Graduate with computer engineering degree

>graduate with computer engineering degree
>have 3 different internship
>still can't find a job

Attached: 1542787514354.jpg (480x475, 51K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Computer_engineering
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

It's okay, my dude. It'll all work out. Keep looking.

Did you get paid for those internships? Just curious, that's one thing that turned me off from ever doing those, not to mention I don't think they even look at you unless you have really good GPAs. Mine were average

Yes but I was paid peanuts. I could probably go back and get hired but fuck that. I'm sure part of the problem is because I don't use linkedin. I've heard that most HR won't properly process your application unless its through linkedin.

Attached: 1537110920260.jpg (1024x595, 114K)

maybe you just suck shit at engineering and should have stuck to feminist studies, writing for buzzfeed and taking it up the ass for $2 a pop

>maybe you just suck shit at engineering
No I don't.

>should have stuck to feminist studies, writing for buzzfeed and taking it up the ass for $2 a pop
Yeah maybe you should.

It's best not to feed the trolls user. I'm sure you're great at what you do, but times are tough

In America, unpaid internships are mostly illegal. In order to get away with it you need conclusive proof that the position is for education, basically meaning that them being there is costing the company more than you gain from their labor.

LinkedIn is definitely a valuable resource. How much you got paid at the previous positions shouldn't matter for your future positions. Though, from personal experience my four internships in computer engineering ranged from $16/Hr to $35/Hr, which is pretty standard for the industry. If you didn't do any networking getting a job is a long process. You should probably expect to spend a few months sending out applications and doing interviews.

what were your internships for? I'm majoring in CE and I feel like right now I know way now about CS than about engineering. What jobs did you do?

>3rd year CompEng
>haven't even had an internship yet
>only FPGA/hardware design position I applied for told me to write again at a later date
>only really decent at VHDL, Verilog and ASM, barely competent in higher-level languages
oh well time to work on my Java skills I guess

>about to enter 3rd year CE
>only had classes in c++ and Java
>don't know shit about assembly or anything else
My school just gives me CS classes instead of actually applicable programming classes to engineering

yikes, I got lucky because I took the electrical and logic development courses early on, so I latched onto those. I had the typical Algorithms &Data Structures, Software Development and basic CS courses too, but I found those a bit boring since my enjoyment really lies at the RTL level, and logic analysis. By this year, I'm doing a lot of Operating Systems design, System Arch design and hardware analysis with Altera FPGAs , mostly designing with VHDL and programming in ASM and C. I feel way more confident in these courses than I do with the software engineering and CS stuff, mainly because I only started coding in Uni, and a million little pajeets and autists have been publishing their githubs since grade 3, so I feel very inadequate when it comes to that level. But with hardware and HDL stuff, everyone's starting off fresh so I managed to get ahead.

If you want to catch up with the engineering side of things, check out some Electrical Engineering/Circuit Theory courses, and pick up a cheao FPGA board like a Xilinx or Altera Cyclone, download Quartus and start fucking around designing registers, memory, dataflows, etc. The most fun I've had in all of university was designing an 8-bit synthesizer with LUTs supplying waveforms on an FPGA, way more than the software design projects.

First one was a small company that wrote scripting languages for specific ATMs. No meetings and I worked with other interns. I mostly converted old REXX algorithms to Java and added new features from time to time.

Second one was cubicle life, working on big software projects for big clients. Daily stand-ups and almost everything in C++. I was doing more analysis than programming, handing out useful information to the actual engineers. Occasionally I would update existing code or fix old ADA algorithms.

Third one was fun, pretty much VR research at the University lab. I got insanely lucky and happened to know the interviewer. Ended up writing a ton of useful code (C++/C#) and made a pretty good 3D model simplifier.

Fag
I haven't finished my degree, dont have any social media or LinkedIn and if anymore of those retard recruiters calls me I'll consider stop using a phone
Dont think about degree's, do your work, learn the most you can and your problem will be the fucking recruiters

>>graduate with computer engineering degree

What EXACTLY can you do?
Oh wait, I know - NOTHING!
Threads like that piss me off.

>LinkedIn
That shit triggers me af most of the people who use it nowadays are recruiters or dumb assholes who like sucking dick

shut the hell up, if I spend 5 years studying this shit I'm entitled to a job

I.. Im sorry pls no sue for white privlidge...

>CE
there's your problem

In my country there isnt any other related courses, so do that or dont get a degree, the moment you finish your degree move back to a better country not full of dumb people

>entitled
Lel the only thing you are entitled to is life until you die
Until people fucking grow up that's what you are entitled to

>majored in econ
>completely changed career path
>Worked at shitty start up
>Got software engineer job at $80k
Are you guys retarded or something?

Is CE actually a meme or is this all CS undergrads from no-name university who never did calculus trying to piss all over good degrees?

Attached: 1531695406371.gif (500x355, 156K)

>What EXACTLY can you do?
I appreciate your interest. There's a lot to say so its easier if you read it on your own.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Computer_engineering

>2.9 GPA
>1,000+ hours on Steam Games
>No clubs/Involvement on Campus
>Resume is left aligned generic Times New Roman snoozefest
>No github Link
>No personal website
>Invests $0 on a good suit
>Greasy matted hair
>Weak handshake
Master all of these and there’s no reason why you can’t get an internship. I got an internship at $18/hr with a 2.7 GPA and excellent bullshitting skills. Go join a few clubs and attend ONE meeting just to fill out your resume. Finesse your way to a great job. But don’t come here whining like a little bitch because you don’t have any hustle. Also check’em

****Improve all of these

Nope, actually pretty happy with myself and my life
Although im guessing you got there by sucking dick, i got ask how did it feel, on the other end its the cycle of cock suckers

>doing bad in life
>everyone is a cocksucker!!!
why even bother trying to give you words of wisdom? you’re a jaded fucking faggot who is pulling himself down with negativity. enjoy living an anger filled life of mediocrity. sage

Good recommendations, especially the git(hub/lab/bitbucket) that shit is the most important in my opinion

Not pulling myself down, trying to make you wake the fuck up and not continuing sucking cock
But yeah sure what matters is the corporeal world

>>What EXACTLY can you do?
>I appreciate your interest. There's a lot to say so its easier if you read it on your own.
>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Computer_engineering

What
Can
You
Do

Attached: He+is+norwegian+not+russian+look+him+up+on+youtube+_1b77129e7335f2d7f029a3a9a7e9d589.jpg (625x328, 30K)

see >inb4 you have to specialize in very specific frameworks or
YOU'RE NOT EXACTLY DOING SOMETHING

Hahaha, you fell for the college meme. Enjoy drowning in debt and eventually killing yourself.

I got there by being internally referred and impressing the hiring manager. Mix of luck and skill.

Meant for

>don't know what direction I want to specialize in
Quick bros, what's the comfiest jobs out there. What do I need to pick up / learn that my college isn't going to bother teaching?

Attached: comfy.jpg (1024x1024, 70K)

>walk into interview and throw diploma on table
>Thats great user, but can you tell us what you as an individual have done?
>Throws down business card with wikipedia article on entire field of computer engineering