Recommend some good CS books besides the obvious ones (CLRS, SCIP, etc..)

Recommend some good CS books besides the obvious ones (CLRS, SCIP, etc..)
I'll start: themlbook.com/wiki/doku.php

Attached: paperback.png (580x746, 60K)

Other urls found in this thread:

libgen.io/search.php?req=Think Like a programmer&open=0&res=25&view=simple&phrase=1&column=def
beginners.re/
pacman128.github.io/pcasm/
gameprogrammingpatterns.com/
libgen.io/
vmls-book.stanford.edu/
booksdescr.org/item/index.php?md5=4F340A03FD5D35BDA083C3313CAE7D23
twitter.com/AnonBabble

bump, i'm interested too

I've got a libraries worth, make your pick and i'll post it:

TOPICS:
Computer Architecture
Electronics Engineering *
Linux Knowledge
Machine Learning and Computer Vision
Operating System Design and Development
Other
Problem Solving *
Programming *

*Recommended

Post one of your favorites

Anything on problem solving if you would, I would appreciate it.

I'm a total retard with no experience programming other than some failed delphi experiments in the late 90s.
can you advise me on a book

My top choice is "Think Like a Programmer.."

Here is the link to libgen: libgen.io/search.php?req=Think Like a programmer&open=0&res=25&view=simple&phrase=1&column=def

thanks user!

beginners.re/
pacman128.github.io/pcasm/

Its a pleasure.

Maybe someday i'll host my library on a VPS

Problem solving!!!!!! REEEE
whats programming? just programming languages or does it including algorithms?

subdirectories of programming:
>Algorithm Design and Principles
>Programming Languages

>reeeee
problem solving is the underlying art behind computer science, any man who things he has nothing to learn will learn nothing.

These are pretty cool user

Could you post some System Design stuff

where can I learn to count like a martian

Attached: assemblyfoo.png (683x605, 175K)

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

This is the selection of books in that directory:
>Introduction to Computing Systems - From bits and gates to C and beyond
>Operating System Design
>The Elements of Computing Systems - Building a Modern Computer from First Principles
>The little book about OS development
>Writing a Simple Operating System - from Scratch

They say learning to program an operating system is the culmination of all programming.

Could you post pdf's for the last three?

gameprogrammingpatterns.com/
It's free online and really great.

if you dont know how to find pdf's for those 3 books then honestly give up on progressing in this industry.

They're all on libgen: libgen.io/

just search their names, then choose one of the mirrors.

great thread, bump

I've got computer programming down pretty good, but my high school math level is really starting to hold me back now that I want to do more complicated stuff.

vmls-book.stanford.edu/

retake algebra on khan academy, then calc, finally do discrete mathematics. that's what i'm doing. it does help a lot.

I'm doing data structure in C++ right now, but hardware, systems programming, and operating system stuff really have caught my interest. If any of you wonderful bastards can recommend resources you find helpful, I'd be very grateful.

Attached: __momochi_tamate_kirara_fantasia_and_etc_drawn_by_hana_kazari__96764125a68d21bdc417cf7d62d6cc0a.png (1000x1000, 274K)

booksdescr.org/item/index.php?md5=4F340A03FD5D35BDA083C3313CAE7D23

i read this, it's really good and i recommend it.
the authors have a friendly approach too so it's not so daunting.

I don't think you need to spend too much time in calc. Get down algebra, then precalc, then learn the important concepts introduced in calc 1: limits, derivatives, and integrals. More advance calc is good for general math literacy, but unless you're going for grad school or some specialized field like data science or meme learning, you don't need to master it. From the perspective of a programmer, you're better off moving onto discrete math topics, linear algebra, and algorithm analysis. Just my two cents.

certain respected CS programs require you to take calc beforehand. it's most likely for what you mentioned and it helps with math literacy.
algebra (including linear algebra) is what you have to really nail down. the goal should be to get to discrete mathematics and able to understand it.

Some basic statistics is also important for understanding probability and queuing theory, the latter of which is fundamental for network analysis and simulations.