/spg/ - Smartphone General

iPhone SE edition

If requesting purchasing advice, please provide your country and what carrier you will be using it with, along with wanted features, budget and size.

Good Resources:
>Reviews, Specs, Comparisons
gsmarena.com
phonearena.com
kimovil.com

>Frequency Checker
willmyphonework.net
frequencycheck.com
kimovil.com/en/frequency-checker

>Chinkphone news
gizchina.com
gizmochina.com

>Visual Phone Size Comparison
phonearena.com/phones/size

>Recommended Chinkphones
pastebin.com/sQbs83pY (embed)

>Post a Mini-Review of your Smartphone
>Discuss upcoming and current models
>Ask for help related to phones
>Tell us how much shekels you spent on good/bad phone

Previous thread

Attached: untitled.jpg (1440x1920, 227K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Lgv7aktFErA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Should I root my moto X4 and what are some good resources to reference?

xdadevelopers.com

Thanks fren

Attached: 0A8343FD-7A34-4D6A-BF86-5D1B8A62150A.jpg (960x768, 97K)

>iPhone SE is the lightest phone Apple has produced
Why do iPhones keep getting heavier?

The SE is the same size as the 5 so it's the one of their smaller phones

There's not one phone better than the XS MAX.

What about the iPad Pro?

POO IN LOO

Attached: 1524654960994.jpg (643x960, 255K)

>drinking apples coolaid

How do I root?

depends on your phone

oneplus 6, are there guides besides poo tube vids?

theres guides for everything on xda, its extremely simple and takes around 5 minutes

The SE is still the best iPhone.

actually its 1 gram more than the 5/5s

When will iToddlers stop getting BTFO?

Attached: Ceiling Cat.png (638x366, 132K)

>tfw just "upgraded" from my 5S ive had for 3 years to the SE
>exactly what i want in size (fuck bigger phones) and performance
>only cost me $70 on ebay and i can probably sell my 5S for around $40-50
>the case i want (pic related) is no longer produced by the company

Attached: untitled.jpg (450x450, 28K)

I upgraded to a refurb 7 Plus and I'm tempted to switch back to the SE.

I'm a big fan of pic related.

Attached: IP-SE-Tech21-EvoMesh-04.jpg (1000x1000, 55K)

im about to upgrade from an SE to a Poco F1 since current iphones are retarded. is it a good upgrade or should I stay with my SE, main reason i want to upgrade is because im getting fucking blind, performance wise it's still a great phone

i dont get it, those phones are obscenely large. i couldnt even fit a 6s plus in my pocket. how do you even fit in around

I like the s10e, its cute and small but the battery is shit. like 3100 really?

ive had a uag on my 5s the whole time dropped it a bunch and not so much as a scratch on the phone,. case is getting beat up but i like them

sell me on tech21 since i literally cant buy the uag one

XFINITY is taking over the world.
Free cell phone line when subscribed to their internet service.
>The Roberts family is an American family of actors with 30% voting power in Comcast.
>Billionaire Babe

Attached: 1.jpg (1280x898, 146K)

Anyone else think that punch hole is worse than teardrop notch?

One is in the top middle of the screen where nothing happens, one has the dumbfuck stupid margin of screen around it that's now useless

It's just a stopgap till they get an actual camera that works through a turned off OLED display, which seems to be endgame desu

how long before we have cheap cell phones with current flagship cameras

The 6S Plus is identical, size wise. I loved the SE, it wasn't feeling slow or anything, but the screen resolution was killing me. 7 Plus gave me full 1080p, and it fits in my back pocket no problem. Sucks texting one handed though.
They're fairly cheap, easy to find, and I've used that 'model' or whatever (the circle type pattern thing) on all my phones. I used the SE hard for two years and that case did the trick. It looks pretty similar in its basic structure to the one you (or other user) posted, which is why I recommended it. It's not like an otterbox or anything, but I think they do they trick and don't look terrible. If you're 5S case is still healthy and you like it, it will fit perfectly on the SE too, so that's an option as well.

Guys what chinkphone to replace my beat up SE with? I want something with an aluminium body and 3.5mm, and I don't give a fuck about wireless charging.

In order of priority
Build quality>speed>battery>screen>camera

If you're going blind, Apple has better accessibility features.

do you guys think this color case will look ridiculous if i cant find the clear one? someone is selling this color on ebay

Attached: unt.jpg (1012x1600, 201K)

just buy another SE

there's a zoom feature and the ability to have bigger text but both options look awful on the SE

You already own an iToddler device so what does it matter at this point?

My phone bricked while following a guide. RIP.

Then get a big new one, like the XR.

Trying to find a guide/rom written by someone who isn't an ESL on xda is harder than making gold appear with your mind.

>REE TODDLER REE

But I want a bigger screen and more fast.

Attached: 1545364275420.webm (720x404, 2.97M)

its almost impossible to hard brick nowadays

iPhones post 6s are retarded, no headphone jack, sub 1080p display unless you get a $1000 model, less repairable than previous models and the list goes on. I considered a 6s but I don't want a used one and I can't find one anywhere.

Imagine paying $1400 for a phone that's not even 1080P.

i didnt do that and never would do that. i paid $70 for an SE and just want a case

Not my style but phones are personal user, use the case you like!

>2019
>not even 720p
even worse

The solid state home button and water resistance on the 7 series is worth losing the headphone jack. 7+s are cheap and durable.

I turned it off to enter the bootloader and now it doesn't boot to anything at all.

>people bought iphone xr with a 720p screen

who sells a 4 inch screen with 720p resolution please direct me there

download mode and flash it again

kys

>iShit
>durable

Attached: 1533638285938.webm (640x360, 1.93M)

what do you mean solid state home button

>solid state home button
for what purpose?
>water resistance
nice but not really necessary (for me)
I would prefer the headphone jack

Everyone knows the iPhone 6 was bendy shit, they fixed it because it sucked.

>fixed
every iphone with that design suffered from flex based board damage, this includes iphone 6s, 7 and 8

A solid state home button can't wear out or die due to using it with a wet thumb or whatever. Also, it feels exactly the same every single click. The old-style home button is one thing I don't miss from the SE. It's a button you use constantly, and the first thing to wear out, so it made sense to make that nearly impossible.

why do Jow Forums tards recommend custom ROMs? they never ever are "stable"

fuck you faggots with no life

Not mine.

because they keep adding more features? oh wait. itoddler btfo

What I don't understand about Apple is that for such a "forward thinking" company, why would they not continue producing their SE? I get that maybe they're trying to force people into buying bigger screens for ridiculous prices for more profit, but everything I read about the SE before buying it says how everyone loves it, probably the best iphone ever made, and how the few special releases they have sent out sell out very quickly.

We wouldn't they just keep bringing out their new models but keep producing one very good smaller phone? Kinda like how Sony kept releasing games for the PS2 after the PS3 came out because of how good it was

My favorite feature about Android is every thing I type being sent to Google and the NSA.

>no 3d touch experience
nice try, it would the iphone 6s.
se only good because you are manlet and poor.

They've discontinued popular but aging devices in the past due to a lack of parts being available; though it's just as likely that the SE simply doesn't fit in their current 'lineup'. Even though the 7 and 8 do for some reason?

The first thing I did when I got mine was jailbreaking it and setting the activator so that all I needed to do for the home button was hold my thumb over it and not even press it down due to paranoia about it breaking. Did that with my 5S for years as well

>poor
>STILL owns a 6s
t. poor

classic tinfoil hat itoddler at it again.
>spanishguylaugh.jpg

No. I don't have use ifag, I'm just pointing out the 6s is better than the se with the same features. I'm using mate 20 the phone that repel dumb Americans.

Everyone knows they never fixed it. Poo in the loo street shitter.
iShit 6 bends and the touch screen chip dies because it's at the spot where it bends
iShit 7 bends and the audio chip dies because it's at the spot where it bends
iShit 8 bends and the entire thing freezes and bootloops
youtube.com/watch?v=Lgv7aktFErA

Attached: 1521025683086.jpg (634x423, 66K)

That always stressed me out as well; the solid state one is really great. Too bad the home button is gone forever.
Android was literally designed to harvest data; it's all the company that made it does, and that's all it was ever intended to do. There's nothing tinfoil about it. It's free because you're the product baby.

>eceleb shit
fucking kek

POO IN LOO

Attached: 1528917845816.png (813x1402, 369K)

>implying ios doesn't no this
mfw
>what is opensource os
>what is root without voiding warranty
i t o d d l e r s b t f o

>android is designed to harvest data
(you)

Gonan repost here:

Just discovered that the Note 7/Pro is only 8.1mm because of the camera popping out quite prominently, and it's actually very sleek.
So I'll get her that if it manages to come out in 2 weeks tops or otherwise the Honor 8x which is still pretty nice and premium looking and with decent (but worse) specs.
Camera is a toss up for her usage case because Note 7/pro has deff better back camera but worse selfie one, oh well.

What do you guys think,
>tl;dr either Note 7/pro or Honor 8x for young female interested in selfies and dumb pictures of sunsets

Attached: DqW5HOqWsAMWX6C.jpg (610x590, 62K)

What would be the best non-chink phone one could get for Verizon in US, if all wants to do is browse the web, read email, and watch YouTube that also doesn't harvest too much data from me?

It wasn't designed from the ground up to harvest data for Google, no. I'm trying to imagine installing some poo in the loo's botnet replacement instead of Google's and thinking it's a good idea. Pretty rich.

iPhone SE

I said non-chink.

theyre both kinda shit for pictures

iPhones aren't chink, they're poo.

Attached: 1533541291055.jpg (1000x1470, 450K)

What do you guys think about the G7.
I personally love it, I used to have the G3 and G5 and those where both good too.

Don't get why people assume its bad

Attached: lg-g7-thinq-.jpg (160x212, 12K)

D E S I G N A T E D

If you want an american made phone you'll have to build it yourself bro

OH NO NO NO NO NO
AAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Attached: 1546582486067.png (676x1451, 893K)

Okay, so I wasn't bricked, I was just dumb. So now my phones fully rooted. Now how do I get ad block? And should I do the whole nandroid backup?

>it wasn't designed from the ground up to haverst data for google.
exactly. you said it was designed to harvest data at first in your previous comment. now you're denying it. are you sure you're not Indian on his desk job break trying to shill apple.

how will iphone compete against xiaomi in indian market.

if you got magisk setup, download the adaway apk, download the update and restart the phone

>theyre both kinda shit for pictures
that's patently untrue, they're pretty good for the category (not the best though)

Meizu note 8 or RN5??

Attached: Capture.jpg (1072x497, 78K)

Mate 10 Pro

Yo do realize that there are Smartphones with 4k Screens for under $1,000 (e.g. Sony's XPERIA XZ2 Premium)

>Mate 10 Pro
the mate 10 pro is literally 4 times the price

Attached: DVmgRizW0AAUk3d.jpg large.jpg (1920x1541, 155K)

>phone i wanted doesnt work on my network
what's a good alternative to nokia 7 plus?

the s7 edge is like 250 bucks on amazon, and takes much better photos for same price especially if you use gcam

Why not make it in Uganda?

Attached: ht9g1lz1j4j21.png (1260x1681, 2.37M)

>offbrand
>budget models
>good cameras
Pick two.

Attached: 1527298233043.png (612x874, 654K)