Apple now has a chip that tries to prevent you from installing linux. This is not acceptable to me...

Apple now has a chip that tries to prevent you from installing linux. This is not acceptable to me. I am the master of my own computer. Ree.

Attached: 1551166941600.jpg (439x603, 27K)

Other urls found in this thread:

slashdot.org/story/348252
amazon.com/ZOTAC-ZBOX-MI660NANO-U-i7-8550U-Graphics-Barebones/dp/B079H24SWZ/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

They are doing their customers a favor, i used redhat, swapped back to windows that day

If you do not have the patience to master excellence you will settle for mediocrity.

Attached: 1550716692609.jpg (576x768, 81K)

>wants to be master of own computer
>buys apple

Nonsense. I no longer support apple.

Attached: MK5NpVf.jpg (300x100, 29K)

Is this for real?

Okay, it's real:
slashdot.org/story/348252
Satania-chan, we need your opinion.

MACTODDLERS BTFO

Attached: 1531043930648.gif (500x281, 1.6M)

western philosophy and kegels?

why the fuck where you using enterprise linux distro instead of a desktop one (like ubuntu or fedora)

I'd just like to interject for a moment. What you're referring to as Linux, is in fact, GNU/Linux, or as I've recently taken to calling it, GNU plus Linux. Linux is not an operating system unto itself, but rather another free component of a fully functioning GNU system made useful by the GNU corelibs, shell utilities and vital system components comprising a full OS as defined by POSIX.

Many computer users run a modified version of the GNU system every day, without realizing it. Through a peculiar turn of events, the version of GNU which is widely used today is often called "Linux", and many of its users are not aware that it is basically the GNU system, developed by the GNU Project.

There really is a Linux, and these people are using it, but it is just a part of the system they use. Linux is the kernel: the program in the system that allocates the machine's resources to the other programs that you run. The kernel is an essential part of an operating system, but useless by itself; it can only function in the context of a complete operating system. Linux is normally used in combination with the GNU operating system: the whole system is basically GNU with Linux added, or GNU/Linux. All the so-called "Linux" distributions are really distributions of GNU/Linux.

so what? your precious "think pads" don't allow to install other wi-fi cards, it's all the same shit.

Surely using shim would still work, right? It's signed by MS.

you can run any linux on a vm

If I so desire I can write my own drivers in forth and allow myself. However the wifi cards in the thinkpad are top of the line.

Attached: 1551106493432.jpg (534x800, 38K)

Absolutely D O N G L E D

Just don't buy Apple and pay appletax.

It's like in that old joke: "Doctor, it hurts when I do this!" "Then stop doing it, you retard!"

Makes sense its to prevent people from using a linux live usb to steal your information, infecting the computer, etc.
Protip: More windows laptops are going to do this too and eventually you won't be able to turn secureboot off.

>i installed the worst possible distribution for a desktop experience and was not satisfied therefore Linux sucks in general

Linux does suck in general, that distribution is just in line with the general linux suckage. Its funny you got all defensive and tried shitpost a excuse, cultist.

Every OS sucks these days. Just pick the one for you that sucks less.

suckless.org

Oh shit.

>pay appletax
What?

>master of my own computer
If you buy an apple computer, it isn't yours.

There's no reason to buy Apple hardware if you're not going to use Apple software. Save money and buy something else.

You underestimate the power of forth.
This isn't about software. It's about control. My computer is my submissive female machine. My humbler servant maid. I own her.

Attached: JavXnWc.jpg (300x100, 20K)

Spoiler user: you also own the hardware that doesn't let you install Linux. That chip is part of the purchase. I understand logic is hard but please put in some effort.

iTODDLERS BTFO

Attached: itoddler.webm (720x404, 2.97M)

not anymore. I sold it to a fool.

Attached: 1550963734276.jpg (960x960, 121K)

cringe

Just think about it. Somewhere in the cost of the mac products you are paying for that chip
>the chip itself costs dollars
>the chip takes up space on the motherboard thus making the design less space efficient. It wastes room that could cumulatively add toward battery life
>it uses power to run the chip, this further reducing battery life
>it adds another point of failure to the machine. The more moving parts a machine has the more likely it is to fail. I the chip breaks the machine will fail
>all to try to prevent you from installing an operating system that would save on power consumption and space efficiency like linux or freebsd.

Originally it was the bible and some philosophical book about bible things.

Which is i triple boot windows/linux/osx on my non mac lappy.

>Apple
Found your problem.

cringe

Sapience. At last!

Attached: 1551510842828.png (1920x1080, 1.84M)

Wait wait wait, hold the fuck on.

I am saying this AS AN AVID MAC USER - You would buy a Mac - a *reasonably* well assembled computer - with possibly (probably) frustrating techsupport options and limited or outright NO serviceability. One of the most expensive machines you could buy - FOR THE FUCKING HARDWARE!?!?!?!?

I feel for you son, if you aren't buying that shit for the OS (as I do) - I have no idea what the fuck could be wrong with your fucking brain. They have heat issues, shit GPU options, limited or no upgrade path, and hard planned obsolescence built in.

You could assemble a better system for half the price. You could buy a prebuilt for 1/4 to 3/4 the price for similar or better specs.

The only reason any one should ever fathom buying a Mac is for the OS. It is the only thing it has that you can't get elsewhere better for cheaper.

Did you really had to assume it's gender?

I didn't buy a mac to use linux, I got a free 10 year old iMac someone was just gonna recycle/toss anyway and I put linux in it because it had el cap and wanted better performing shit inside it. Apple users are wasteful it's still a pretty good basic machine.

Sorry, I should add, thunderbolt, you would also get one if you are IN FUCKING LOVE with thunderbolt. Because they got thunderbolt for days.

My forth code is so efficient I don't need a very large computer. I want one small, efficient, sleek, and that will make women desire me. I have plenty of money to afford it from my lucrative programming position. However now it seems I will have enough money for 1700 extra doctor peppers next time I replace my laptop.

Attached: 1550103589516.jpg (480x720, 45K)

We're talking about a company that don't let you program for their portable devices without an apple computer.

I swapped the Realtek wifi card out with an Intel card in my A485 without any problem.

MiniPCs are cheap and extensive. Zotac, intel, and Gigabyte to name a few have lineups of these.

For instance (and certainly not even close to the only example)
amazon.com/ZOTAC-ZBOX-MI660NANO-U-i7-8550U-Graphics-Barebones/dp/B079H24SWZ/

>amazon.com/ZOTAC-ZBOX-MI660NANO-U-i7-8550U-Graphics-Barebones/dp/B079H24SWZ/
>I need a comfy laptop so I can browse the nets anytime anwhere

No thank you. Besides, that thing is way more powerful than what I need to run my hyper efficient forth code. Realistically I only need about 128 megabytes of ram. Ree.

Attached: 1549462723509.gif (360x203, 793K)

>bothering with apple in the current year

Unless the company's bullshit affects the rest of the sector, out of sight, out of mind. It's a slowly dying enterprise anyway. I think I'll live to see it get superseded Or at least, degenerate so much it won't matter.

Beat your dick and forget about it

Attached: received_2292993980732893.jpg (800x800, 52K)

Lmao. We're pretty happy without you user.

AMD and Intel are also pushing their Total Memory Encryption, which would encrypt traffic on the memory bus between the CPU and memory.

Imagine what kind of DRM that will causem

You have the mental capacity of an infant

based

It is useless for DRM if you can turn it off or run the software on an unencrypted system.

So they just need to force total memory encryption on some product.

This would fuck over so many game hacks.

Can someone explain how secure boot hasn't resulted in anti-trust lawsuits? You have to agree to a Microsoft EULA in order to be able to ditch secure boot in Windows 10 computers.

So don't buy apple products