The industry really only has room for 2 or 3 winners in the end

Which will it be?

Attached: phone.png (1596x1606, 399K)

nah

Attached: 1551650038503.png (1080x1920, 507K)

>muh zero sum game
Retarded

Huawei and Samsung, both backed by their governments

>The industry really only has room for 2 or 3 winners in the end

Imagine being from such a cucked market that you honestly believe this.

>THERE LITERALLY CANNOT BE MORE THAN 3 COMPETITORS IN A MARKETPLACE

jews

>he industry really only has room for 2 or 3 winners
Why?

Actually even that's being too generous. VHS beat out Betamax, Netflix beat out Blockbuster and now only competes with other streaming services. That said, it's true that nothing dominates for long. Nokia and Blackberry ruled the phone market right up until they didn't. So the answer to OP's question is probably "brands we haven't heard of yet."

Atari and Packard Bell

google, apple and huawei

Google
Google
Google

Attached: 1539154319408.png (893x892, 222K)

Hopefully Sony alone. Literally the only company there that isn't any sort of govt spyware from the large three (Chyna, USofGay and Gorea)

Samsung and Apple are the only ones making money from phones.
The others are just buying a place at the table.

Got a 1+ for Christmas, eh?

Apple
Xiaomi

Are you being a complete mongoloid on purpose or this something you can't help.

You'll understand once you're through puberty.

Huawei is developing really fast, so them

2:1
why the fuck can't you simplify your fractions

And Apple back by fanboys

Xiaomi and Huawei will eat them all. It's fucking incredible Google can't create a decent phone.

Oneplus - Easily falls for streetshitting shills
LG - Bootloops, Quad DAC marketing but with an anemic amp.
The only real choices are Sony and Nokia.

It's really sad that the most competent of all the OS makers, MS, got pushed out of the market by momentum alone.

Google is a complete joke in maintaining a proper ecosystem and updating and maintaining their installed base, and Apple even with their tiny 10% marketshare and 2 device models a year shit out updates that brick, throttle, destroy battery life, and cripple any iDevice more than a year old.

Meanwhile an 8 year old T420 with an SSD running W7 still runs like new and still gets weekly security updates.

Attached: 1542066008771.png (630x841, 601K)

> Google is a complete joke in maintaining a proper ecosystem
No. they're doing pretty well.

> updating and maintaining their installed base
This is the device manufacturer's job.

It could be Google's job, but then devices wouldn't deprecate so quickly unless Google intentionally bloated the OS a lot. The device manufacturers wouldn't like this.

>This is the device manufacturer's job.
Kill yourself.

If they tried to do that Android would never have caught on like it did, you'd have iPhones, Googlephones and something else dominating the market.

>>If they tried to do that Android would never have caught on like it did
>we could've had free and open x86 windows phones with standard free as in freedom BIOS that we can install anything we want on without any rooting bullshit
wtf i hate google even more now

Take your pills, Bill.

t. ((((((Schmidt))))))

It just is, whether I kill myself or not.

And the actual obstacle is anyhow only that Google was and is not forcing firmware / hardware drivers to be open sourced and device to be unlocked.

Probably
>Samsung
>Xiaomi
>Apple
But I won't buy any of them, and will just stick to the cheapest ones that does what I want a smartphone to do. You kids can fuck with with all the pretty phones for me.

I believe that Google really doesn't want to create an amazing phone. They're not really in that business, and their phones are pretty much just for setting a low standard.

Found the hipster.

I rather be a hipster than be an easily marketable brainlet.

>Xiaomi
Why them instead of Huawei?

I bet you would, spanky.

>I'd rather be a hipster
Just off yourself my man.

Apple
Samsung
Huawei
Google (unless Larry Page gets bored and kills the entire Pixel division on a whim)
One or two of Xiaomi, HMD (Nokia), LG, BBK (Oppo, OnePlus)

TV market was (previously) able to accommodate 7 or so global players with many regional players, and smartphone market is likely to be same until the entire industry starts becoming obsolete.

>Why them instead of Huawei?
Xiaomi branded phones are all over the price spectrum with good specs per dollar, and they're not afraid of letting people root/rom (even been pretty helpful for the most part). Huwei usually acts negatively (not true for all models).