What's the best e-reader to hack/jailbreak/whatever and pirate books?

What's the best e-reader to hack/jailbreak/whatever and pirate books?
Also, are there any colored e-readers for comics?

Attached: Reading_on_the_bus_train_or_transit.jpg (1920x2560, 699K)

Other urls found in this thread:

pcmag.com/news/334440/how-to-put-free-ebooks-on-your-amazon-kindle
amazon.com/gp/feature.html?ie=UTF8&docId=1000765211
encyclopediadramatica.rs/Bookz
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Just use your fucking phone you massive turbo nerd.

I beg your pardon, it's African-american e-readers you Hitler KKK!

You don't need to jailbreak a device to 'sideload' content.

i havent purchased a single ebook and my kindle paperwhite has a shit ton of books on it

I thought most e-readers were locked down so you couldn't side load shit?

Where do you get them from and how do you get them on your Kindle?
I figured that Amazon would be proprietary about the file format for Kindles, like Apple is with so many things.

Kobo can read everything even Mobi.

Is Mobi what comics use?
I wish Kobo had a colored e-reader, but it seems like the only devices with colored e-ink screens were those one Pebble watches.

No, you retard, you just drag and drop them with no problems

pcmag.com/news/334440/how-to-put-free-ebooks-on-your-amazon-kindle

For the Kindle, all you do is convert your book to epub and send it as an attachment to your Kindle email.
I have shitloads of books I got that way.

mobi, rather

they're not, not even the kindles

nice.

Bump, also interested
Any cheap chinkshit alternatives? I dont want to read my textbooks on my computer anymore.

Attached: 1548027513053.jpg (3200x2400, 2.8M)

I've got a Kobo Aura One with KOReader installed. Works great, but takes way too much battery with the backlight on, so use a reading lamp.

This.
If you are so poor that you can't afford the e-books, you basically just plug it into your computer and drop them on it.

I don't understand all that Kindle hate.

Just use calibre, can convert to kindle formats (mobi)
has cli support if you like that

I have a kindle (not paperwhite), would it be possible to rip it open and expand the storage or something

>Where do you get them from
You download them.
>and how do you get them on your Kindle?
Jesus fucking Christ do you actually fail to grasp the concept of a storage device?
>I figured that Amazon would be proprietary about the file format for Kindles
They literally have a command line tool available for download on their website that converts other file formats to MOBI, as well as just plain supporting some of them.
All of this could be learned after twenty seconds spent on a search engine of your choosing.
amazon.com/gp/feature.html?ie=UTF8&docId=1000765211

I have a kobo aura one special edition, with 32gb, which is enough space for all of the books I could ever read.
If I had to purchase now, I would get the Kobo Forma, because the thin side bezels on the aura one make it a pain in the ass to hold with one hand

>Also, are there any colored e-readers for comics?
No.

Check out the kobo aura one its one of the best ereaders out I'm saving up for one. Not sure if you can jailbreak it but you don't really to like with a kindle. Most new kindles need to be he nodded to jailbreak as well you gotta solder on a UART connector and do some shit

Most the kindle hate is for the lack of file formats supported, if you jailbreak it you can install koreader though. The standard kindles have a stupidly low resolution which makes them terrible for manga also

did someone say "pirate"?

Attached: shiver me triggers.jpg (552x591, 22K)

Why do you need to hack or jailbreak an e-reader? You can put on it whatever you want, and don't need internet on it.. Or are Kobo e-readers the only decent ones?

If you live in Germany you can get a tolino and jailbreak it, they run android with a custom launcher
If you live elsewhere get a Kobo and fuck around with it's linux OS
Also forget about reading mango or comics, get a tablet for that purpose. e-readers don't have enough contrast

subtle
nice

get a Likebook Mars.

Cheat on your homie, that's how you get a hizzead

This thing looks neat

no that's okay, i'll just convert whatever i download using calibre and format it for my ereader while i'm at it, no 'jailbreaking' needed, thanks.

>If you are so poor that you can't afford the e-books
I refuse to pay nearly or exactly the same sum of money for a digital distribution of a book and a paperback.

i have one, it owns

encyclopediadramatica.rs/Bookz

posting this for all the underage zoomers who might not know

Get Pocketbook, if you can. It supports all the basic stuff plus txt, rtf and docx. Audio books too. It's an essential combo for a book pirate.
I use it for reading some light reports, too. Saves me some paper and the effort of printing.

Attached: IMG_20190305_001346.jpg (3456x4608, 3.25M)

What's the battery life like on it? The fact that it runs Android is pretty appealing.

Android tablet for textbooks. eInk readers are too slow/low res.

There's one company that makes a huge eInk android tablet, but it's running android 6.

Holy shit what a great patch. I remember that video like it was yesterday. Good times.

>Also, are there any colored e-readers for comics?
Colored e-ink is still in its infancy and is in no way ready for consumer electronics

reading books i dont even know, feels like 40 hours or something. never actually noticed because of how long it lasted
wifi-heavy stuff is a different story, its like 6-8 hours tops

use libgen, transfer using calibre, convert books if necessary. I've heard libgen can also remove drm

sigh. The conversation was about sideloading. Why pay for books when you can just get them for free?

The kindle paperwhite is absolutely great. perfect size, and I have sideloaded 1000s of books. Anyone who bitches about it has never used one or has never heard of calibre. theres absolutely no reason to jailbreak or hack a kindle. even the file format problems people cry about are fixed by using calibre. right out of you box you can load thousands of pirated books.

kindles can read mobi

even easier. just use library genesis

just buy a tiny refurbished laptop

reading with a little laptop(by turning it sideways) is better than reading with any ebook reader or tablet

Attached: NOGIBINGO!10 #8 堀未央奈 モンキーをガマンしない! 乃木坂46の動画どこ?-[16. (1280x720, 2.79M)

braindead

Attached: IMG_20190213_093416_668.jpg (960x1200, 255K)

This is the most retarded piece of advice I've read this week.

I'd love to get a manga reader app, paperwhite would be so based for it.

It can run apks? What can you install on playstore?

I have pocketbook 632 and, i have to jailbreak it to read pirated books? Lol what, i just download what i want and read.
Therefore, which sites do you guys use for books?

>using botnet tech

Attached: 1550254809922.png (700x689, 570K)

E-books are low tier, Audio books are the future now

Attached: 1480213491997.jpg (989x716, 437K)

calibre doesnt do 100% perfect pdf's to epub. messes up small stuff sometimes that are annoying.

Anything with an internet connection is botnet tech.

I ended up buying a used Galaxy tab S. All E ink tablets I found were either: no SD card support, Android 4.x-6.x, and/or way overpriced

That pocketbook looks nice though

I mean, it can open PDFs.

I read a lot of retarded shit on Jow Forums but this might take the cake for the most autistic reply of 2019 so far.

Kobo. You just drag the koreader jailbreak onto the device.

only if you listen to them on 2x speed

>let me listen to some dipshit butchering a book just so I don't have to expend the monumental effort of actually *reading* and *paying attention*
Audiobooks only exist to allow semi-literate brainlets with crippling ADD to pretend they possess an actual intellect.

Attached: 1542850144161.jpg (581x767, 92K)

They are great for work desu.

yes, and everything i guess? it's just a black and white android device meine dudde

Imagine studying anything on network connected botnet devices and allowing foreign governments to gauge your value in society by your reading patterns, learning potential, and intelligence level, let alone making yourself vulnerable to data collectors that will store data which will eventually be made available to dictators that are going to kill your family because you read about how fascism and communism are bad.

Attached: n2lgkt2g4nlgnlkdsnl.jpg (300x255, 56K)

eink is far better than a phone screen desu

Kindle Comic Converter

I have a kobo one and I just load PDF and epub files on via USB, it's never been online. I assumed all e-readers are like that

no

Kobo e-readers are really easy to dump your epub/kpubpdf files on.

All e-readers are easy as shit, it's just a storage device where you dump the books you downloaded in the specified format. If they don't come in that format then you spend like five seconds converting them. I don't understand why noreader brainlets think readers are some sort of locked down ecosystem where you're forced to buy books online. Who spreads that kind of bullshit?

Rubbish

>I don't understand all that Kindle hate.
The same fags that demat because "you don't own what you buy". Which is solved by downloading books instead of buying them. It's like authors get money from the publishers anyway.
Some of them also thinks that it's more important to have a shelf full of book than actually reading the books you buy.

Check /lit/ sticky.
I also use a a torrent site for books in French, but honestly books are readily available.

Kobo Glo HD with Okreader with the brwnch that supports the Glo HD. almost a completely libre e-ink device woth expandible storage. I sold my Kindle 3 with 3g and got one of these.

Just buy one of those fold-able tablet phones

>pretend to read high-level technical books
>jews note you're clearly an undeveloped genius
>give you a high-paying job and a corner office
Thanks Jews!

Attached: 1545947310357.jpg (647x656, 126K)

>network connected
My Kindle has not left airplane mode since the day I purchased it.

Attached: 1547819540914.jpg (750x534, 95K)

Not all of them are equal though. The filesystem on the sony ereader I had before this one made no sense. I had to put my file in some 5 layer deep folder.

how do i compress pdf files?
tried ps2pdf but it raised size 10x
with ocr i got 20x savings but it is really slow

Buy an eink screen, a power bank, a little keyboard and a raspberry pi and try to jam all that in the tiniest box possible

good thing my keyboard kindle doesn't have one of those

I use the one OP pictured because I got one at a thrift store for $10.
It works great so long as you convert everything to mobi with Calibre.
Battery lasts a few months in standby, and a few weeks in use.

Possible? Sure.
Possible for you? Almost assuredly not.

Gets better every release.

this is coming from someone who has owned multiple kindles,
jailbraking kindle is pointless, kindles have so little system resources that they even struggle to run jailbrake itself, also most sideloaded stuff on kindle is buggy or unstable.

I suggest you get latest kobo (8 inch version), it runs android, its the best ereader, also being able to adjust color temperature (basically from blue to orange) makes a MASSIVE difference (kindles blue screen cannot be adjusted)

>kobo touch used 29€
>nook glowlight 3 new 28€
>paperwhite 6 new 29€
which one?

just shove a fork into your eye when reading at night

If you like patches you should get into Ace Combat

fucking basket case, it's mobi, not epub, kindle can't read epub which is more popular outside of amazon

Calibre is fucking garbage at PDF because it's written by a retard Pajeet and anyone who says otherwise has never used it and is just talking out of their ass

Like you? I use it weekly, and have for years.

It's barely acceptable you like having your paragraphs ruined with extra line breaks and your images mysteriously appearing inverted. And this is only in ideal conditions where your PDF doesn't have an image layer over the text, otherwise Calibre will just shit the street and give you mangled garbage as a result. Use ABBYY PDF Transformer instead.

Attached: Screen Shot 2019-03-05 at 12.53.39 PM.png (1590x806, 533K)

I never said it was fantastic, I said it was getting better with every release.
It was beyond shit when it was first implemented.