2020 - 1

>2020 - 1
>STILL using dark themes for the terminal
Get on with the times, gramps. Light color schemes are superior.

Attached: 1539366532394.png (1244x770, 346K)

Other urls found in this thread:

tatham.blog/2008/10/13/why-light-text-on-dark-background-is-a-bad-idea/
lite.mst.edu/media/research/ctel/documents/LITE-2003-04.pdf
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Why are they superior?

>light theme on terminal
>dark title bar and borders
You are retarded.

Also curious.
I keep using light schemes but others insist dark is better.

t. astigmatic eyelet

>piss yellow

THIS
though Desu (t-b-h) OPs setup would look silky smooth good if his window borders matched that beautiful cute neo-pink

>place where you want to focus is light and shit you don't care about is dark and hidden away
Makes sense to me.

>gedit
>xml
Yh a fucking retard

if you're going to argue that, at least use a light theme worth using

I always prefered dark backgrounds and light fonts. Of course most software and websites didn't have that option built-in. But now that it's becoming more and more popular to implement an optional dark theme everywhere, I keep seeing contrarian autists complain about it. Why is it preferable to look straight into a stronger light source? How does it not cause eyestrain? What's wrong with a functioning, OPTIONAL, alternate theme? Dark themes are just easier on my eyes, and they have the added benefit of consuming less power. What's wrong with you?

Attached: 40.jpg (396x396, 14K)

This. I use stock OpenSUSE KDE Theme, have no problems

Black on white simply is more readable for humans, if you google it you'll see it's the only stance backed by actual studies. If you're using white-on-black just to reduce the amount of light your display emits that means your brightness is set too high for your environment. Learn to adjust your screen brightness instead of clutching to unreadable and ugly dark as my soul themes.

>not using light themes in text editors but dark theme in the terminal

Did some googling and came up with this.
>People with astigmatism (aproximately 50% of the population) find it harder to read white text on black than black text on white.

That's quite interesting, since it implies that half of the population is pretty much predetermined to prefer one theme over another because of their inherent physical characteristics. Guess I simply fall into the other group. Black text on bright white background makes my head hurt and strains my eyes regardless of screen bringhtness, but a light yellowish tinted background for example already makes things a lot easier (like OP's pic). Still, I prefer dark backgrounds and light colored text.

>Learn to adjust your screen brightness instead of clutching to unreadable and ugly dark as my soul themes.
Imagine being this butthurt over the color of other people's screens.

Source:
tatham.blog/2008/10/13/why-light-text-on-dark-background-is-a-bad-idea/
lite.mst.edu/media/research/ctel/documents/LITE-2003-04.pdf

Attached: 1548626450596.jpg (563x542, 21K)

There is no fucking way 50% of the population has astigmatism.

It's called contrast my dude

idk kev, every school you go to you'll see that nearly half of the kids wear glasses.

>2020 - 1
>Still didn't attribute the scroll lock key to xcalib -i -a

I have to use light themes for everything, as well as happy sunny beach wallpapers.
I used dark themes with moody urban papes for a while and I wanted to fucking kill myself by the end.

Пoшeл нaхyй Aндpeй

That is nicer that the usual dark themes. A nicer titlebar color (faded peach, green, yellow, or blue?) and a more pleasant and less rigid font would make it visually pleasing, cohesive.

I hate light text on dark, too easy for me to lose track.

Not my fault. It's 2019 and Loonix terminals STILL don't support an escape sequence to change the background color, so the light theme will become unreadable as soon as I ssh.

>and they have the added benefit of consuming less power.
How.
Your LCD screen displaying "black" is in it's "ON" state meaning it consumes more power than displaying "nothing" when it's in "OFF" state.

If we completely ignore human preferences and focus on power savings alone a white theme displaying white fonts allows you to lower the energy consumption of your backlight (lowering the brightness) while still retaining the final light output hitting your retina versus a black background displaying white content which forces you to increase your backlight brightness to retain legibility.
Unless all your devices use OLED with no backlight (the only screen technology where black = off) your argument is silly at best.

I do wear corrective lenses where working in front of a computer for extended period of time and a white theme with black content allows me to lower the screen brightness to around 30% (on most screens) when working in a fully lit office which in turns makes it more comfortable to work with. I wouldn't be able to pull the same thing with a black-as-my-soul everything.

I have astigmatism and I hate light themes. I actually use a browser add-on to dark theme the whole internet.