Language uses garbage collection

>language uses garbage collection

Attached: file.png (680x680, 995K)

Other urls found in this thread:

play.rust-lang.org/?gist=d65d605a48d38648737ad2ae38f46434&version=stable
youtube.com/watch?v=HgtRAbE1nBM
dlang.org/
stackoverflow.com/questions/6976957/when-can-garbage-collection-be-faster-than-manual-memory-management
shop.oreilly.com/product/0636920033707.do?cmp=af-code-books-video-product_cj_0636920033707_7708709
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Garbage collection is often faster than manual memory management.

if only this site's backend were written in a garbage collected language so that it could automatically discard posts like

both need to be optimized in hot code anyway

keep writing your shitty code that leaks memory all over the place

>what is valgrind

What, does it try to collect you whenever you do anything

says local retard

> what is not being garbage programmer

Enjoy wasting your time optimizing dumb shit. C#, Java and Golang are miracles of productivity and they approach C++ performance (like 5-20% overhead which is absolutely nothing)

>C#, Java and Golang are miracles of productivity

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAH-----breathes----AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAH

Attached: RUST.png (209x208, 24K)

Rust is a total meme. Imagine spending hours fighting the compiler just to make a doubly linked list.

Why exactly do you need to make a doubly linked list when it's already in the standard library?
As a person who likes Rust, it's anything but productive.

It's just an example of how building nontrivial things in Rust becomes very difficult very quickly just because the borrow checker is braindead. And a doubly linked list isn't even in the realm of the nontrivial imo.

This is why D is better

D is for Dead language.
Just fucking use a garbage collected language already. 99% of the things you can do can be done with one. Don't be an autist who jerks off over using the "right" tool and always doing things the "right" way. Startups make millions with codebases that are all Python and PHP.
Python and PH fucking P.
Maybe at least use something respectable, like a language with an actual type system, but it doesn't have to be C, D, Rust or bust.

can i write a xor doubly linked list in rust

>D is for Dead language.
Latest update came less than a week ago
>Just fucking use a garbage collected language already.
What do you mean? D is primarily a garbage collected language.
>like a language with an actual type system
D has a type system
yes
play.rust-lang.org/?gist=d65d605a48d38648737ad2ae38f46434&version=stable

Underappreciated post.

Imagine being this fucking stupid. To just say things you know nothing about with absolute conviction.

>Jow Forums uses garbage collection
>it collects you

youtube.com/watch?v=HgtRAbE1nBM

Not him but I agree. Garbage collection is more correct and efficient at handling resources than manual management. Non trivial projects like Linux use their form of garbage collection with ref counting.
Manual garbage collection is still garbage collection.

Okay you caught me. I know almost nothing about D. Just that it's been around for nearly 20 years, it lets you do unsafe C++ style things, and nobody uses it.
Redpill me. I know Java and C# well, and they both have fantastic tooling, communities, performance, and are cross platform. If I dearly need maximum speed in a tight loop, I can write a C++ lib and p/invoke it from C#. What does D offer?

D is safer because it has both smart pointers and GC. I'm not a salesman but you can check it out yourself. D is very similar to Java in many cases + sane template metaprogramming + sane functional features.
dlang.org/

Imagine thinking that malloc is fast.

Attached: 1550778076526.png (560x560, 289K)

I bet you also strongly believe you're not a fucking retard too.

Attached: idiot_clap.png (488x463, 28K)

dumbass you just refrenced it. good luck with that garbage collection.

stackoverflow.com/questions/6976957/when-can-garbage-collection-be-faster-than-manual-memory-management

And how many projects use the theoretically optimal memory management algorithm? The reality is that 99.9% of programmers just use malloc/free with no understanding of how allocators work or how slow they are. No amount of mental gymnastics will make malloc faster than a braindead copying collector that just increments a pointer.

A xor doubly linked list uses a trick with bitwise xor to only have to store one pointer per node. This doesn't qualify. Can you perform bitwise operations on pointers in rust? I'd suspect you cannot outside of unsafe code.

>doesn’t understand use cases for certain language
I’m not fucking managing memory unless my application is memory critical. The C brainlets are the ones building user space applications where Java, C#, or whatever higher level language is easier. Those who use speed for memory and speed critical shit are doing fine.

Hello,
Just would like to mention good design can obviate many memory problems/leaks. Basically you want to:
1) use immutable data as much as possible.
2) use stack allocated data over new as much as possible.
3) have clear ownership of data if it is shared and writable.
4) make defensive copies of shared data that may change underfoot.
READ A BOOK PEOPLE!
shop.oreilly.com/product/0636920033707.do?cmp=af-code-books-video-product_cj_0636920033707_7708709

C++'s auto keyword is great! It makes much more sense than say Scala's type infrancing.

Attached: NXIrAQAAQBAJ.jpg (260x300, 27K)