressed.

>only C++ GUI toolkit is Qt with small company responsible for it
immediate mode GUIs are growing in popularity and the best ones are written in C++
you also forget frameworks like JUCE
all of these can be exposed to the web via webassembly
>can't be used on web
are you talking about front end? if so you're wrong because webassembly
for backend see boost asio, boost beast

>Rust is advancing where C and C++ reign
those delusions

How the fuck is C a scapegoat when it led to literal billions of dollars wasted due to security issues?

It's a scapegoat because rustfags fantasize that those losses could be avoided, when in reality they could not.

They can, and we already had better languages long before Rust even existed.

I really wonder if this rust idiocy is a coordinated effort to get people to like C++ again. You see this army of colossal cunts attack C++ at every corner, and your opinion of C++ involuntary improves.

C is incredibly deprecated and doesn't stand up to modern needs. Its type system is pathetic. It didn't have atomics or generics before the steaming-hot turd called C11. It has no RAII. The VLA status changed from nonstandard to standard to nondeterministically standard. It doesn't even perform that well due to the lack of zero-cost abstractions. It still relies on pthread which is garbage. It has no standard building system, and a lot of syntactic dogshit (e.g. typedef and casts). Also, compiler warnings are inexistant when function calls hide the unsafe shit. Even if the said functions' bodies are in the same translation unit.

C++11 fixed many of C's issues with a sane standard library (bar iostream) and safe, modern features. But wannabe-h4xx0rz keep rejecting it. They invent random arguments to look like they know what they're talking about. OOP and operator overloading causing over-engineering is a pretty funny one. C++ revolving around template metaprogramming is downright memery. They pretend to be 1337-h4xx0rz and be able to produce safe code in C. Still, most C code posted on Jow Forums is laughably unsafe. The Cniles who defend C not only don't know the alternatives they defend it against. They don't even know C.

So no, C isn't just a scapegoat. It's a legitimately outdated language that has all the good reasons to be criticized. It's not even the only option for low-level programming (C++ and Rust both have inline assembly too).

If you do modern C++ the correct way, not much. Rust detects data races at compile time and is syntactically nicer, but that's about it. There are also type traits, but correctly-used multiple inheritance can emulate that.

Absolutely based.

Because those billions of dollars are minuscule compared to the overall business opportunity that C facilitated. It's a flea-on-an-elephant scale grievance

>Sane
>Startups bulding things on top of things written in C/C++

What are these "business opportunities" it facilitated?

>There are also type traits, but correctly-used multiple inheritance can emulate that.
there's already C++ type traits of course
with if constexpr and a couple of tricks you can achieve a lot

recent compilers implement concepts that give you proper interfaces around this

Most kernels are written in C, even Windows is mostly in C.

Is that a serious question? Are you sure you want to try criticizing C (much less deprecating it) if your ignorance of the subject matter runs that deep?

the OS you are using right now, idiotic nigger.

>there's already C++ type traits of course
It's a slightly different system from Rust's. You're talking about this:
en.cppreference.com/w/cpp/types#Type_traits_.28since_C.2B.2B11.29
Rust's type trait sytem is basically multiple inheritance without polymorphism and `is_base_of` constraints on implementations.

Unix and derivatives are shit, though.

So I get you can't name any? Gotcha.

To be fair I suspect most of the android stuff lags because of the amount of effort Google makes to collect as much data as possible, not because of Java which is well-implemented on such hardware.