/hpg/ - Headphone General

>Requesting purchase advice
pastebin.com/fYZLW7Ub

>Jow Forums headphone wiki
wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php?title=Headphones

Previous thread:

Attached: sennheiser-headphone-girl.jpg (646x680, 127K)

Other urls found in this thread:

dropbox.com/s/61srehjyaltd7w0/Stax SR-009S.pdf?dl=0
dropbox.com/s/dm0m6u3s3b4zqzl/Sennheiser HD600.pdf?dl=0
i.imgur.com/W7hz3rh.png
aes.org/e-lib/browse.cfm?elib=17441
mega.nz/#F!3MFm1DrD!4GlU_vNtEeF148kZcQ05wA
youtube.com/watch?v=Bf38cKJ6NBc
i.imgur.com/Dru4gzZ.png
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

First for summit-fi

Attached: 63B2AAAD-B667-46F0-BCB2-CFA0A5244F71.jpg (3200x3024, 1.67M)

I have this Behringer UCA202 connected to my PC and my monitor, then outputting to my speakers. So if I switch my monitor's input to any of my consoles, it mixes the audio from my PC and the monitor together, and outputs to my headphones and speakers at the same time. This works well, I can take off my headphones and un-mute my speakers whenever I want to use them instead. It has a volume wheel for my headphones, and I can easily change the volume of my speakers.
However, I can only change the individual volumes of the PC and monitor from their sources, and that gets annoying when console audio is too quiet or loud. It's easy enough to change the volume on the PC, but I can't change the monitor's volume without digging through the OSD every time.

So, is there a device that will let me connect my PC and monitor to my headphones and speakers like this, but also give me volume knobs to individually change the volumes of the two inputs?

Attached: file.png (1010x568, 1.3M)

1st 4 the O2 and HD600's are all you need and everybody here is either a shill, faggot, or shill faggot.

σ(^○^)

Attached: 1551390174643.webm (784x712, 556K)

buy stax

First for floor user

Attached: flooranon.png (1506x4115, 1.06M)

Redpill on STAX for newbies: STAX is an old Jap company with outdated tech that was considered high end back in the 1960s and 1970s but sounds like ass by today's standards, so they went nearly bankrupt. They were purchased by a Chinese company for just a million dollars who decided to market STAX to the audiophool "more expensive is better" demographic who buys those crappy $3000 vinyl players, they shill heavily on HeadFi and here on /hpg/, plus they pay Zeos to shill their crap just like Fostex does.

>In December 2011, Chinese loudspeaker manufacturer Edifier announced the acquisition of 100% equity in Stax

Oratory has measured the highest end STAX, the SR-009S.

dropbox.com/s/61srehjyaltd7w0/Stax SR-009S.pdf?dl=0

dropbox.com/s/dm0m6u3s3b4zqzl/Sennheiser HD600.pdf?dl=0

It's worse than the HD600. HD600 scored 92 and SR-009S scored 76.

Recently Rtings rated STAX across various dimension, it's worse in terms of sound than mid-priced offerings from Hifiman and Audeze, and only got a 7.7 rating.

i.imgur.com/W7hz3rh.png

In a separate study:

>The very highest end STAX ($4000 SR-009) was rated lower in blind tests than a $200 K701

aes.org/e-lib/browse.cfm?elib=17441

Download the PDF of the study at: mega.nz/#F!3MFm1DrD!4GlU_vNtEeF148kZcQ05wA

To add insult to overpriced injury, they have shitty plastic build quality that you would expect on cheap chinkshit headphones:

youtube.com/watch?v=Bf38cKJ6NBc

Oratory (respected sound engineer) on the build:

i.imgur.com/Dru4gzZ.png

Even best Stax headphones sound objectively worse than mid-fi. This is why they don't demo them in store, they rely on the internet to create a sense of mystique around STAX and shill it as the endgame because its expensive, Asian, rare and obscure. In reality its no bass sounding garbage, with shrill highs that appeal only to near-deaf boomers.

Attached: Stax vs Airpods.png (900x1078, 110K)

>no bass

Attached: STAX audiophoolery.png (1312x783, 548K)

It's called a mixer, user.

Is it possible to hook up my new DAC (for speakers) with a headphone DACAMP I already have? I'm new to this so I have no idea what the optimal set up would be. I'd prefer to have my new DAC funnel its data straight into my headphone's DACAMP, if that makes any sense.

what’s floor user?

he's an autist who has posted on this thread daily for years, here's one of his posts he is in the threads around 12 hours per day having conversations with himself and samefagging his own posts but also just shitting up the thread and arguing over dumb shit in a very angry way

he's called floor user because he has several thousand dollars worth of audio gear that he spams pictures of but no furniture at all, he just lives on the floor

Jow Forums do I get the pair I've been looking at for a while now? Anyone here used the Xfade Codex?

Attached: 2019-03-03_16-02-21.png (505x707, 270K)

imagine not owning Stax

Thank you. Something like this looks like exactly what I need. I'll do more research.

Attached: file.png (1500x1139, 1.46M)

Thank you for avoiding the cowposting, OP.
>fuck mikufag

:3

Attached: 1548036066745.jpg (600x828, 93K)

I’m thinking about Stax

me 2

If you don't think there's better sound, why are you here?

Attached: Huh180.png (480x527, 267K)

I’m only here killing time while saving up money to buy some stax

>stax
I really hope you don't fall for this stale meme.

Attached: 1533400759201.png (1420x1449, 665K)

If you suck me off I'll buy you l700

SHP9500 best gift to us from Philips.

>rtings
>L300
>still posting the same shit even when you've been called out 100 times in 100 different ways

Attached: rtings.png (901x1101, 252K)

>t. triggered stax incel

imagine not owning stax

>posting the same shit dozens of times every day because you're so angry that people like stax
ok calm down

ahahahahaha stax are literally garbage, i feel sorry for all losers who feel for the meme

tfw I feel for every meme

I come here everyday to profess my love for Stax
One day I will own a pair and it’s thanks to you

I want stax

Who wants to sniff my feet?

they are garbage

Who wants Stax?

Weeaboo incels

me

I do!

And here's me nodding to Zeos' bullshit and believing every word

I'll suck you off for a stax

Attached: Untitled.png (1295x1243, 94K)

FLOOR user!!!

who?

My hero

Based

SNIFF MY FEET

Guess what I’m thinking about guys

OH MY GOD FUCK OFF ALREADY!

nostax incel is butthurt again after being denied perfect stax feet.

>Samefagging this hard. I got no life, but, really?

Attached: Samefag.jpg (511x755, 84K)

I have a pair of L700, paired with 323S amplifier

Very balanced, extremely resolving (as you would expect from an electrostat), and 'smooth', without any harshness in the treble. Bass is good, not as 'punchy' as my HD800, but it's really clean.

I like this headphone!

Bruh

oh no his schizophrenia is getting worse

It feels like /hpg/ posters are just working for the Stax marketing team.

Nice acquisition ! Have you any comparison to any previous Lambdas heard, for sound ? Just curious.

I would take this L700 any day over HD800. There is no contest. More resolution, more exiting. And the bass is actually BETTER than HD800 after repeated listening (hours went by as I enjoyed it too much). Sub bass is phenomenal. The midrange is smooth, ever so slightly recessed or may be its the recording. If you like being enveloped in incredible sonic information and still have great tonality, this is it. The presentation is not 'natural' in the sense that one normally wouldn't hear so much detail in live concerts. I recommend STAXs sold state amplifier for this headphone. No need for a tube to euphonize the sound.

Get a life. Go outside. Start drinking. Drive off a cliff.
>samefag

How was the soundstage in comparison to the HD800? The 507 and other Lambdas I used to have sounded really boxed in.

Attached: 1536437018189.jpg (694x696, 173K)

As someone who listened to the HD 800 and L700 this is pretty accurate. Although I don't know yet if I would prefer one or the other, they seem like they have different use cases. Which I would need to test further.

sniff my stax feet now.

sniff my sweaty balls first

The absolute fucking state of this "general." Please find something other than STAX and Sennheiser to talk about. I'll see you all next month.

I am a relative newcomer to Stax and electrostatics, what would be the best intro setup?

>t. seething

srs 3100 or srs 2170

floor user wins again lol

Anybody have a Sony WH1000XM3 and have buyer's remorse?

Local store has them for $87 off and I'm debating getting some for commuting to work and breaks.

since hearing Stax I have buyers remorse for EVERY prior headphone purchase. They are just that good

what

>t.foaming.
Don't make me drop a bomb and prove it.

take your meds

B
U
Y

S
T
A
X

Good. Where are you located?

Stax?

fun /hpg/ fact: floor user has never produced a timestamp, ever.

Chinabro here. I need some FUCKEN IEMs that aren't shit. I don't think i want to go the STAX route since there are almost no reviews on them.

Is this with or without EQ? HD800S is amazing after EQ.

sorry this is Stax general

>still buying STAX in 2019
>not learning that they're shit back in 2004 when the Internet became widespread

3100. I’m hovering over the buy now button

STAX is better than sex. Anyone who isn't purchasing at least one, preferably several different models, is missing out big time.

Its a no brainer.

>STAX
Tinny and thin sounding.

that's how I feel unironically

>pls go away

Attached: 1440510407391.png (905x734, 488K)

I've had the L700 and D50 in my cart with my details entered and my mouse hovering over the confirm button multiple times now

>PS - this guy has got 4 different VPNs and will change them instantly. Starting to believe this is paid for.

Why did you post a cropped image OP?

STAX basically is like a blow job for your ears. Its just so inherently feel good to listen to STAX, that's why people are willing to spend so much money on it without even auditioning. Once you go STAX you don't go back.

STAX sound boring and lifeless.

Actually, STAX are the first headphone that instantly sounded "right" to me; similar enough to the way real instruments sound that I had no major complaints. And I am very picky, since I've been a musician since the early '00s. My general reaction to non-electrostatic headphones (even the best ones) is that they may sound good, but in the end, they sound totally fake to me and not transparent at all. I guess for those who don't have a lot of experience listening to real instruments and are more used to the presentation that typical headphones give them, they could need more time to get used to the fidelity of electrostats.

Anyone have Campfire Audio Andromeda or Vega? I'm seeing great reviews for them.

iems are gay

I need something for work and for when I can't fuck my hair up.

>9
They are light and comfortable on the head.
The imaging is natural and spacious. The sound is the most perfect of any transducer I've ever heard, and I've heard Wilson Audio, Focal Utopias, and numerous electrostatics in systems costing nearly a million dollars. Stax are simply better and sound more live and transparent, at least to me. They are very, very fast, detailed...even micro-detailed. But they do this in a very smooth and natural way which is not prone to causing listening fatigue. The finest treble and midrange available. Very good bass. Very good dynamics. But I must say, the Audeze LCD-3 fazor headphones, which I also own, are just a little bit better in terms of dynamics and bass for a lot less. But the Audeze is not nearly as good as the Stax in terms of transparency and natural sound.

The Stax are thus very smooth, neutral, articulate beyond belief, dynamic, and an open clear window for any well done recording. Simply put STAX is the one you want to buy if you are looking to drop big on a headphone, don't even look at anything else.

change your haircut a man shouldn't be so prissy

actually stax sound like shit
stop samefagging

Or I can just use good IEMs.

no such thing