Why do I never see DevOps being discussed on Jow Forums?

Why do I never see DevOps being discussed on Jow Forums?

Attached: 1_EBXc9eJ1YRFLtkNI_djaAw.png (1982x1020, 115K)

DevOps is a bullshit job category created in the last 10 years where they want one person to be a systems architect, codemonkey and sysadmin, but only pay him for one of those 3 things.

I'm appearently in DevOps. Seems to mean mostly my team has to spend our time fixing broken pipelines that other teams constantly fuck up, and then if we're lucky we can work on some code of our own.

This basically, also most devops guys are pushing that faggy inefficient agile shit because it's "in" right now

NEETs don't work, there aren't any devops here

its wagecuck shit and this is a NEET website

These really.

Because that would require anyone actually deploying or making something

You know what else you never see on Jow Forums?
>machine learning
>data science
>blockchain
>internet of things
>containers
a good thing imo, this is not fucking hacker news.

pajeet tier job

because Jow Forums is 90% neet gaymers and 10% first year it/cs undergrads

Yes, I'm a devops engineer. How could you tell?

Attached: 054022458D274B9B981E757450C7E477.jpg (1080x1331, 132K)

>DevOps
literally learn aws, docker, kubernetes and ansible and get paid 100k a year to write a few lines of code. Comfy af.

I wanna transition to devops from SE. Did you get any certs for those, or you just straight up applied.

pretty sure devops is just a buzzword made up by new age agile weirdos that want to give the developer more responsibility

yeah i know, but the money pays too well. Im going where the money is going

Attached: 1477030487723.jpg (882x731, 124K)

I have sysadmin background. Linux and networking are my thing and I have worked with Windows a while back.
What about this Fullstack thing though?

Because Jow Forums is full of teenagers who don't have jobs.

NEET here, what is this "lean" and "agile" shit everyone is talking about. Google just shits out "less waste," "faster development," "more flexibility," and a bunch of other business buzzwords that tell me jack shit about what it actually does to business structure and the software development cycle.

>they want one person to be a systems architect, codemonkey and sysadmin
Oh how I wish

>work at big multinational company
>they are starting to implement "devops"
>we still can't create our own workflows, gotta fill a bunch of forms and send a draft to the team that actually makes them, and they always do something wrong
>we still can't monitor the execution of our workflows, there's a team that does that and they just send us error logs when something fails
>we still have no control of our infrastructure, gotta raise an issue to the relevant team when something goes wrong and watch them make excuses for stuff that a simple configuration would fix
>but wait, oh, good, we actually have tools for automatic testing and a deploy tool that doesn't suck ass now. About fucking time
The wonders of enterprise-grade "devops"

It's not just tech though, almost every job is like this. I worked at Walmart for like a month but quit because they expected me to have three job titles but only pay me for one, and I don't play that shit. If you want me to do multiple jobs you're gonna have to pay me accordingly for that.

In theory it means that developers are actually treated like people, working at a sustainable, steady pace, everything is made in a way that reduces friction between tech and business people, and delivering working code iteratively rather than spending weeks drawing a giant UML diagram and documentation only for the business guys to come and say that's not what you wanted halfway through implementing that monstrosity.

In practice it usually just means business people will be able to micromanage your work at a much finer-grained level and use more bullshit metrics to scold your low productivity as perceived by them.

This has nothing to do with technology per se. This is only project management methodology that doesn't belong on Jow Forums, even though it's a hot meme in IT right now.

On another, all methodologies are made to control idiocy, but ultimately you need competent people to get shit done. No methodology can insure that.

Majority of those get discussed here, except at the tween-1st-year-compsci level.

For sure I've seen threads on 'why boomers can't learn docker', and 'bitcoino', and 'ai', and consumer level IoT junk.

Jow Forums is not a place to discuss anything practical. It's for memes, consumer electronics discussion, and general tech interest / learning the basics. I think that's fine. IRC and tech talks fill in the blanks to get people to mid-level.

Ditto. I'm not necessarily complaining. I don't want more responsibilities. I do think it's funny how my organization hyped devops and paid out the ass for training and consultants. They never taught us any real skills. All the meetings did was shill devops like it was the return of Christ and talk about how wonderful it is and that we'll all soon be holding hands, singing songs, and everything will be peaceful and happy. Then the consultants collected their six figure paychecks and absolutely nothing changed.

If you want to talk Devops/Programming/System Administrator/Architecture you have to go to a dedicated forum group like VMUG for virtualization, spiceworks or Reddit. The majority of people on Jow Forums do not actually work in the industry from my experience.

my job is technically DevOps and mostly focuses on automating deployment infrastructure. generally DevOps usually jjst means automation to busines

So all I need to know to be a devops engineer is just some kubernetes, docker and bullshit business buzzwords?

wrong, DevOps is a job category that Sysadmins created for themselves so they wouldn't immediately be fired when Docker became popular

This desu. Every time I mention anything DevSecOps related a neckbeard NEETist shit posts a reply of something inane.