Pic related is the flagship Linux distro

Pic related is the flagship Linux distro.

Attached: fedora-logo-100528469-large.jpg (580x388, 23K)

Other urls found in this thread:

apps.fedoraproject.org/packages/ceph
fedoramagazine.org/akash-angle-how-do-you-fedora/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>package manager written in python
>slower than CRUX package manager, which is source based
like fedora is fine but the main difference between 99% of linux distros at this point is just package managers and fedora's is utter garbage

Ubuntu will always be the most popular.

Ubuntu will always have the most support.

I don't like it either, but you can't just like to yourself.

No, not true. Fedora gets professional software. Try to use davinci resolve on Ubuntu or anything debian based without it crashing or freezing.

Yum was written in C++ and was a fucking dumpster-fire when it came to dependencies. Dnf may not be perfect, but at least it's not Yum.

>what is professional grade production software that only runs o red hat distros
can't deny the truth

Attached: 2019-03-03-144617_1600x900_scrot.png (1600x900, 433K)

Occasionally, fa/g/lords will sperg out about which distro is truly superior—usually Arch due to its "minimalism", Debian due to its "stability", Ubuntu due to its "ease of use", et cetera. All more or less incorrect, of course; Arch's kernel has an allyesconfig which is unnecessary bloat and counterarguments its self-proclaimed DIY nature, Debian's main meme is being ancient as all hell, and Ubuntu's everything generally sucks—from apt and its ways of handling dependencies to the varied degrees of bloat you get upon a fresh install. Yes, that includes Server as well for the most part.

In comparison, Fedora is about as fresh as a distro can get. While there is certainly a good amount of pros in comparison to other distros and by itself, these are only a few that are considered integral to its out-of-the-box, comfortable enterprise experience.
>Just werks out of the box
>Systemd is implemented nicely you it doesn't bother me that much like other distros do
>Same for GNOME because GNOME is tied with systemd
>Same for SELinux which is known for making things don't work. Never had this problem on Fedora.
>It is intended to above-medium users(like sysadmins, programmers, powerusers etc.) and not linux newbies(doesn't mean it is hard to use) so it focuses more on polishing the distro and development tools rather than focusing making it "easier to use".
>The userland is 100% free software which is good, the main repo has strict licensing rules so only free software gets there, which is good, but it still has non-free firmware which is also good because not everyone has a libre computer.
>Packages are compiled with hardening options like position-independend-executable which makes Fedora very secure
>Developers are actually either Redhat developers or profesional/advanced community developers and not careless basement autists or retarded SJW trannies that remove packages just because they have the word "boob" in it.

only newfags think arch is minimal, fedora and debian are splitted way better and are actually usable

yes
>the main difference between 99% of linux distros at this point is just package managers
factually incorrect

rpm beats deb in terms of capability of package metadata to resolve dependencies.

>profesional/advanced community developers and not careless basement autists or retarded SJW trannies that remove packages just because they have the word "boob" in it.
Yeah, instead they remove basic features from GNOME, making so you have to download a thirty party app just to change the fonts and the behavior of the stupid panel.
Great devs.

Why did post this picture? Are trying to make Fedora look like a piece of abortion?

Oh and apparently GNOME is design by a teenager that thinks black is the most beautiful color in the planet, it is not you you fucking idiot.

sorry lads, we ready to go now>WAAAAAAAAH need clicky clicky config for usb
>WAAAAAAAAAAAAAH CANT CHANGE THEME WITHOUT LEARNING HOW TO CHANGE THE THEME MOMMY HELP WHERE IS MY CONFIG MOMMY I NEED TO RICE MY DESKTOP WAHHHHHHHHHH *brrbrbrfbf*
>MOMMIE MOMMIE CHANGE MY CLOTHIE

Attached: Screenshot from 2019-03-02 18-00-19.png (1600x900, 1.19M)

How much does RedHat pay you? I've never seen so many Fedora threads before
Apart from that, it is a good distro if you work with the RedHat/CentOS/Fedora/RPM-based ecosystem.
Switched to it from Ubuntu because we use CentOS extensively at work
It's a bit less polished, but the higher quality of packages makes up for it
There are semi-official repos for a lot of stuff, such as independent Python versions
That works pretty well for developing stuff

Explain why it still has Ceph 12 then. Ceph 13 has been released for months, and this isn't some obscure package but the main large scale distributed storage software of our time.

apps.fedoraproject.org/packages/ceph

Nice post, sums up really nicely the average user of GNOME.

no, that's the people who complain about gnome not having features. they want everything in the gui until the gui itself is an os. that's stupid
>>>/windows/
>>>/niggersuse/

Yeah, because wanting basic features like hiding the panel and minimizing windows is too complex.

>minimizing windows
>ever
>when sice 2000 we have virtual workspaces
as I said, go back to windows.
And minimizing is an action you can bind to the keyboard retard, you can even enable the button if you are so stupid you need it, or bind it to middle click. By default the best opton is not having such useless function, I hope it gets hardcode deleted

Attached: 2019-03-03-154135_1600x900_scrot.png (1600x900, 424K)

>let me tell how you should use a computer
For how long do you work for Apple?

>waaah where's big button
>waaaaah i need to be spoonfed by my computer
I keep telling you, stay away in your toy os for your own sake. If you can't literally click some settings to enable what you want in your computer you should not even be using a computer right now.

I like how you are acting all mighty and posting images of dwm just to look smart.
Go on, post some more and show me how truly smart you are.

seeth more trips boy
you have no argument, gnome is more polished and functional than the hipster-no-name DE you are using right now

Sure. But post some more dwm pictures, come on show me how dumb and wrong I'm.

ok retard, here. now that you are so into it suck my cock

Attached: 2019-03-03-160807_1600x900_scrot.png (1600x900, 551K)

>Thread about Fedora
>Ends up being about Gnome
Every single time

>Just werks
unless you use a non-gnome spin then everything is perpetually broken
>Systemd is implemented nicely
and gets all the bleeding edge shit that other distros have enough sense to patch out
>Same for GNOME
because rhel employs a shit ton of gnome devs and they use fedora for development
>Same for SELinux
fedora has good selinux defaults but it gets in your way any time you do something involved
>It is intended to above-medium users
for advanced users it's a fucking terrible distro, everything is either too bleeding edge and buggy or 6/13 months out of date, rpm is a fucking terrible format to work with, user repositories are dead, short release and support cycle means frequent reinstalls because updating breaks everything, you get all the bleeding edge rhel/poettering ware for better or worse, usually for worse
the main selling point of fedora is first class gnome support or being a beta tester for redhat
>The userland is 100% free software which is good
as of fedora 28 they changed their policy on including proprietary software in their repos, so not only has it been a needlessly shitty distro for beginners for years it's also now a shitty distro for people who give a shit about foss
>hardened packages
only thing on this list I don't have an issue with
>Developers are Redhat developers [...] and not [...] retarded SJW trannies
yeah... no

only arch/gentoo/ubuntu (oddly enough) and a few meme distros have ceph 13, every other major distro is still on 12
fedora won't bump major version numbers during their release cycle so you won't see ceph 13 until fedora 30 at least

>talking about minimising windows in gnome
>posts a screenshot from dwm to say you don't need to minimise
how fucking retarded are you

the people using fedora with something other than gnome realise every other selling point of fedora is done better in other distros so they don't make shill threads

(you)
>>just works
>no u
>>systemd...
>no u xDxD bleeding edge because u backport fixes while other distros stay buggy
>>gnome works nicely
>ok but that's a bad thing
>>same for selinux
>no u it odesnt werk
>>for advanced users
>no uu xDxdx
>>userland is 100% free software
>no because they recommend (not by default, only in gnome-software explorer) to install steam and nvidia drivers xD
>use tux racer noveau guy it totally works well :^))
>>hardened packages
>O-ok that's truee dude
>>profesional developers, this is literally a fact you can't deny because you can't check the developers on the fedora project page
>no xDDXdx, source: trust me dude
>>minimizing windows is not that good dude, look, in this window manager you can't even minimize windows and is a favorite of Jow Forums
>u retarded
>if u dont use gnome u shouldnt use fedora goy
if this isn't bait you are seriously stupid

REMINDER

“The plethora of tools provided by
Fedora allows me to get the job done.
It just works.”
- Christine Flood, JVM performance engineer

Attached: workstation-testimonial.jpg (1024x377, 90K)

fedoramagazine.org/akash-angle-how-do-you-fedora/

based
she's actually an ok programmer if you check her stuff

Toppest of kackles
I forgot all about akash.

Been my daily driver for over 3 years now. Switched from Debian/Obontoo and never looked back. Highly recommended.

look at his res hes a little kid whos mom bought him a laptop

fedora spins have always been unpolished, the lead developer for the kde spin quit a few years ago over how bad it was
also not an argument
>while other distros stay buggy
god forbid other distros provide sane defaults
>ok but that's a bad thing
not what I said
>no u it odesnt werk
if you do anything with virtual machines or containers you're going to run into selinux issues where only troubleshooting advice on google or the fedora wiki is 'just set selinux to permissive', I thought you said it was a distro for advanced users, don't tell me all you use fedora for is watching anime
also not an argument
>no uu xDxdx
not an argument
>only in gnome-software explorer
wrong
>noveau guy it totally works well
a little over 3 years ago I was having to patch proprietary catalyst drivers because fedora had a firm NOPROPRIETARY stance, the limited amount of proprietary software they're providing now is a slap in the face for anybody that had to deal with spotty rpmfusion packages for years and you still end up needing to use rpmfusion because chrome/nvidia/steam only just don't cut the mustard
>trust me dude
hurr fedora community devs are professional, every other distro are losers, just trust me dude
>u retarded
posting a tiling wm manager in response to a complaint about a floating window manager not having a minimise button is peak retardation
>if u dont use gnome u shouldnt use fedora goy
not what I said
>if this isn't bait you are seriously stupid
I'm honestly surprised you typed that whole thing out, do you get paid per keystroke?

not when pic related exists

Attached: 1502761899358.png (602x500, 27K)