Should I buy this piece of TECHNOLOGY for GBA emulation?

Should I buy this piece of TECHNOLOGY for GBA emulation?

Attached: gcw-zero-white.png (600x600, 1.38M)

no.
the N3DSXL is the best GBA emulation device.

The best option is to get an actual GBA and a flashcart. Second best is a 3DS, as it has GBA hardware available to VC games.

Buy a dualshock 3 and a phone holder, use any emulators for android

coolbaby rs-97 does the same shit for a fraction of the price

Most gba games are garbage though

>X Y
>B A
For fuck's sake

Everytine I had a chance to get one they were out of stock immediately just like every other open source handheld

>doesn't even have a GBA slot for actual GBA games
Basedtendo DS Lite rules supreme.

Attached: 1540727814572.gif (530x320, 312K)

Just get a bluetooth joystick for your smartphone, play everything up to psp levels.

DS Lite is truly the best thing for DS/GBA. DSi has a screen with lower PPI and shitty battery, the 3DS applies a blurry filter to games.

I even play some PSX titles on it.
It's good up to SNES and Genesis, and can play some PSX games well.
It can also run DOSBox and arcades with MAME and FBA

Attached: rs97_new.jpg?fit=1200%2C714&ssl=1.jpg (1199x714, 137K)

>buying Soulja Game knockoffs

Wish that there was a non PSP/PS Vita device that was pretty good with PS1 titles.

Just use your phone you fucking retard

Was thinking about getting a flash cart but I can't justify spending too much on gaymen when I haven't been into games in years.

just emulate it on your phone

Buy Vita for GBA/PSP/NDS/3ds emulation

lmao I have one and it's fucking trash

>Soulja Game knockoffs
>The GCW Zero
Spotted the retard.

This sucks for games that use the shoulder buttons.

Then use a controller.
See

I own one from the kikestarter. I still own an actual a320 too. Didn't know they still sold it.
I don't recommend it. If you just want to emulate gba go get something with better controls like a retromini.
Handheld emulators are shit. 10/15 years ago they were capped out at ps1 emulation. Now you pay 600 dollarydoos and get some really bad bad bad bad not good DC/64 emulation in return. It's not worth it, things haven't gotten good enough to justify that sort of money. Price has inflated 6 fold for at .5x return on speed.

No, you should free Tibet instead.

Is there something like the Hyperkin SmartBoy that's just a bluetooth controller without the cartridge slot?

Attached: Smartboy-1.jpg (800x800, 104K)

DSi has the same PPI as DS Lite. The DSi XL has lower, but this just makes pixel art DS games look better.

Now if only they made a DS Lite XL or a DSi XL with a GBA slot. GBA emulation on the DSi is complete ass, even with the DSTWO+ and its superior CPU.

You don't have to use the slot.

Well it takes up space and adds to the cost. It would also be better if wasn't designed to play only Game Boy games. Four face buttons and two shoulder buttons but in the same portrait form factor would be ideal.

mod a switch

I won't and I don't want it, moron

Then buy one of the million Bluetooth controllers out there. This one is for people who have GB cartridges.

On the 3DS, try holding down start as you launch virtual console games. It'll launch the game to scale, no blur effects

But then it's tiny REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

just use your phone

Tapping on glass just feels like shit compared to buttons. No feedback for when your finger drifts away from the button either.

Do this.

Attached: 61ckbyoSFML._SX569_.jpg (569x569, 28K)

Does it close into a reasonable handheld?

you know they make controllers for your phone right

Yes and it's always some awkward off-balance feeling clusterfuck that I have to fuck with to get it together and then apart again so I can answer a text non awkwardly. Compare to a DS which feels balanced in the hands and opens and closes easily.

you're right pic related looks very off balanced

Attached: your right.jpg (1315x1000, 175K)

That's better than the ones that hold your phone above the controller, but it still looks like a janky fit that's going to feel wobbly unless it's specifically designed for that one phone model.

I was going to get this but I'm going to save my money for the pyra handheld

buying a device for emulation is a terrible idea, the best way to dothat is to get an emulator for you phone or for your pc, turst me it makes things alot easier. But if you want to have an authentic experience thats exactly to the original, just get a gba.

Buy a new nintendo 3ds (the small out of production one on amazon) or the new nintendo 3ds xl. The old 3ds is fine too if you don't mind the inferior performance on some titles and lack of compatibility to a select few titles like xenoblade and whatev.(again, because of it's inferior hardware).

If you really wanna go cheap get the old 3ds, install luma+FBI on it and snes9x + some gba .cia titles (there's a pc program in which you can turn gba roms into virtual console .cia files to be installed with fbi).

3DS is the ultimate portable machine second only to maybe the vita (but then again, you miss out on smash, pkmn, and many other 3ds titles). I mean, can you even do remote game installs over network/qr codes on a unlocked vita? I have no idea and desu, I don't care.

Attached: IMG_20190304_231830.jpg (1522x1742, 423K)

can you even get the gcw anymore? Wasn't this shit a320 tier?

Attached: cuckold.jpg (1500x1000, 181K)

the gcw has much better hardware than the a320 and of course it's not in stock (as usual)

1ghz vs 300mhz mips.
The shoulder buttons on the gcw are better than the a320. The face buttons worse because they tend to stick, the dpad is far far worse.
I don't recommend it, which I said earlier in the thread.

Attached: no less than 10000 hours on the dingoo.jpg (3456x4608, 2.45M)