Why has there been no innovation on batteries?

Why has there been no innovation on batteries?

Attached: Duracell_MN2400B2_AAA_1_5v_Alkaline_Coppertop_567719.jpg (500x500, 31K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/3K43XC9J82Q?t=879
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

don't need it

What for? My Bluetooth mouse batteries have still been fine for 5 years. If they could become flatter instead of cylindrical it'd be better for more modern devices I guess

Nigga you wot?
Not sure if troll or retarded.

They're now flat and power pocket computers for hours. You're saying that's not innovation?

>no innovation on batteries
Since when?

Today's batteries aren't even the same beast as batteries from 2000. There's been an amazing revolution in batteries.

What flavor of meth are (you) smoking today?

Because making better batteries is really expensive, most alternatives use materials more exotic than Lithium.

Don't need to when he already keeps going, and going , and going...

Attached: ebunny.jpg (228x221, 6K)

Non rechargeable is environmentally unfriendly wasteful trash.

lithium ion batteries, you brain dead muthafucka

I think OP means AA batteries and he is right, duracell has the most powerful one and we haven't had innovation in this size for a long time.

>dont need it
you enjoy charging your phone twice a day?

>Not using Eneloops

OP didnt say "AA batteries". OP said "batteries"

>Duracell is the most powerful

the power of advertising

Because battery chemistry is bitch. Maybe you can ask god what he meant by this.

Eneloops are just overpriced IKEA batteries

Truth.

And buying any A-brand batteries is retarded.
You re paying more for marketing than for the actual product, which is identical to any no-brand or store brand.

the fuck you on about, niggers
Don't talk shit unless you know what you're talking about

They do make any Lithium AAAA for, y Widows stylus? Or something that won't leak if I forget about it?

Attached: energizer-aa-batteries-l91sbp-8-64_1000.jpg (1000x1000, 125K)

>Non rechargeable is environmentally unfriendly

They get recycled don't they?

>wasteful trash.
True in nearly every case.
But for some applications non-rechargeable is better.

In any case standard batteries are.....standard.
So they can't change the chemistry or do much to improve them without breaking backwards compatibility.
I know people on /p/ sperg out because they no longer sell some highly toxic batteries for their ancient cameras and the modern alternative fucks with the metering.

No, Eneloops are really the exact same batteries as the IKEA ones. Look it up. I of course disagree with the other poster, who says that all A-batteries are the same. That is not true.

>duracell has the most powerful one
Hello soccer mom

>They get recycled don't they?
Doubt most do, unless there's some poor guy at the garbage facility picking out all the batteries from the trash

How are non rechargeable ever better?

>recycling

If only it was as simple as 100 percent reusability. Many resources used to recycle and energy usually garnered via coal or gas.

>unless there's some poor guy at the garbage facility picking out all the batteries from the trash
there is. i spent 200 hours sorting trash at the dump for community service after i spit on some homeless guy's face who hit on my little sister saying some raunchy shit to her

This.

aah yes, Aluminium is significantly more rare than Lithium.

There is only one factory in Japan that makes these AA-AAA rechargeable LSD cells.
Eneloop probably gets the cream of the crop ones, while other brands get the lower grade ones, like 50-150mAh less or some shit.

>How are non rechargeable ever better?

Less self drain, so in things like remote controls and smoke detectors they will last years and years vs. having to recharge every 6 months or so.

Also I could be wrong but I think they work better in cold conditions or bad weather in general.
I use them for my bicycle taillight for that reason.

I live in a civilized country.
We don't throw batteries in the trash, we discard them in special recycle bins at the supermarket.

must be nice living in a country that isn't >50% low-iq niggers and spics

because oil is cheaper

based yurop

>power pocket computers for hours.
But that's because the power efficency of said devices has improved greatly, not the batteries. And they've been flat for a long time now.

>rechargeable LSD cells.

Attached: ooooH!.gif (300x176, 1.98M)

rechargeable NiMH batteries are technically incompatible with regular batteries as the voltage differs significantly (1.2V vs 1.5V), so they may not work in the device they're used for unless it was specifically designed to handle rechargeables.

does anyone know why this hasn't taken off? we've been hearing chink reports on Al-Ion being cheaper to produce and having a higher energy capacity per mass/volume and better overall life, why aren't we seeing this crap on the market? are the chinks lying for research funding or some shit?

jews

I would also like to know.

There is a rumor the 2nd generation Formula-e cars have Aluminium based batteries (but probably mixed with more exotic metals).
They doubled the capacity over the 1st gen Lithium based batteries, which is fucking amazing but they refused to tell the public how they did that.

apparently they have low shelf life and die when fully discharged, some random universities occasionally claim 'breakthroughs' but quiet out before anything comes of it (either the tech is being bought up and patented or threatened by existing battery giants)

that and the fact that there's currently large infrastructure in place for li-ion production and no good goyim would ever miss a meal for the sake of innovation.

>chinks report new tech with all benefits, no downsides
hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

>die when fully discharged
So do Lithium batteries, that's why you have a protection circuit either in the device or the battery itself.

There has. Now they are:
>built in
>usually even soldered to the board
>not standard, so even if you thought on replacing it, they are usually a discontinued production series in a chink plant.
>prone to caught fire
>wont last a day
So many advancements!

Attached: 1508517367555.jpg (682x1024, 95K)

Try going back to zinc from lithium then, and see what you think about innovation, nigger.

well its not just reports, you can literally whip up a simple al-ion battery with household scraps and it has all the stated benefits, the current issue being longevity.

The Oil industry has done everything to beat back battery innovation since the 70's electric car for obvious reasons.
Imagine batteries that only needed to be charged once a week and that'll just be the first step

>cross section is circular round, wastes space by filling gaps between multiple batteries next to each other with air
>cross section is not a square or rectangle which saves space and allows for more compact devices

Attached: 4l5hg3-KUCtCTD.jpg (666x968, 70K)

>smart phones are pocket computers
HAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

>what is heat dissipation?

pretty much irrelevant with 1,5V cells. They pretty much only become hot (and not flaming hot) when you directly short them. Besides: If you design a device that sucks a battery dry within minutes (which would be the equivalent of having a hot battery), then you easily can implement thick cooling walls between the individual cells in order to prevent any potential heat dissipation problems arising.

I bought a single pack of AA Energizer lithium ion batteries and they've lasted a hell of a long time in my wireless trackball mouse, my TV remote, etc.

youtu.be/3K43XC9J82Q?t=879

They may not be a PC or anything that runs a "real" (real in your mind at least) OS but it is something that does most if not all of what someone did on a computer in the past and it fits in your pocket

(())

what criteria do smart phones fail to meet to be considered computers?