Fuck you g

So im having a very rought week: army wants me for its service, my university remembered graduation soon and that i havent finished my paper, my sister is ill and theres just a shitload of thing to do at work.

So i installed gentoo. Took me about 12 hours because i probably incuded too much shit, ok. I agree there is some sence of accomplshment once you run that first reboot after installation and it works, especially on the first try.
But why the fuck would anyone seriously use this? I just dont get the idea. WHY? WHY? Everything take so much unnecessary steps and all for what? Illusion that you understand how your system works? Because vim suddenly takes 0,00005 seconds less to start?
You got me, Jow Forums, this is a hilarious joke. To think of it, the setup was perfect. You set up a whole fucking wiki carefully explaining how to install this distro, theres shitton of manuals on every command, every packet and pretty much anything yet theres no info on why would you want this fucking system.
80% of the steps i took could be easily set on autodetect to speed process up. And commpilling @world is one of the worst thing i have ever seen.
Imagine updating world on a server. Or leaving your pc for a whole night of updates.

And the punchline for this hilarious joke was:
>sudo: command not found
Fuck off Jow Forums, shove your fucking gentoo up your ass and recompile it there, im going back to debian.

Attached: 1309091499355.jpg (336x333, 39K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=u6_opoALrPk
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>sudo: command not found
>im going back to debian.

Please don't, we don't want you back.

Reminder that Debian is for people who want something familiar like Ubuntu but have too much narcissistic autism to use something for "plebs".

What im saying is, i dont want to fuck around installing even more shit that should be in the by default.

Install gentoo

Debian doesn't have sudo in the base install

yes it does you fucking retard.

No.

Just installed debian to see what is this thing. Standart installation.
No sudo.

Attached: VirtualBox_debian_03_03_2019_21_48_23.png (1024x768, 155K)

I just did.

user, chill out a bit.
youtube.com/watch?v=u6_opoALrPk

>So im having a very rought week: army wants me for its service, my university remembered graduation soon and that i havent finished my paper, my sister is ill and theres just a shitload of thing to do at work.
>
>So i installed gentoo
priorities. don't blame Jow Forums
also,
>installing gentoo
you are welcome, newfriend.

>by default
You decide the defaults.
For everything.
E v e r y t h i n g.
That's the whole point.

I see.

Could you point me to where in the installer it asks if you want to install sudo? I've never seen that, and it's not included in Standard System Utilitiea either.

>the installer
Um, what.
The installer is you, user.
You install it.
Or don't... Up to you.
What other 'installer' might you be referring to?

The handbook says nothing about it. Sure you can install it later, but i dont see why that package isnt there from the begining. Same goes fot stage 3 giles.

>living in a country with conscription
Just “pretend” to have autism

Maybe you don't want or need a regular user, maybe you'd rather use doas instead of sudo, it's like asking why Lego sets don't already come partially constructed.

Sorry, I was talking about Debian

OP, being a massive faggot, doesn't even need to pretend

Great thread, op. Go back to blogger.

ALL FIELDS

You dont have to build a factory and melt your own bricks to play lego.

Can't handle the post longer that twitter limit?

Can't handle installing Gentoo?

Can you?

Don't fuck up my analogy, the Legos are Gentoo.
If you don't wanna 'play Lego', install Ubunut.
Or if you just wanna pretend at playing Lego, install Arch...

Attached: 1535084804257.png (383x301, 86K)

Attached: Screenshot_20190303_215223.png (1920x1080, 347K)

Did you install Gentoo to listen to Japanese music?

were you born to be shuch a faggot?

its a meme you dip

You can't make this up lmao

Debian didn't come with sudo IIRC.

Meme originates from something, based retard. So I went and installed it.

Subtle.

Attached: 1533723718558.png (157x42, 4K)

I'm not the guy that was attacking you, no need to be rude. And as for your query, I do not have any mental disorders that I am aware of.

install sudo with su dummy

Attached: 1528762430671.png (786x974, 420K)

>he fell for a literal meme
>blames others

Just come back to using Windows. GNU/Linux has always been a meme and people on here use it just to put terminals everywhere and take screenshots to show off their 1337 5up3r h4xx0r cred.

GNU/Linux is only good as a server OS today because it evolved out of a time-sharing OS for mainframes which is a similar principle. If you use it on a personal computer, you're doing it wrong.

reinstall gentoo?

If you want sudo just install it. It takes maybe 15 seconds to install. I personally never use it so I never found the need.

>believing this in $CURRENT_YEAR
Lost.

Attached: 1537278396874.jpg (800x609, 129K)

Have you looked at the desktop threads since forever? Most of the setups posted there are borderline unusable or show terminals doing absolutely nothing useful, just so there'd be a terminal showing off a block of text in a cool font on the screenshot.

>i have no personality or creativity so i can't possibly imagine why someone would want to customize their personal computing interface that they stare at for hours upon hours
>using riced desktops as an excuse for why you should just stick to shitty proprietary botnets

Attached: 1529975816964.jpg (600x800, 30K)

eesti eest

>rices desktop with a "le dark like my soul xd" minimalist theme and a generic moeblob waifu pic to be unique (while coincidentally also being indistinguishable from the crowd of Jow Forumsentoomen doing the exact same thing)

>accuses others of having no personality or creativity

>implying
uwu

Attached: 1548229226962.png (1366x768, 842K)

nice blog, where can I subscribe?

Disregard everything I said then, I deepthroat niggerdicks.

When did non-conformism become so conformist.

Attached: 1535228340894.png (470x188, 147K)

>vbox
Just when I thought I'd have some form of respect for the deerfag

what about it
that's just the folder i share with my win xp vm..?

Attached: 1536899482803.png (1366x768, 359K)

VBox is shit and you should use KVM from libvirtd with virt-manager

yeah i really don't put enough stock in vm's to bother with anything more complicated than virtualbox tho..