So, this is the power of linux gaming

So, this is the power of linux gaming...

Attached: result.png (1282x1548, 2.62M)

Other urls found in this thread:

devpy.me/how-to-emulate-breath-of-the-wild-on-linux-or-installing-and-optimising-cemu/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

What are you implying?

What am I supposed to be seeing, faggot. Linux seems to have more frames.

Yes, we know. We know that CEMU runs better on Linux ironically enough than on Windows. This has been the case for a good while now.

Also let me say: The issue is not whether or not Linux does better or worse at one game or another. The issue is the setup. People can afford losing 5 frames but they won't sit there trying to troubleshoot something until it works properly. They want to install and forget. In this case CEMU is already a pain.

AMD should just port Mesa to Windows, that's how embarrassing their OpenGL performance is.

Is it worth doing the GPU passthrough thing?

I really want to get rid of Windows for anything but games, but the idea of dual booting for some shit just pisses me off.

Play SOMA, just do it

Attached: Soma_Game_Art.png (220x255, 70K)

The problem with opengl on windows is its a pain in the ass to implement because dri/glvnd doesn't exist you have to pipe shit through dxgi

>AMD
>OpenGL

Attached: Laughing Whore.jpg (762x900, 161K)

No. Don't be autistic.
Just use Windows.

They are moving to Vulkan though. This is only a problem with OpenGL and Linux drivers being better at it (unless it's some ancient compatibility shit).

>different angle
>in a game in a emulator where 15 degrees of camera angle can mean the difference between 60 and 25 FPS
nice try lincucks

Attached: 1551635589712.jpg (1230x854, 153K)

>sameffagging with anime girls
Obvious samefag is obvious

Attached: 1534661526907.png (3084x2568, 188K)

gb2reddit larper fag

Video games are for children. Take them back to your board.

"wrong"

How about you refine your samefag skills?

Attached: 1551656496572.gif (500x287, 579K)

I guess it's finally time to give it a shot for those who didn't yet.
I spent 140 hours on the 1st walkthrough, so it's not for me, yup.

Attached: owo.png (758x411, 73K)

What does a fine walking sim got to do with probably the best open world game?

I spend hundreds of hours playing on Wii U and a few dozen in Cemu, but with 60 FPS unlock and 1440p ultrawide resolution, much better experience.

AYYMD HAS NO DRIVERS

this game was overrated as all hell and I genuinely do not understand how people enjoyed it.
The open world was barren with not much incentive to explore, the combat was a shitty dark souls attempt, weapons breaking was a terrible and annoying balancing mechanic, and they completely did away with dungeons.

Because it was kinda different still

I mean everyone complains and cries that all zelda games are the same, so they did something different. Doesn't mean it's good, but still

> The open world was barren
Post-apocalypse, so it's how it should be.
> not much incentive to explore
Towers were just fine for that. For the rest, to not turn it into a /v/ discussion, I can say that this game does everything better than Skyrim or Fallout 4, and it's enough for that kind of game.

>this game does everything better than Skyrim
it's the worst of the elder scrolls, but this is just false.
>or Fallout 4
yeah I'd agree with this.

ok? fuck off back to now, kiddo

Yet we have daily Nvidia v/s AMD buyers remorse threads in a daily basis. Not much different.

AMD niglet detected.

>cemu is on gnu now
very nice

Attached: 1551569033565.png (711x947, 372K)

>wine

Yes, you can just nuke your windows installation if something goes wrong and try again, with all your files safe on a real filesystem like ext4.

>on gnu
you cannot develop or port a program to "gnu" because it is not an operating system.

>this statement enrages the stallman

>cemu
This is a proprietary closed source emulator.
>botw
This is a proprietary closed source game. Also, nintendo games are mindless consumption products made solely for distracting children.

Do not post these harmful freedom-hating products here. The appropriate containment board for nonfree babysitting software is /v/.

What are you gonna do about it?

eat foot cheese like a true freetard

Its on wine? What is cemu?

Looks like that.
CEMU is a somewhat yucky closed source, but working Wii U emulator. Probably closed source so the devs can make money off it and probably also uses proprietary Nintendo code hidden behind the closed source.

Lmao, I get solid 60 FPS with a Vega 56 on Windows. What kind of shitty budget GPU do you have?

OpenGL is faster on Linux?

No, OpenGL is less shit on Linux.

wii u is like $100 bucks now with free library through soft mod. why bother with emulators?

Because it's already better than the real thing? Mods, including higher frame rates and resolutions. Nobody should play at 30 FPS / 900p in 2019.

All that cheaply made consumer crap will be dead in 20 years, what will we do then? Not play the games when we feel like it when emulation is a perfectly acceptable alternative?
Plus

you're going to need a wii u gamepad anyway to get the full experience.

Depends on the game. BotW works perfectly fine with a DS4 in CEMU on Windows. The gyro works just as well, if not better.
Gamepad screen is an option for other games that actually use it, so it swapping between them with a press of a button, sadly not many Wii U games used the screen for anything meaningful, if at all.

Its easier to just pick up the controller and click on a game and have it playing in 10 sec on my computer instead of waiting 5 min with a real Wii U
Faster load time, more FPS, higher resolutions, more controller options, etc

Attached: botwisthatbad.jpg (1562x608, 155K)

I see, op, so a young boy walks topless through tall grass.
Suddenly, as he nears a large rock, a giant Michael Jackson blocks his path

Link is like a late teen in BOTW
Way too old

Because fuck you, that's why

Attached: 1548508797381.jpg (2000x1500, 1.83M)

I'd rather keep the 100 bucks and just play on my PC that can already handle it

>gaming

Fuck off back to /v/, man child.

Attached: 6a019b04de35dc970d01a73da212e8970d-800wi.png (300x331, 74K)

>why bother with emulators?
consoles have a defined lifespan, emulators don't.
easier to record
easier to manage save data
you can connect whatever input device
cheat code
sometime enhanced graphics
enhanced frametime
can manipulate game speed
games are part of our culture, it's natural to save them from destruction (hardware is not eternal) so game dumps are mandatory and it's always cool to have, atleast, the software stack to run them, be it now or in 100 years.

cemu is shady, obscure business tho, I don't trust these guys but it's the best wii u emulator.

get another Hard Drive first

>uses proprietary Nintendo code hidden behind the closed source.
this is not a smart thing to do

So hey, here's an interesting bit of data from 2017 and 2018:
>Linux: Free. If we're being generous (rounding a less than 2% market share up to the full 2%), maybe 10,000,000 new or returning consumer desktops. Maybe. With all distros combined.
>Breath of the Wild: Costs money. Confirmed over 10,000,000 copies sold, with lord-only-knows how many pirated.

Neat, huh?

realy makes u think

nintendo = bad

Stop wasting your life in video games. It's time to grow up.

Attached: 1196739152261.jpg (640x360, 19K)

Think of the shekels of the sois wanting to play BotW and XBC tho
Who cares about lawsuits, they'll be in Central America before anyone even notices

And? Grow up, and?
Who even gives a fuck, you're going to rot just like everyone else.

It's more like a good example of how poor AMD drivers are (especially on windows)

>more frames
it's an image mate. a single frame

Both Vulkan and oGL are faster on Linux.

It's a OpenGL issue, they are well regarded on Linux.

Are you being retarded on purpose? Each screenshot shows the fps in the header.

>Vulkan faster on Linux.
"No."

OGL is though. The drivers for Windows are dogshit when it comes to OGL.

>Nintendo emulator for Windows
>44 FPS
>Nintendo emulator for Windows, running on Linux via WINE
>60 FPS
wintoddlers eternally BTFO

Somehow you can use an Android device as a gyroscope

How are people getting Cemu to work on Wine? I just can't get it working. Cemu starts, but when I try to start BotW it just stays stuck on a black screen for a while and then crashes.

It's your freetard AMD shits fault

Wtf i just bought a switch last week

So i just wasted my money?

What GPU? What graphics drivers?

Yuzu is in active development and open source software. So yes, in a year people will be playing SMO and Pokeshit on cheap Ryzen boxes at twice the frame rate and resolution than your Switch.

No, Vulkan has always been faster on Linux. At least on nVidia.

Nvidia, proprietary. When I look at the crash log, the issue seems related to audio, where I'm using alsa. Not pulse. Also, when starting, I get pic related.

Attached: Selection_595.png (322x161, 9K)

"no" for both

Attached: 0.jpg (1280x720, 144K)

What Wine version? Have you also tried Proton?

Wine 3.0, I did everything as this guide said: devpy.me/how-to-emulate-breath-of-the-wild-on-linux-or-installing-and-optimising-cemu/ Running with Proton (through Steam) seems to have the same result, but I haven't checked any crash logs for that yet. I take back what I said about audio, that only happened when I tried using apulse.

Just press no, i get this and it works

I do as well, but after cemu starts I still get the crash when starting U-king.rpx.

>wasting cpu cycles in order to achieve meme framerates like that
good luck playing that sped up shit lincuck

Do you have zelda dlc or updates installed? Try to move them out and then start the game, it may be a bad update

I renamed their folders to .old and loaded the .rpx again, but no change. I also at one point downloaded Japanese voices for the game, which might have caused some issues, but to revert that I'd have to completely redownload the game. I'll try it, but I'd rather find a different fix.

you are looking at an image user. you DO know the difference between video and images right?

I am looking at a still image of a moving medium. I still don't understand your point.

Ok, so it's game dependent. Non-game benchmarks used to show that Linux has better performance, and emulators using Vulkan or oGL always had better performance on Linux.

Attached: useless benchmarks.png (824x430, 12K)

fps are shit to measure performance of a game.
from a programing perspective you want to always throttle the fps count to not use the 100% of all available resources, a better criteria would be how it performs if its lags out shit like that.

>from a programing perspective you want to always throttle the fps count to not use the 100% of all available resources
That's only the case if you've got exclusive deals with GPU manufacturers.

This, you can have 200 FPS and have stutter that makes the game unplayable, something that will happen under heavy load with our shittily programmed drivers, games and operating systems.
While something running at 60 FPS can be much smoother with constant fametimes and no stuttering.

Going by how badly everything Linux is made, it's probably the first one for this case.

just play the game on switch

Attached: Good-Posture.png (1280x828, 567K)

Cemu on Windows: 44 fps
Cemu on Linux: 60 fps

If this is an OpenGL issue, does it only work faster on Linux for AMD GPUs? I know AMD has neglected OpenGL on Windows more than Nvidia has.

You can set up VMs too so you can use whichever you aren't booted into in a VM. When running the Windows VM on Linux you can also give it your GPU to game at almost native speeds.

Gentle reminder that RMS doesn’t even install the operating systems he shills, he has other people do the work for him

Yeah, I can read.

games = manly hobby
programming/tech = man child s.o.y beta male

he means grow up and be a father to Tyrone's child and a beta wageslave provider for Stacy's rotten used meat.

today this is more true