Mac shit, not even once, bro

Mac shit, not even once, bro

Attached: macshit.png (608x294, 40K)

Other urls found in this thread:

ambrevar.xyz/guix-advance/index.html
stallman.org/spotify.html
oracle.com/technetwork/database/database-technologies/macos/documentation/index.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>pay money to back up your files to Applel's servers
>not only do they not have a backup, but they somehow delete your local copy

Attached: iTODDLERS BTFO.gif (500x500, 256K)

Attached: mpv-shot0016.jpg (1920x1080, 246K)

based

Attached: 1549512693449.webm (720x404, 2.97M)

This isn't even new.

Attached: 1543765568916.png (704x783, 227K)

Isn’t this how iTunes Match works? It uploads your music into the cloud to make it accessible anywhere then deletes local copies. Should have read the user agreement.

based!

Is that the default?? Who the fuck would use that shit?

This is now a satania thread

Attached: 1546697712860.jpg (690x720, 77K)

Attached: 1547862099580.jpg (895x1315, 663K)

>now

Attached: 1546864310936.png (1164x2048, 1.41M)

yuuuuup seen it happen first-hand, you gotta pay a dollar per song through itunes
well not anymore, now there's spotify and music piracy is pretty dead
for the record streaming music existed long before spotify (ie. grooveshark and whatever else there was)

Attached: 8967aa6.jpg (693x1200, 286K)

Anybody who isn't using Deezloader is an absolute cuckold

Attached: 1546726644764.jpg (1000x1000, 182K)

Well before Grooveshark. Nullsoft (Winamp) had Shoutcast and there were a couple clones of that. Go to OnlineRadioWebsite.com and click on 128kbps.pls link (if you had a connection that wasn't ass) and listen away.

I think Soma.FM is one of the few old stations still going strong after all these years. Groove Salad is a great station for chillout beats. Last I looked DigitalGunfire was still streaming for all the rivethead industrial fans. They're pretty fucking old now too.

The same thing happened to me when I used Owncloud.

How are plebs this retarded, it asks you on setup if youd like to enable cloud says something along the lines of
>icloud backup will help save storage by backing up your files and removing them from your system

>and music piracy is pretty dead
Uhm, how about no

You're just saving your files wrong

>t. Tim Cock

Give it back, Jamal

No, it didn't, coping macfag.

Yes it did faggot. There was an issue upgrading Owncloud on my server. The date on my synced devices was deleted too. Also, Macs belong in the trash.

*Data

>2019
>Using a Mac
Why?

It's Unix, that's why.

Install Ubuntu or Mint on it then and call it a day

GNU's Not Unix.

macos is the best os

What a MAC can do that Ubuntu can't besides specialized software? Nothing
I really fail to see the appeal of Apple in this day of age and I own 2 Apple devices, Mac Pro 2,1 (paid 60$) and iPhone 4S (gift)

No, not at all

That's a bad thing.

Do you mean Mac or MAC? Two different things. I like macOS because it is Unix. That is why I and most companies use it.

t. C\:> pajeet

>Mac Pro 2,1
I need to ask you two things:
1. What OS are you running?
2. Are you running an Apple-branded GPU or generic on it? Can you still choose boot options with a generic GPU (despite no boot screen)

Take the redpill.
ambrevar.xyz/guix-advance/index.html

Apple's Mac. Companies buy this by prestige

Ubuntu 18.10, there's no Apple GPU, it came with a Nvidia GeForce 7300GT (dead)
No boot option, gotta wait about 30 seconds for a White screen that confirm there's image output
I plan to upgrade the Mac to 2x Xeon X5365, 64GB RAM and a 1660ti later

>why do you need so much local storage?
>just backup to the cloud, its so much more convenient

In other words, why iOS instead of "Ubuntu"?
Is that because you need specific software?

iOS is a mobile operating system not found on Macs.
Yes, I need Unix and a support contract. Apple is by far the best for this, that is why most companies go with Apple.

They never learn

Attached: 1551375820485.jpg (634x634, 55K)

>like the idea of OSX/MacOS/whatever you fags call this shit now
>Is literally a retard proof DE
>All the drawbacks of hardware and and software restrictions it comes with end up nullifying the retard proof shit
>Expected to pay a premium for shit that can fuck up indefinitely with minimal way to unfuck it because of said restrictions
>Unless you pay to have it """fixed""" by apple bar cunts that don't even do basic shit
It has a good look and a good GUI but there is no reason to use it if you're expected to pay that premium and get your ass fucked for using it

I'll stick to whatever flavor of the month Linux I can find and will does vista. We should be long past these fucking issues and yet here we are

Attached: file.jpg (2048x1536, 729K)

As well as vista*
This is what I get for being a dirty phoneposter

Attached: 1517711654986.jpg (731x620, 196K)

>OSX/MacOS/whatever you fags call this shit now
It's macOS. Since there is not going to be an OS XI/11 there is no point in continuing to refer to the OS as OS X (said as the number ten, not as the letter x).

Shut up nigger I still remember OS/2 being barand fuckin new and I'm not going to sit here and follow whatever apples dumb naming convention is because they change it so many times
Windows at least has the consistency of still retaining "Windows" at the absolute least

>now there's spotify and music piracy is pretty dead
Spotify is botnet.
stallman.org/spotify.html

OS/2 has nothing to do with Apple. They have changed it once in the last 18 years and it still has Mac in it, just like Windows has Windows in their names.

The point is I've been around a while. I'm not inclined to keep track of whatever name they choose if they keep changing it. Every single fucking OS except for the shit they dish out has consistency in their naming.

Go be a faggot elsewhere

>The point is I've been around a while.
Then you should be used to names changing.
>I'm not inclined to keep track of whatever name they choose if they keep changing it.
Stupid is as stupid does.
>Every single fucking OS except for the shit they dish out has consistency in their naming.
Apple is just as consistent as Microsoft.

SMLoadr exists though

> Unix
You have ten minutes to explain why do you need a UNIX OS, certified and branded by the Open Group and why *nix-like OS with GNU extensions isn't the right fit.

>*nix
Why are you censoring Unix? Or is this how you say Unix, Minix, and... Linix? It's Linux, tard. With a U.
I need Unix for compatibility reasons. Sorry, but hobbyist OSs like GNU don't cut it when it comes to actual work.

It's like Linux but without the constant tech problems basically.

> Why are you censoring Unix?
> tard
Look who's talking. kek.
> compatibility reasons
POSIX is POSIX, whether it's MacOS or Linux.
> actual work
You haven't provided any examples except parroting "muh serious business".

I feel no sympathy for him. That's what you get for buying overpriced toys that actively cuck you.

Back to your shitting street iJeet.

Attached: 1541295023652.jpg (643x960, 255K)

>Look who's talking. kek.
Well, what do you mean by *nix? Only a few operating systems end in "nix". Linux doesn't. BSD has nothing like it at all. They're both Unix-like.
>POSIX is POSIX, whether it's MacOS or Linux.
Linux is a kernel. It isn't POSIX, since it has no userland.
>You haven't provided any examples except parroting "muh serious business".
You have never worked in software developement, then.
I thought we banned you, winjeet. Are you here to out yourself as not knowing what POSIX is again? I can't believe you didn't even know that macOS is Unix.

Attached: 1520236097163.png (1245x852, 106K)

lol. You are really retarded. Please explain to me why macOS is not POSIX complaint and why it isn't Unix. Go ahead, explain your reasoning. Try not to implicate every Unix and Unix-like OS this time.

> Well, what do you mean by *nix
Jeezsuz lol, pls continue.
> Linux is a kernel. It isn't POSIX
Kernel syscalls provide POSIX compatibility. OK.
> You have never worked in software developement, then
> STILL no actual examples
Of course I didn't :^) Please continue to educate me :^)

>Jeezsuz lol, pls continue.
Yawn.
>Kernel syscalls provide POSIX compatibility. OK.
Retard. You have never worked with Linux before.
>Of course I didn't :^) Please continue to educate me :^)
Ok, you are also fat and ugly.

So, to summarize:
- I work with MacOS because it's Unix and I need certified Unix for my job and I won't tell you why, because:
- You never had any real work anyway, and never worked in the field of software development, and your fat and ugly.
The only excuse for these "arguments" is your age, but then you aren't allowed to post here.

based

If you're going to try to use a non-POSIX OS for programming you will never get anything done. If you're going to use a Unix clone like GNU then you will also never get anything done. macOS is really the only suitable OS for work.

POO IN LOO

Attached: 1531556587242.jpg (622x888, 185K)

le epic

the cheapest USB pendrive around 100gb i've found is a Sandisk with 128gb plus USB 3.0 for 23 bucks on Amazon. I really don't pity this guy, the poorest and probably quickest way possible to backup your shit yourself with a fucking pendrive which gets shipped in like 24 hours to your fucking door would have saved his arse, instead he chose to trust a cloud which just has to malfunction considering that millions use that service at some point, at some day, for some random stranger, and he was that guy. He deserved it.

Both assumptions are wrong, since:
- code can be written in any OS. I'd even argue that most IDEs are available on Windows. Now, compilation and deployment is different, but there are test servers for that, and I really doubt your target platform is Mac, unless it's iOS/MacOS development - but you never even mentioned that, hiding behind the abstract "real work" disambiguation.
- test/deployment servers are either Windows or Linux and not MacOS. Macs can only be used as clients, provided they have necessary tools, and in many cases, they don't. Take Oracle, for example. oracle.com/technetwork/database/database-technologies/macos/documentation/index.html - they've abandoned the platform, but still develop for Linux. At best, your dev platform will be available for both Linux and MacOS, like it happened with Docker.

>code can be written in any OS. I'd even argue that most IDEs are available on Windows. Now, compilation and deployment is different, but there are test servers for that
You have never tried to write anything on Windows, have you? Unless you're doing some .NET garbage then nothing works on Windows, no libraries, no tools, nothing works properly.
>test/deployment servers are either Windows or Linux and not MacOS. Macs can only be used as clients
That is just totally false. I've worked in more companies that used macOS server than Windows server.
>Oracle
Why would I care what Oracle does? Irrelevant and have contributed nothing in the grand scheme of things.

Some people are just too stupid to even use Apple products.

Thanks for confirming you're a jobless iPajeet that's never held a job.

Attached: 1535106803810.jpg (252x251, 30K)

Good argument. Why are Wintoddlers so retarded? Or are you offended about the truth I've stated of Oracle? Shill.

see

You don't even know what Unix is, winjeet. Just stop posting here. You get BTFO every time.

see

You haven't explained why you think macOS isn't Unix or POSIX compliant yet, winjeet. Are you afraid?

see

yeah i bought an ipod after my friend convinced me in 2004.
the auto sync shit destroyed half of my music collection, and you weren't allowed upload from the pod to the computer without 3rd party software.
proud to say i've never bought a mac product since then. they think they own all your data and it looks like that philosophy hasn't changed.

Imagine climbing into her shoe haha

>he fell for the cloud meme

Attached: 48380969_10218082929804224_2313493454069432320_n.jpg (464x618, 24K)

>stallman.org/spotify.html
Please tell me this whole site is a fucking satire

Attached: 1545576356478.jpg (1139x792, 326K)

>streaming music
>good
lmao what an idiot

>has 100GB of files that require a backup
>doesn't create a local backup
>doesn't setup versioned backups with smart rotation
>syncs it all to a single cloud provider instead of 2
>syncs bidirectionally so the local files get deleted when there's an issue with the cloud provider

Attached: 1524280937560.jpg (1080x1080, 87K)

>music piracy is pretty dead

Attached: 1509631023761.png (466x492, 187K)

I am running ubuntu on my macbook

GTFO zoomer. Disprove any of his points instead of throwing a denial fit.

Cloud storage is for retards

It's a cult, that's the cult leaders/highprincess's website. So not satire technically.

iCloud is possibly one of the worst cloud services out there. Not even surprised.

at least Dropbox lists "events"...

> few days ago
> father uses Dropbox
> tells me all his work is gone (one big folder)
> wut.jpg
> check if he removed it
> it's not in events
> there are various weird copies all around Dropbox, but none of them has recent changes in it
> ask if he did something
> nope
> find the folder in Shared folders
> turns out he left the shared folder. upon rejoining, everything was back.

it was not shared with anyone, but like this, you can "exit" sharing real quick..

Trust the cloud, get blown the fuck out.

>puts files in "the cloud" (read: someone else's computer)
>complains when he gets btfo

>cloud

Attached: yikes.jpg (1150x720, 163K)

That's why I'm a sound engineer with a windows.

There is some point to this, but arguably if you rsync or git update from the cloud, you also don't expect that to delete all files.

Of course wise men have a local backup, too.

Truly wise men don't upload to "da cloud" anyway.
At least not someone else's.

>music piracy is pretty dead
ever heard of soulseek?

Streaming music existed a VERY long time before Spotify. It's been a thing literally since the late 90s

>XNU kernel
>Recursive abbreviation meaning XNU (is) Not Unix
Dude, I'm a Mac user and even I know that the whole POSIX bullshit was just a marketing ploy and they BOUGHT their certification and that MacOS is at best Unix-LIKE and not actual Unix. Notice that after Steve Jobs died no one from Apple pushes that angle anymore. It was a lame push to get software developers to buy in until they realized software development isn't "sexy" or glamorous and they stopped giving a shit about people like you.

wew lad.