/spg/ - Smartphone General

OnePlus 7 Edition

If requesting purchasing advice, please provide your country and what carrier you will be using it with, along with wanted features, budget and size.

Good Resources:
>Reviews, Specs, Comparisons
gsmarena.com
phonearena.com
kimovil.com

>Frequency Checker
willmyphonework.net
frequencycheck.com
kimovil.com/en/frequency-checker

>Chinkphone news
gizchina.com
gizmochina.com

>Visual Phone Size Comparison
phonearena.com/phones/size

>Recommended Chinkphones
pastebin.com/sQbs83pY

>Post a Mini-Review of your Smartphone
>Discuss upcoming and current models
>Ask for help related to phones
>Tell us how much shekels you spent on good/bad phone

Previous thread

Attached: oneplus_7_onleaks_pricebaba.jpg (766x630, 38K)

Other urls found in this thread:

fccid.io/2AFZZ-RMSF7H/Letter/Cover-letter-4142497
samsung.com/global/galaxy/galaxy-s10/specs/
samsung.com/us/business/products/mobile/phones/galaxy-s/galaxy-s10-e-256gb-at-t-sm-g970uzieatt/
youtube.com/watch?v=97LAtXGEMNo
youtube.com/watch?v=QgqinnFGqmQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>started life as the flagship killer company
>now costs the same amount as the flagships

Attached: 1521508550293.jpg (815x581, 129K)

Whats the /spg/ opinion on the moto G7 series?

>never settle
>settled for no micro SD card slots since the beginning
>settled for the lack of a 3.5mm headphone jack later on
>settled for the flagship pricing
Let's see what else OnePlus would never settle for.

hasn't their plan always been trying to get a fanbase first and then selling their shit at actual flagship prices
and fuck that camera bump is really thick man what the fuck is the point of that

>now costs the same amount as the flagships
not really, Oneplus phones start at around $500 and the "real" flagships like Pixel 3, S10 or iPhone XS are near $1k

>"real" flagship
>Pixel 3
>iPhone

Attached: 1540818253271.jpg (473x500, 43K)

When the F*CK are the note7 and note7 pro coming to europe REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEeeeeeee e

Attached: 014_YoD3tDq.png (858x725, 269K)

Trash

Hate to break it to you but the Note 7's all exploded several years ago

pixel is not flagship. maybe on the "low tier" flagship if you what I mean. Also if you disagree with me, you're stupid sheep and you need to gtfo.

Yes exactly, only pajeets and weebs fell for it.

redmis you dum dum

hahaha so funny.
for those who doesn't get it. basically he's talking about the samsung note 7 which is different from op talking about hahaha we got comedian over here guys. Indian humor.

Attached: 1549360927528.png (804x842, 916K)

he just trying to cheer up the thread
fuck you poorfag. expensive is flagship, simple as that.

Haven't been as hype for a phone since the s6 edge

s10 cannot ship soon enough

How is it not a flagship? The word "flagship" simply means that it is the respective company's top of the line product. Whatever features they have or don't compared to the competition doesn't change that Pixel 3 is Google's flagship phone and iPhone XS is Apple's.

Did I fuck up purchasing the Note 9 over the s10 lads?

>smaller battery
>power hog SD845

yes

at least it doesn't have a gay floating notch

Enjoy.

Attached: IMG_-a2f6mi.jpg (285x285, 22K)

Where are the bands for the Redmi Nite 7 Global version?

Its over if it doesnt have the B2(1900) what phone should i get then?

those buying s10, why would you not buy the s10e?

Thank

Attached: shy wojakie.png (597x512, 150K)

DeX, 8GB of Ram, and i'm falling for the $130 Buds. Which are free with the s10.

I'm holding on on this one.

The chassis seems to be weak and easily bendable. I'm going to wait for a few reviews to see if it's worth it.

there's an 8gb version of the S10e, not sure about dex but why would it not be supported? they have the same specs

Should I use gcam or the default camera on my mix 2s

fccid.io/2AFZZ-RMSF7H/Letter/Cover-letter-4142497

>M1901F7H
>GSM: B2/3/5/8
>WCDMA: B1/2/4/5/8
>LTE FDD: B1/2/3/4/5/7/8/20/28
>LTE TDD: B38/40

>M1901F7G:
>GSM: B2/3/5/8
>WCDMA: B1/2/4/5/8
>LTE FDD: B1/2/3/4/5/7/8/20
>LTE TDD: B38/40

If the model numbers go the same as with the previous Redmi phones, then M1901F7H is the Taiwan version and M1901F7G is the regular Global version.

GCam

Been using the 1+1 since release. I am getting myself excited for a new phone since I will have use for it now that I am commuting for work instead of cycling for like 5mins.
Hope the OnePlus 7 has a headphone jack.

>Hope the OnePlus 7 has a headphone jack.
it won't

>hoping a company to add a feature back in after they removed it and provided an alternative to it

btw should I get bluetooth or type-C headphones since no one has the 3.5mm jacks anymore

God damn it.

Anybody recommend some good Android games with some depth? I'm downloading xcom right now

It has been specifically called out that the s10e does not support Dex and the 8GB version of the 10e is 850 bucks, so at that point, why not just buy the one that comes with free stuff?

If it were 6 months from now, I'd probably be buying the s10e ... I agree, the s10e does seem like a better option, but atm, I'm curious about DeX and that coupon is v nice.

>being excited for buds when you can buy replica pods that sounds exactly the same as airpods for 20 bucks

Does the ceramic version of the s10 do anything better and/or different compared to the normal s10, or is it purely for aesthetic reasons?

Anyone else severely disappointed with the leaks for OP7?
>No 3.5mm jack
>pop-up selfie cam
>flagship prices
I don't know what to look forward to for this year then.
Guess I'll keep my G6 still.

Attached: Im_not_happy.gif (540x512, 661K)

So how was the Xperia 1 (XZ4) do we already know if it’s better than S10?

Should I upgrade my P2XL to a S10 with the $300 trade in or wait for the Pixel 4?
Seems like a no brainier considering how much the used stock for this phone has already dropped and the samsung hardware, but I'm going to miss stock and the fast updates.

>pop-up selfie cam
and that's a good thing
it's the ridiculous camera bump that's a problem

>Chin
Dropped.

Attached: 1551628903126.jpg (1080x888, 75K)

just put a case on it

>Sony
>better than Samsung ever

Attached: 1543363961557.jpg (409x395, 9K)

>It has been specifically called out that the s10e does not support Dex
Source?

I know for a fact that S10e has DisplayPort/HDMI over USB-C.

samsung.com/global/galaxy/galaxy-s10/specs/

>buying cheap ripoff shit thats lower quality everything and thinking its on par with the branded stuff

Sometimes, but usually, not. They save the money some where and you are an idiot for thinking otherwise.

who are you talking to?

GSMArena.

DP over C just means it can screen mirror. IDK why they would cut DeX from the s10e but I trust GSMarena over basically any other source. Even samsung has put wrong shit on their website before.

I'm not seeing a headline about that. Which article should I be reading?

Attached: FWrZgZZ1f9.webm (574x798, 2.02M)

I'm gonna trust Samsung's own site over GSMArena

Attached: 2.png (1425x907, 288K)

Disclaimer. We can not guarantee that the information on this page is 100% correct. Read more

samsung.com/us/business/products/mobile/phones/galaxy-s/galaxy-s10-e-256gb-at-t-sm-g970uzieatt/
>Connect the Galaxy S10e to any monitor with the DeX adapter, and it has the power to perform like a desktop PC.2 Using DeX, you can access your desktop anywhere with enterprise-ready VDI solutions.7 With access to Microsoft Office Mobile,8 you can view spreadsheets, presentations and documents anytime, anyplace. Working just got better, wherever you are. No laptop. No issue.

What is Bixby and how do i disable it?

Install a custom ROM.

>They save the money some where and you are an idiot for thinking otherwise.
they have significantly lower margins dipshit
Apple and Sam-sung have 70% margins on their "flagships"

ANSWER ME

>What is Bixby
Samsung's "smart assistant"

>how do i disable it?
BxActions

>buy $200 phone (ZTE Grand X Max 2) three years ago
>its starting to shit the bed now
>go to find another phone
>there's literally nothing in the $200 price range that isn't a significant downgrade from my old phone in some respect
>aside from chink phones not compatible with US LTE bands

What the fuck happened

Is there anything wrong with the phone, or are you just a consumerist cuck who needs a new toy?

Yeah I know. It's that note on the read more button about having a "Special relationship" with manufacturers. I am thinking they talk directly to the people who builds these phones. GSMarena has specs up for phones weeks and months before anybody else on the internet even thinks about listing them.

Wouldn't be the first time some website design/marketing idiot got something wrong.

Listen if I'm wrong, great, people who bought an s10e get Dex, which is fantastic. If I'm right, I'd rather not take the risk on my own personal device. If I ordered an s10e and it didn't have DeX i'd be pissed and have to go through the hassle of returning it. The s10 isn't that much more expensive and again, also comes with a $130 gift certificate, which isn't the same as Cash, but does soften the blow of spending more.

The only real bummer with the s10 is the fingerprint scanner. Would've much preferred a rear mounted, but the s10e isn't exactly better with it being stuck to the side.

I thought at first maybe it was only on the 8GBRAM/256GB Storage option but I checked the base and it's there too.
I had all this typed up before your response, but I guess I'm wrong.
Hmm.
Guess I have some thinking to do.

Umidigi F1 has US LTE bands

got a mi mix 2s
battery life is great
since it is a china phone, and i really dont wanna buy another phone for awhile, is it worth it getting replacement batteries for it now while they are available and storing them for a couple years?
im sure they will lose capacity over that time but wouldnt they still be better in a year or two then the battery that has been charged cycled times 100 in the phone

i got 2 chink replacement batteries for my phone

popped them into the phone one to test them, but they discharged to 0% after a short bit even unplugged from a phone

it works fine, but I'm also not a poorfag and have a job

so the latter then

oy vey

>trusting chinks
at least they're innovating some things like getting these popup cameras and having bloat free OS

Fucking this. I need one now.

Get the Sennheiser Momentum earphones, they look classy and work great.

Attached: Momentum_True_Wireless_Bundle_Isotop_RGB_red.jpg (600x600, 33K)

why

You honestly expected them to get the jack back after they axed it? Jesus, dumb as hell.
The pop up cam is fantastic, far better than the notch or the camera hole. Literally how is it bad? Even normies will love the novelty of a camera popping out like that.
As for prices, Oneplus phones have always been far cheaper than Samshit and the like in my country so I don't mind.

>tfw the OP7 will cost as much as the s10e and there will be no reason to get it since it will have inferior everything

As I predicted, the camera on the Nokia 9 is shit for everything except bokeh.

their phones are just reskins of oppos so it's not like removing the jack was necessarily a permanent change. I think it's fuckinv retarded, I was hoping to get a new phone but it looks like if I ever buy another oneplus it has to be the op6

Major cope
the software alone makes it worth it
plus no hole in the front screen LOL

test

>tfw the OP7 will cost as much as the s10e
it'll be $200 cheaper actually

my eyes bled just from looking at the price

Don't be poor bro. You get what you pay for. I'm using the HD598 headphones with a DAC and they're gorgeous. Never skimp on audio.

If the OP7T has Oppo's 10x zoom camera I'm getting it. With gcam that thing will become a total beast.

>not using chink airpods that sound identical to the real thing while simultaneously flexing on people who think theyre the real thing

Attached: file.png (1122x529, 641K)

These don't sound identical, not unless you're deaf. I'm talking about the Senns, I don't know about Appleshit

>pop up camera
>goes off in your pocket
>breaks

nice

How will it do that unless your display is on and you've unlocked it and have pressed the camera button? Fuck off Samsung, I'm not touching your shit phones.

Are there any non-autistic reasons to root my phone?

adblock, ios emojis

Why not get the note 9?

>note 9
>1000$
>note 7
>200$

hmmm

No, love my note 9. Would not even trade it for an s10+. Note's battery life is amazing. Phone has no cons at all.

>Note's battery life is amazing
not according to most people who get 2-6 hours SoT

>goes off in your pocket
>it detects something is blocking it and retracts
>nothing happens

Stop being poor.

le baldman of smartphones is cancer
>it didn't survive the bend test
who the hell even bends their phones like that besides retarded roasties that keep their selfie-machine tucked in their ass pocket

Why would anyone look at their phone for 6 hours a day? I use my phone quite often and got at least 50% battery left on my note 9 at the end of the day. On my s7 it would run out before the day ends.

>he doesnt spend all day on snapchat, instagram and youtube

get a load of this nerd.

S10+ gets better battery life than the Note9 though
youtube.com/watch?v=97LAtXGEMNo
youtube.com/watch?v=QgqinnFGqmQ