Fell for learn to code meme

>fell for learn to code meme

Attached: 1547709990836.jpg (1000x1000, 174K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=wonD5qWVu8k
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Maybe if the boomers didn't allow Jews to import masses of shitskins into the country it'd be easier to find a job

As a very bluepilled business professor of mine once said...

>DO YA OWN THANG!

He's right; you will never be truely satisfied with what you do unless you are calling the shots.

glad I didn't fall for the programmer meme, I can't fathom how fucking boring it would be to create a program for something I don't have any interest like a shop/selling thing or whatever

I would probably not even be able to take higher education in the 50s so fuck you too OP

i forget the exact numbers but ~75% of shitskins imported into the US are on welfare

kek, you should learn copywriting, user. Jew people and learn how to sell.

>i'm a 100 iq retard. luckily i can get accepted into university today because the curriculum has been dumbed-down to the lowest common denominigger

increase in population and ruined the job market. Also the doubling of the workforce also ruined wages for everyone... Thanks (((women)))

giving women the vote was a grievous error

Attached: 1536341892654.jpg (2860x3644, 1.12M)

So far, I've gotten as far as Stage 5 on that bottom panel.
Always trying my best to get that first job.
Like Leigh Hart said, "Confidence Confidence Confidence, you bastard!"
youtube.com/watch?v=wonD5qWVu8k

>tips fedora
>out of our secret club and back to the kitchen m'lady xD
>*dabs*
go back to your upboat containment forum or r9k or something

Attached: nothow.png (500x500, 85K)

what jobs? the jobs that haven't been off-shored to shitholes like india?

Attached: 1551423889057.jpg (1020x680, 317K)

feminist cancer: the post

The code isn't hard. The logic gets ya.

lowest common denominigger detected

What a fucking woosh holy shit

Attached: 1534249316403.png (1364x1788, 2.06M)

there are almost 0 women in the top echelons of intelligence

Attached: 1525913696456.jpg (1008x343, 42K)

post feminine benis

If you can code (which I can't) then go into game modifications. A lot of good programmers were picked up by big studios simply by creating a successful mod.

> that wai..

Fuck off dick. Vidya is all coding and technology. Belongs in Jow Forums too.

>hurr durr that is bullshit.

Shut up dick. League of legends, DOTA 2, Counterstrike were all mods at first.

Any questions?

Attached: video game haters.png (4533x2550, 1.72M)

>Any questions?
when are non/counter-productive roasts going to be booted from tech and, especially, games?

Attached: 1524084971094.jpg (1400x814, 446K)

I was thankfully done with programming by the time I turned 25. Took me two years of working in that industry to realize it had no future. Well, not a good one anyway.

That said, engineering and tech hasn't been a good choice since the 50's. Even my parents knew that you HAD to move to management in the 70's and 80's in engineering or some new grad would replace you. There just aren't enough jobs for people anymore. There havn't been for around 80 years now.

so what do you do now?

so glad my teachers pounded that into my head from day 1: every year a new class graduates and you will get churned if you're not in upper management.

I work contract jobs in Alaska and Antarctica. Considering finance or law.

>proof

Attached: funtimes.jpg (4160x3120, 2.47M)

Really good question user!

>When they are faced with 18 hour day crunch times. Non unionized labor and when they get fired and a bad reputation in the industry, they will end up as someone administrative assistant.

>when they watch the studio that they worked so hard in close down after releasing a so-so game.

>when nobody buys their crappy politically correct SJW game.

>when they understand that gaming isn't glamorous and talking smart, writing kitschy articles is not going to make them money.

Attached: PhotoFunia-d8c49ae.jpg (600x480, 100K)

>excluding internships
Oh no no no. wtf do I do when I graduate?

Attached: 1536328169782.jpg (350x350, 26K)

that's cute, why don't you worry about yourself fgt

Sounds pretty shit.
>law
lol

just masturbate like the rest of us

fucking this
People make a huge fucking mistake by turning their hobbies into professions. Coding as a hobby is so diametrically different from coding as a profession.

Unless you , but that applies to anything really.

Stay in your cul-de-sac then. I've seen things you......people wouldn't believe.
>law
yeah the 150k average starting salary for patent lawyers with STEM degrees is really lol-worthy.

I got a job after 5 45 minute interviews, none of which were with HR. I don't know what the fuck your problem is.

how would one go about getting a job at antarctica?

apply with the companies pae and gsc. apply for everything and apply often. You'll need to pass a whole battery of physical health tests too.

what's the woman situation like? hopefully there are none. i couldn't imagine being stuck with a complaining bleeding cunt in an expeditionary environment

>yeah the 150k average starting salary for patent lawyers with STEM degrees is really lol-worthy.
Lower than starting programmer salary if you're good.
Opportunity cost of law school and bimodal income distribution makes it risky unless you can guarantee big law position by getting into harvard, yale, etc or having connections.
Same amount of time and effort a programmer would be making 300k.

I thought this pic was a meme until I started looking for work

>Recent grad position
>Associate position
>Jr position

>2-5 years of experience required!
Ahhhhh

Attached: 1531142000177.png (480x406, 55K)

>yeah the 150k average starting salary for patent lawyers with STEM degrees is really lol-worthy.
lol

>150k average starting salary for patent lawyers with STEM degrees
that's garbage

>what's the woman situation like? hopefully there are none. i couldn't imagine being stuck with a complaining bleeding cunt in an expeditionary environment
I saw a documentary years ago about people working in Antarctica. They are all bluepilled AF. It was like a friggin' communal 1960s hippy colony.

lol you're going to love this part then.
its probably about 3-1 to 4-1 male. Its the same thing every year. New batch of people come in, the women's standards shoot through the roof, so have fun with that.

There was an expression down there, you don't come to antarctica to get laid, you come to antarctica for the stories that will get you laid.

Other than that it is pretty great. It also really depends on what you do. You might work in the galley and have a generally shit time, or you might be a mechanic and work on the south pole traverse. I'd trust my life to my team down there.

t. high school advisors

this is also somewhat accurate. It can be pretty hippy-ish, but there is a very, very heavy trades, blue collar, no bullshit component there too.

>being in denial
Going CS -> law makes no sense unless you fucking hatre programming or are dying to be a politician or something.

Attached: 1548081009273.jpg (1000x1000, 316K)

>the women's standards shoot through the roof, so have fun with that.
i'm married. i don't want to work with women because i've worked with women and i know what they're like. they do not belong in the workforce

white people are lazy they want high salary for less work then we have foreigner trying to make a life in that country who are better in what they are doing

>salary: competitive
This cracked me up, best part

Attached: 1536452474140.png (1008x709, 715K)

>When you see it

Attached: At First...But Then...Shock.gif (406x342, 4K)

Attached: 1532851690376.png (567x376, 164K)

if you're not worried about getting puss puss then you'll have a great time.

>he tihnks law is all defense wannabes and public prosecutors
Its ok dude, you chose your low value, easily replaceable career, I ducked out of that when I saw what way the winds were headed. Have fun locking yourself in, get back to me when you are 50 and tell me how it works out.

t. pajeet

WEST ASIANS ARENT FUNNY WEST ASIANS ARENT FUNNY WEST ASIANS ARENT FUNNY

Have fun wasting time and not making partner lol.

>get back to me when you are 50 and tell me how it works out.
I'll be enjoying my retirement the same way I have done for the past 20 years.

>literal boomer

Attached: 1549543329898.jpg (1200x893, 165K)

anyone taking advice from a boomer deserves their fate.

Attached: 67a.jpg (640x646, 64K)

>patent lawyer

Is that particular branch of law something that interests you, something you identified as having the best "easy to get into/decent salary" ratio, or both?

>not knowing anything about law but bashing it anyway

tell me more about your party days back in college, epic fucking boomer trash. Goddamn I hate you people.

both. That said I am also considering finance, architecture, surveying and GIS.

The software dev market is oversaturated. Colleges have been dumping CS majors for over a decade on the market with promises of ezmoney and safe career. Kodingcamps have been sending shitcoders out to run and gun consulting jobs before the maintenance comes due. Even people with experience are having trouble moving around.

NYC has been an obnoxious experience as both a seeker and interviewer. On the interview side, I've seen people chuck candidates just because they had a hunch it wouldn't work out even though they survived the white boarding. On the other side, having to fluff up the resume to get past HR is one thing. Then you have companies with such ill-defined roles that even they don't seem to know what they're hiring for. Then you have people looking for the perfect candidate in a nonsense tech stack (something like linux kernal development and AI experience).

Attached: 1418001883434.jpg (604x397, 36K)

shut up retard

Is the NYC market for CS really this bad? I've heard mixed things personally, but that DC is much better/stronger job wise.

If her fingers are on the keyboard then who was phone.

If you can get in with the one of the banks, you have a safe bet. Problem with that is that it is next to impossible unless you know somebody or make a great impression doing support work. Even then, banks like JP Morgan will have massively ill-defined roles. BofA will intentionally leave its IT crew understaffed. A lot of them make their software guys work real banker's hours (6am-9pm) despite doing fuckall for productivity. Then you have the shysters and their "statups" trying to get rich quick off of meme shit. Wasn't more than a few years ago there was a flood of "blockchain" companies threatening to turn the world upside down; now it's all about the AI.

Heard the Connecticut market has been a lot more sensible.

Attached: 1450845197215.png (277x210, 96K)

My future is so uncertain

Damn, can't say I'm all that surprised it's like this though. This whole region is going to fucking shit. This is partly why I was pissed Amazon pulled out of NYC.

Attached: gopro.jpg (640x640, 52K)

What region isn't going to shit, though?

Good question, but I've heard Californias economy is fucking booming despite being a leftist shithole. The tristate area is just fucking terrible though, high taxes overbearing government and horrible economy with shit job market. Everyone in stem eventually moves out of the area.

better than falling for most memes. i fell for the humanities meme. ouch
>doubling of the workforce also ruined wages for everyone
it doesn't work like that. it did however ruin the ability of a nuclear family to even exist

if you think the market is oversaturated you need to move
>NYC
you're either retarded or just pitiably clueless
get the fuck out of there, away from the sociopaths who deserve to be in NYC and LA where they belong

>Good question, but I've heard Californias economy is fucking booming despite being a leftist shithole.

If only you knew the first thing about economics. You would understand that California is a leftist because its economy is booming.

Trying to imply women's suffrage as a primary cause for debt inflation is retarded. There's lots of shit that happened besides that which caused the increase.

>lower than starting programmer
lmao at this commiefornia retard

How long is this image going to circulate in Jow Forums

You can earn that in Pittsburgh or Houston. People in California earn 200k starting.

yea, and spend over half of that on rent
at least that's what I gather from these threads

Small brain: Computer science as a lifelong career
Big brain: Computer science major so you can move somewhere relevant and make enough money to fund your actual dreams

90% of H1B1 Visas are Indians working at big tech companies.

t. Work at an Indian IT company as one of the few (White) Americans.

>move somewhere relevant
elaborate more on this

and they pay 30% of that in taxes that go to the illegal shitskins' free medical care, food, and housing

>what are unfunded liabilities

If you don't move to a big city, you're asking to never get hired. Out in rural country, the only tech jobs are senior positions. In the cities, you can almost always get a junior job. I moved to Seattle just for this purpose and I landed a real enterprise gig 9 months later. I majored in econ too.

Still have well over six figures left over. Stay mad.

Amazon pulling out of NYC was a massive blow to the tech industry as they were one of the few actual tech companies in the area. Most of NYC is just finance and advertising jobs that HAPPEN to have tech involved. Even philly has more straight up software jobs, shit is so embarrassing.

AvE finally shows his face

>paying over $100k on rent
Loving these silicon valley memes.

Attached: 1512711822270.jpg (766x720, 71K)

>Still have well over six figures left over.
but you have to live in commiefornia. i wouldn't move there for 300k. keeping my guns. good luck against the brown hordes when the welfare dries up due to unfunded liabilities

I'll be living out my retirement somewhere else by then.

Good. I don't want to have to move to NYC after it becomes the next "tech haven". Fuck living in that trash town.

ah i misunderstod then. What's your dream then, just curious

That's the truth unless you get a head start, the only reason I've got a comfy job right now is because I have 7+ years coding, 5+ years working as a dev and haven't graduated yet.

Local jobs are shit but working as a remote consultant is comfy af and pays better if you live in a shit cheap country, many of my graduating friends can't find a job because pic related and my already graduated mates earn what I do after taxes even with a fancy title, internship experience and working as corporate suits.

Attached: slimmodafuq.jpg (650x362, 44K)

The companies with a retardedly complex hiring process are doing you a favor. When I talk with people about jobs, I make sure to ask what the hiring process is. If there's multiple rounds of interviews for an entry level or junior position, I decline outright, and you should too.

I wasn't him. I was just elaborating on why you can't live in bum fuck nowhere and expect to get a good job.

This for starters.

NYC is such a shit hole it's not even funny. I can't stand those faggots who brag about being from there or living there.

>someone recommended me to move to nyc
was he memeing bros

What is wrong with them? Have you ever noticed New Yorkers can't shut the fuck about NYC. I always notice movies that take places in New York also share that dichotomy. There's "NYC" and "Not-NYC" (aka New York state or New Jersey). Dirty ass streets, no breathing room, insanely high rents, shitty weather (at least it's warm 24/7 in San Francisco). The only good thing there is the pizza and honestly pizza ain't that complicated.

a buddy of mine is living the meme: he does finance/statistics for some firm, works remotely. he has some land in rural wyoming and lives there alone. he has to fly out to the office about twice a year for big meetings. he pays through the nose for good internet out there, but otherwise he's living the fucking dream, i am so jealous.

paranoid schizophrenic cope

Jow Forums, where everyone is a genius computer programmer working in the highest cost of living cities in the country making hundreds of thousands of dollars a year, classic

>works remotely
I can say that you get that after getting a few years under your belt. Nobody will trust a junior with remote work.