>Example gaming builds; click on blue titles to see notes
pcpartpicker.com/user/pcbg/saved/
>How to assemble a PC
youtube.com/watch?v=69WFt6_dF8g

Want help?
>State the budget & CURRENCY
>Post at least some attempt at a parts list
>List your uses, e.g. Gaming, Video Editing, VM Work
>For monitors, include purpose (e.g., photoediting, gaming) and graphics card pairing (if applicable)

CPUs based on current pricing:
>Athlon 200GE - HTPC, web browsing, bare minimum gaming (can be OC'd on some MSI mobos)
>R3 2200G - Recommended minimum gaming
>R5 2600/x - Good multithread use CPUs, bad choice for strictly gaming
>i5 9400/9600k - Great gaming CPUs
>i7 8700/K or i7 9700K - Extreme setup with RTX 2080/Ti
>R7 2700/X or i9 9900K - VM Work / Streaming / Video editing

RAM:
>Always choose at least a two stick kit; 2x 8GB is recommended
>CPUs benefit from high speed RAM; 3000CL15 or 3200CL16 is ideal
>AMD B and X chipsets and Intel Z chipets support XMP

Graphics cards based on current pricing:
>Used cards can be had for a steal; inquire about warranty
1080p
>8GB RX 570, RX 580, and GTX 1060 are standard choices
>GTX 1660Ti/1070 or RTX 2060 for very high (100+) framerates and you have a CPU and monitor to match
1440p
>RTX 2060 is standard
>RTX 2070 IF on sale
>RTX 2080 for very high (100+) framerates and you have a CPU and monitor to match
2160p (4K)
>RTX 2080 is standard
>RTX 2080Ti is better for 4K but expensive

General:
>PLAN YOUR BUILD AROUND YOUR MONITOR IF GAMING
>A 256GB or larger SSD is almost mandatory; consider m.2 form factor
>Bottleneck checkers are worthless
>rentry.co/pcbg-more

Previous:

Attached: 63.jpg (1000x991, 416K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/ng8Wa_jwwx8
wccftech.com/amd-ryzen-3000-cpu-specs-prices-online-retailer-ryzen-9-3850x-leak/
youtube.com/watch?v=Tj6rUdhmIvQ&t=458s
youtube.com/watch?v=KSTn3ePDt50
pcpartpicker.com/list/x6s84q
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

How's memory compatibility with Ryzen 2 these days? Is it still as patchy as 1st gen Ryzen/XMP barely works etc

based

>no Vega recommended
Cringe

I'm not really into gaming anymore. For a general workstation, what kind of programs would I need to be running for my system bottleneck to be my GPU? Just in a general sense

Attached: 1479429935272.jpg (2067x1080, 298K)

Which is the best Radeon HD series to get?

works out of the box

wrong post. Also, much better XMP profiling.
A little more modern Xeon you can get from chinks.

I wonder why

Attached: Screenshot_2019-02-25-22-27-24-365_com.google.android.youtube.png (1920x1080, 559K)

Has Intel regained their crown with the i5 9400? I thought AMD was the current hot property these days for mid-range

It's on sale for $279 USD.

Both 1st gen and 2nd gen Ryzen work fine now with higher frequency memory.
Something like Hynix 3200MHz works out of the box.

Interesting, the only games I play are better on Vega.
Thanks.

OP is just a shill. The 9400 is worthless. If you want Intel, go at least for a 8700k.

I like it when non-fanboys make the threads. We don't want your Intel fanboy shit here (neither do we want AMD shit, but at least the AMD fanboy posts legit benchmarks not dumb memes.)

Attached: 1551124372865.jpg (550x549, 39K)

youtu.be/ng8Wa_jwwx8

9400 beats ryzen for gaming and costs only $175. It's just that it's not advertised that much

Show me

I'll just leave this here.

wccftech.com/amd-ryzen-3000-cpu-specs-prices-online-retailer-ryzen-9-3850x-leak/

Attached: 06cvAeR7rIk.jpg (500x526, 48K)

>telling people to wait and posting corporate benchmarks of unreleased hardware is somehow better

what's the graphics card for?

I don't believe that it's a necessity that the consume has to make ethical decisions regarding products they consume. For example, Hershey's and Nabisco employs child workers to use machetes cut down cacao in west Africa for their products, and i'll still buy mint oreos if i'm feeling down. I don't feel ethically obligated to be responsible for the decisions of a company I consume. There is an argument economically that the practices of Intel or Nvidia will overall negatively affect a consumer, but it's difficult to actually weigh the life-long net gain or loss of value if a certain consumer chooses Intel over AMD. Regardless I don't think the solution is a universal boycott since certain use-cases will lead some consumers to get more value over an Intel cpu over an AMD cpu. I'm not saying that boycotting or choosing to boycott Intel is useless, I believe i'm more responsible for recommending a product that will be more useful to a consumer than using ethics to recommend products. In fact, I usually recommend AMD over Intel, since most consumers who ask questions here will benefit from an amd cpu and gpu over Intel or buying Intel or Nvidia over AMD. However, I don't deny that there are use cases for To end this off with a food analogy, I wouldn't recommend tofu to someone who looking for a salty meat.

>vega benchmarks
>unreleased
You haven't been here the last couple threads?

Ryzen 5 2600 is 150 bucks now and has SMT. Depends on what you use your computer for.

Intel has to do something to stay relative. Took them almost a year to answer though.

Dumb idea to build computer now anyways since Zen 2 is around the corner, if Intel is going to top that, it will be again 10 months latter.

>ignores the speculative zen2 memes constantly spammed by AMDrones whenever cpu discussion starts

Intel fanboys are desperate since summer is closing in

Attached: 1551057457893.jpg (979x1099, 126K)

I waited for the first zen release and it was a waste of my time

If it's just speculative, why does it bother you? Discussion should be part of these threads.

Just comparison tests between all of them really. I've grown interest in the 7970 for decorative purposes and might put the winner in a decorative shadowbox and frame it in my room.

Isnt it just a 8400 with +100mhz? 8400 is based so yes the 9400 is based

Why? Plus Zen+ that came out a year ago was the only reasonable low to mid end option till now, a few months before the new line comes out.

>Just wait (tm)
>meaningful factual discussion
Pick one

I bought the 8400 at release fuck poozen i am not going to wait on them anymore amd always disapoints.

if you're just doing comparisons I think the obvious thing to do is just to get as many as possible to play with. fortunately the lower vram models are pretty cheap these days since the HD line is on its way out

I could. But how'd I sell them all back?

If I don't really wan to overclock, will a cheapo h310 mobo suffice for a 9400F?
>inb4. Intelfag.

A b360 will handle it fine

Shall I just upgrade my i5 to a 3770k and be done with it?

B360 is more expensive. Its h310 < h370 < b360 < z370

My brother is running a 8100 and a msi b310, it should work just fine with the 9400f as long as it is supported, i dont know what chipsets are suppprted

No you should wait for AMD

>looking on craigslist for cheap PCs/parts
>guy selling a 2600/570 system for 600 bucks
>look at the ram
>2444 Mhz
into the trash it goes

Bro just wait

I currently have two monitors hooked up to my PC, one with DVI-DVI, another HDMI-HDMI. They're both plugged into my graphics card, 1060 3gb.

I'm trying to get my TV as a third monitor, but whenever I plug in my HDMI-displayport wire to my PC, it makes my two monitors go blank and my TV says no signal.

If I unplug the DVI and HDMI, and just leave the TV it'll load windows 10 just fine. If I leave them all connected, bios will show on my TV then all 3 go blank.

Any clue what might be causing this shit?

Displayports are usually used for Multi-monitor setups. My advice is to use displayport to HDMI cables/adapters in that situation.

What best value mobo would you guys recommend to OC a R5 2600X ?
I had my eyes on the MSI B450 Tomahawk, is the VRM good enough or should I step up to a MSI B450 Gaming Pro Carbon ? (fuck these names really)

That's what I'm using and what I'm trying to accomplish though. Or do you mean use all displayport to HDMI?

Cause on my gpu I have 3 DP slots, 1 HDMI slot and one DVI slot.

all Displayport to HDMI kid. AmazonBasics carries those cables en masse.

If you can, go with the gaming pro carbon, but you can't go wrong with either one really.

And better yet, Try and test Displayport with HDMI but without the DVI.

Thanks, what do you think about X470 boards ? I've had multiple person recommend them to me but they never said why.

More headroom for OC'ing.

If you had to pick one, which one would it be (MSI or else) ?

MSI's a safe option. I would recommend ASUS' Strix motherboards, but they come at a premium as well as their other stuff like TUF and PRIME having crap VRMs simply won't do.

Not him, but I would go with msi since you can voltage offset in the bios, which allows light loads to run cooler and heavy loads to run faster. I'd go with the gaming pro carbon or the x470 msi gaming plus

Not thaa user but I’ve got a gaming pro carbon Ac and it’s a beautiful board; bios, make quality, aesthetics, it’s all A+

You could safely OC a Ryzen 2 on it.

Thanks man.

Displayport seems to work with the HDMI but the DVI fucks it up.

This is really confusing me though cause about a year ago I tried this and it worked with all 3. Would plugging my displayport into a monitor and connecting the tv via hdmi do anything?

I'm working on figuring out a mid tier VR gaming/workstation build.
Planning on using it for a lot of blender, Premier, game development, and eventually some VR gaming.
Currently I'm deciding on building it around either an i5 8400 or a 2600X.
Yesterday an user on /v/ told me about looking into the RTX cards with the USB-c ports since those might be better for future-proofing my build.
also said to wait until GDC since some VR were going to show off some new stuff.
Once I figure out the CPU and Graphics card I can figure out the rest, but these two are the biggest decisions so they've been keeping me up at night.

Attached: [sweating intensifies].gif (1280x720, 1.77M)

DVI's starting to act weird then. Keep it as a seperate cable as multi-monitor can't work with it. Prooobably drivers being damned to all hell.

Go for 2600x, RTX is a fucking meme. I have a 1070 used. Look at VR-ready Mobos as well.

Got it. Think I'll just pick up two more displayport-hdmicables off amazon then.

Buy the i5 8400 and the 2060. I have it and its great

And hey, that DVI cable might come in handy for older builds that need DVI-I (since DVI-D is actually backwards compatible).

Don't know much about VR, but I would presume that the 2060 is bare minimum. Hell, not all models have the type C USB port.

Bare minimum's actually the 1060/RX 580. Other than that, go higher up and it'll support VR.

2060 performs like a 1080 im sure its fine. Get one with the usb c port if that is what you care about. The reference card would be great for that

This general is some reddit-tier shit.

Upvoted.

Blender benefits off of multicore rendering, while Premier benefits off of CUDA, which is a aprt of nvidia gpus. I think your best bet is the 2600x and a 2060 since the tensor cores may actual have some strength over cuda cores in development although I haven't heard anything about developing with tensor cores really. (Maybe GDC?). I would look into AMD support for the applications that you plan on using.

You might want to look at this youtube.com/watch?v=Tj6rUdhmIvQ&t=458s

>amd pc since 2014 because poorfag
>want new intel cpu because this colossal piece of shit amd cannot even handle 4k videos
>have to buy new motherboard for the intel socket
>also new ddr4 ram
>total costs goes foe over 400$

Attached: 1439186182000.jpg (400x599, 54K)

An i3 an h310 and 16gb of ram is like 280 bucks

Stick with AMD. Ryzen's more viable.

youtube.com/watch?v=KSTn3ePDt50

You reminded me of motion matching, which I know computationally benefits off of tensor cores, but I don't know how you would implement that yourself.

why are you lying on the internet intel shill? 2014 AMD build should easily handle 4k

Thanks the replies anons, I found a very good deal (60 yuros off) on a MSI X370 Gaming Plus, should I press the button ?

PULL THE TRIGGER

Looks fine to me, but you might need to update the mobo's bios.

>RTX is a fucking meme
Can you elaborate on why?

Did you OC the 8400?

Also I took a glance at the OP and just noticed that there's a new i5 9400 that came out recently.
Some of the benchmark videos I've seen show it running at temps that are 10-20 degrees lower than a i5 8600 while performing about the same.

It doesn't but it's totally my fault for getting an apu, the 7700k.

>Can you elaborate on why?
Because it’s not AMD

You'll need decent CPU for VR. In VR the CPU is easily as important as GPU. Both AMD and Intel are good for that.
Obviously you'll want the new VirtualLink standard on the new Nvidia cards. I wouldn't go below a 2060.

In a normal game, a a little stutter is no big deal. Here it completely ruins the experience. Don't be afraid to overbuild a little. And be prepared to be disappointed, since the VR library is kinda limited and mostly simple.

Not if he used an APU which I'm guessing he did(I did the same thing too)

You cant of a 8400 excepted for rhe retarded bclk oc. I do run 3000mhz ram.

Cant oc*
For the retarded*

Indiantel shitters are working overtime to shill even harder after the Ryzen 3000 news.

Attached: 1500377406924.jpg (2083x1405, 462K)

pcpartpicker.com/list/x6s84q

Recommendations between 3x 120mm fans or 2x 140mm fans in the front of my case? I thought 3 > 2, but it's actually air flow that matters, right? Is there a big cooling difference, or should I just go with whatever will look better?

Fake leaks arent news retarded we have fakes leaks here every day newfag

For English language press 1.

>pcpartpicker.com/list/x6s84q
>Taking epic nothing personal kid garbage build from the general
OP stop recommending your trash builds to others

>i5 4670k CPU

What GPU for gayman?

Attached: 1446606408703.png (348x301, 75K)

2 140mm fans will be quieter and you only need to target airflow to your cpu and gpu so two 140mm fans should be more than enough

2080 ti

1080. Don't listen to

My PC is running out of storage. I have an MX500 SSD but it's only 250GB. I was thinking about going with a 500GB EVO M.2 for my main drive, and a 2TB Segate Barracuda for mass file storage and backup, and using the old SSD for my laptop. I'm basically just doing a lot of web development with largish databases and occasionally some gaymen. What do you anons think, is this a good investment?

Attached: 1545335999305.png (1371x317, 65K)

well played

gtx 1070/1660 ti/2060 or lower at 1080p imo(though those cars would be a tiny bit of a bottleneck, but you could probably oc the cpu if you wanted to)

60 hz monitor 1080p? 1660ti
144 hz moniitor 1080p? 2060
60hz monitor 1440p? 2060

Up it to 4 TB for mass file storage, and unless your motherboard supports M.2, go for a 2.5" form factor.

2060 is the max I would pair it with.

what about RX580?